Awoo.

Let's beat this off the high-horse- we're not the worst fandom

Mauro Fonseca

Probably because your opposition to this is pretty absurd. Also your metaphors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look I'm done with this. How did an ENTIRE page come from this?

Because just about everyone who's read your posts think they're outlandish and outrageous enough to respond to.

And I wished you'd answer my original question before deciding to drop this: What have you accomplished in this world thus far that has allowed you to be so amazingly full of yourself that you have to dismiss- nay, outright shit on- the accomplishments of a child who, for his age, has shown commendable passion, endurance, and hard work?

• Thumbs Up 3

I just think It wasn't really necessarily and that he's WAY to addicted to hedgehogs. It's not bad that hedgehogs are now legal in his town but was the stuff he did to get one really worth it? I don't hate the kid just think that he could have gotten a dog or something else. It's just a hedgehog. 3 years of work just to get a hedgehog. A HEDGEHOG.

what else is their to say? Good for him he dedicated himself to something but something as small as having a pet hedgehog isnt worth 3 years if you ask me.

Wouldn't it be more pointless to get a dog when you don't want one?

Not only that, but dogs are far more work in the long run anyways. Three years of letter-writing versus seven-plus years- depending upon the breed- of training, exercising, grooming, and costly vaccination and medical bills.

Great trade-off.

So because TAKING CARE for a pet is to much to handle you don't get one?

Are you seriously asking this question?

If you can't afford a pet or don't possess the will to take care of it, you don't get one. Getting a pet under false pretenses is a surefire way to lead to that animal's physical and emotional suffering. It is part of the reason we invented the idea of an animal shelter. It's why we have laws in place now to protect their welfare.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whoops. What I meant to say is that just because taking care of a pet is a hassle (like any pet would be most of the time) you don't get the pet?

You know it won't be easy to take care of any pet. Unless your Pet's food and medical attention is exclusive to places like France or something, You don't not get the pet just because you'll know it will be hard to take CARE of. Theirs a difference between to hard to GET a pet and to hard to TAKE CARE of a pet.

I'm not saying there isn't a difference.

I'm saying buying and owning a healthy, active breed of dog for its full lifespan will require tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars, tens of thousands of hours of time, and tens of thousands of hours of outdoor physical effort, more than what he could've ever exerted on his letter-writing campaign plus the cost of owning a hedgehog in the first place.

And yet you were advocating that he should've given up and gotten a dog instead on the basis of effort. Your logic is massively flawed.

• Thumbs Up 1

There was someone who lobbied for a pet hedgehog for three years and actually won?

That's... actually awesome. I admire anyone willing to go through lengths to actually contribute something to society, even if it's something as simple as having a pet!

Stop making it out to be a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep. It was a topic on SSMB when the story originally broke, if I recall correctly. Why this kid is being put down is beyond me.

I think someone needs to understand the concept of "three years". It does not mean that every moment of one's waking life for three years was spent doing it, it means that it took three years to do it.

I worked on writing an original short story for about a year. That year was mostly spent ignoring it for months at a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think someone needs to understand the concept of "three years". It does not mean that every moment of one's waking life for three years was spent doing it, it means that it took three years to do it.

I worked on writing an original short story for about a year. That year was mostly spent ignoring it for months at a time.

He said he worked every night on this thing. Probably exaggeration though Since their's probably not enough information to last you every night of research for 3 YEARS. But still was it reallly necessary exaggerate like that though? How can anyone tell really the EXACT amount of effort that he put into this?

Lets please get back on topic about the rest of the Sonic fanbase's and other fanbase's.

HEDGEHOGS HEDGEHOGS HEDGEHOGS OFF-TOPIC BWA HA HA HA HA

... *cough*

*sigh*

The Sonic fanbase isn't the one that has the worst members, but it's the least united one, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 3

HEDGEHOGS HEDGEHOGS HEDGEHOGS OFF-TOPIC BWA HA HA HA HA

... *cough*

*sigh*

The Sonic fanbase isn't the one that has the worst members, but it's the least united one, that's for sure.

I can see why people hate this fanbase though. Sonic fans have done some dumbass stuff over the years. I'm going to quote what I said from the sega forum:

Why is the sonic fanbase hated? Lets see.... Complaining about everything, Retro fanboys (people like nichoci), retro***S (aknotholeresident), Arguably liking bad games, Fan characters, Fan fiction, recolors, Wanting only THIS franchise in particular to be 100 percent perfect or 100 percent the way they want for some reason, The fact that some fans are also fans of thomas the tank engine and even barney...BARNEY!, Also their's THIS...click if you dare..., The fandom, Stuped idiotic boycots, Couples no one outside the fanbase likes like "sonadow" or "shadamy" I could go OOOOON and OOOOOON. The question is would you like me to? For every good fan, Theres 2 bad fans to replace him/her.

