Awoo.

Let's beat this off the high-horse- we're not the worst fandom

Mauro Fonseca

If he happens to know there are good Sonic Fans, he has a strange way of showing it.

He constantly voices the negatives of every aspect of everything he is ranting about, I've never heard anything positive in his rants. I could be mistaken, but if he apparently knows there are good Sonic fans, why does he have the audacity to say that SEGA don't care about us? Why does he have to use the term Sonic Fags?

I don't buy that shizz, man. If you are going to say this fanbase is bad instead of singling out the ones that make the good ones look bad for example, then the point still stands we get unfairly battered for what many other fanbases do already.

Edited by Mephiles550

He talks about sonic and his fans in more then just his "sonic brainfart" videos. Go watch the 25000 subscribers plus Q+A vid and some others. Besides He only talks about certain fans. He know's the entire fanbase isn't horrible but a chunk of it is. And he doesn't hate sonic. He likes the daytime stages in unleashed and he likes sonic rush and all the other critically praised games. Besides all of his views on sonic are just opinions that others like I agree with. Our fanbase isn't the worst. It's just that the bad fans keep on doing this stupid ass stuff and they've been doing it for so much and so long thats how most people view the fanbase just as bad as those people. And theirs so many of those guys.

Plenty of people don't like most the games after heroes and he's one of those people.(I'm not) In his views of sonic, he's similar to the people at IGN. They don't like the games because of bad controls, camera issues, ext. Colors is a great game and they both think that Calling colors "what unleashed should have been". And the unleashed day time parts are good so like IGN he likes those. He wonders why people like the games past sonic heroes-late 2009(unleashed day time exception). And since theirs so many fans who do all these overly dedicated thats related to sonic stuff because their fans of mostly the new games which are in his opinion horrible, He wonder's why people get so addicted to the bad games and tries to see the flaws in the guys he does brainfarts on. He's not a fanboy of anything like mario or something. He just said likes good games. the games after heroes-late 2009 aren't good games biggrin.gif He thinks secret rings is good though to I think.

• Thumbs Up 7

His views on the games are just his opinions. He doesn't like them but I don't think he use's them as ammo against the guys he talks about usually. The thing with your pie example is that that pie is probably good. Just that you in particular don't like that certain type of pie. Thats an opinion. The thing with the sonic games is that you'll find technical problems and bugs and glitches in plenty of places. Thats not something you can just ignore. Those are real problems that are right in front of you that anyone can see. You can still like those games since it's your opinion but those games are full of glitches and bugs eitherway so someone who ISN'T a fan of it has to wonder why other people like it. And like I said he likes the games that arn't glitch happy like Colors.

Maybe I just suck at explaining it or I think you should just watch more of his stuff on youtube then think about it.

Edited by Mephiles550

Honestly, all I'm getting is "You like bad Sonic games? You call yourself a Sonic fan? Stop shoveling down all the shit Sega throws at you! Start liking good Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why does it matter if some Sonic fans also like Barney or Thomas?

more importantly, what the heck does a purple dinosaur and a talking train have to do with sonic games, anyway?

Edited by the blu blur
  • Thumbs Up 1

more importantly, what the heck does a purple dinosaur and a talking train have to do with sonic games, anyway?

Because dinosaurs, like hedgehogs, are creatures that shouldn't be capable of human speech. And Thomas, like Sonic, is blue.

Conspiracy theories!

we're at the top, even when compared to the fandoms of

INVADER ZIM

Adventure Time

Naruto

COD

Bleach

MLP

Pokemon

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I think it's pretty much the same as any other fandom. I mean, to do a list of the faults with the other fandoms I'm a part of;

Mario: Whiny. As. Fuck. They're more obsessed with getting their desired characters than WE are, and there's often debates about how overrated they find the Galaxy games/NSMBW.

Oh yes, and Rosalina vs Lubba. The Rosalina fans are some of the worst. >:/

Crash: Well