Also don't forget the sonic fanbase slogan! "I'm Wright, your wrong. Get off the internet" At least thats for 32% of the fans...

I stick with this fanbase just because of how...unique...it is. I wonder what their going to do next...

Of course theirs plenty of good fans though they always get overwritten by the bad fans.

And then theirs sonic passion...

ALIX HENRIOOOOOOOOOL *lol she actually got over her sonic addiction I think*

Also more reasons:

Some kid researched for 3 years just to get a pet hedgehog in his town where hedgehog's were not allowed as pets...I'm DEAD serious...,

Their was this "fan" on sonic passion was showing off her genitalia on the internet And selling her pantie hoes for money And she eventually moved to Mexico with his boyfriend and became his ***** for a living. Eventually she got a child and called the baby "yuji naka amber". True story. Sad ain't it? SOME sonic fans have these extremely weird...fetishes....,A good portion of sonic fans are also furries. IDC about furries but their usually hated across the internet so....ya.

stay tuned for more after these comercial breaks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Every fanbase develops the same symptoms as soon as you get enough fans in it. It doesn't even have to be a video game fandom. Tried listening to football (that's soccer to those thinking of the obscure foreign sport that doesn't involve nearly as much foot-to-ball contact) fans yap in a group for any length of time? Egads!

• Thumbs Up 1

Every fanbase has some pretty er... less than wanted members. Why is it the Sonic fanbase that gets the most attention? I don't know. I have see from pretty dumb crap from every fanbase. Zelda(The art style arguments), Dr Who(The best Doctor) Sports(Favourite team arguments), even bronies to an extent(The clopfics, the CLOPFICS!(Though everything has Rule 34 of it.)and some fans that are a bit too passionate). Honestly, it's the internet. I expect to see stupid crap. When I see something really bad, I just go to Ponychan, read the topics where people have problems and all the users give useful advice and help, relax in the heartwarming and drink lots of water.

As for what's the worst or best... who can honestly tell? There are too many fanbases to be apart of all of them.

Did you get all of that from the Blackbustercritic? Cause Blackblustercritic is the only person on youtube I know who have said that Sonic fans are also fans of Barney, Thomas, makes fun of Sonic fans on the news, etc.

Ya lol. He kicks ass. He be speakin the truth about almost anything.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

I perhaps know of one Sonic fan on youtube who still likes Barney but that doesn't mean the BBC should group the entire fanbase as people who are also fans of Barney and/or Thomas the train cause a few people within the fanbase likes it. Don't believe that shit.

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 5

I perhaps know of one Sonic fan on youtube who still likes Barney but that doesn't mean the BBC should group the entire fanbase as people who are also fans of Barney and/or Thomas the train cause a few people within the fanbase likes it. Don't believe that shit.

Thats cause the barney fans were kicked off youtube I believe. Blackbustercritic knows that their are good sonic fans. But they are usually hidden by the bad ones. He didn't say that most sonic fans are thomas/barney fags either. Just certain ones.

So I was reading some shnizz on Dorkly (CollegeHumor spin off with nerd/geek type things), who, like any video game comedy site, can never miss an opportunity to bash Sonic fans, when it dawned on me. I know a perfect reason for why the Sonic fandom isn't the worst fandom there is.

We're one of the fandoms who are most often mocked by gaming media.

Think about it for a moment. If we were truly as bad as people within and outside the fandom say we are, then no one would want to touch us. You don't go up to a group of crazed mass murderers and start making fun of them; you don't want to get killed. So somewhere there's a fandom much worse than us and the only reason no one really knows who it is is because no one wants to mock them lest they get internet-murdered. Yes there are Sonic fans who rage at everyone who dares mock their community (I've been guilty of it on occasion), but the most they're capable of is swinging twigs around.

But like others have said, I think it's also just a sign of how many Sonic fans their are. Think of fandoms like cities. The bigger the city, the more crime and bad neighborhoods and such there will be. The Sonic fandom just happens to look like Gotham half the time.

The G-faqs boards are all the reasons I need to assume this fanbase is utterly awful for the most part

Thats cause the barney fans were kicked off youtube I believe. Blackbustercritic knows that their are good sonic fans. But they are usually hidden by the bad ones. He didn't say that most sonic fans are thomas/barney fags either. Just certain ones.

If he happens to know there are good Sonic Fans, he has a strange way of showing it.

He constantly voices the negatives of every aspect of everything he is ranting about, I've never heard anything positive in his rants. I could be mistaken, but if he apparently knows there are good Sonic fans, why does he have the audacity to say that SEGA don't care about us? Why does he have to use the term Sonic Fags?

I don't buy that shizz, man. If you are going to say this fanbase is bad instead of singling out the ones that make the good ones look bad for example, then the point still stands we get unfairly battered for what many other fanbases do already.

• Thumbs Up 1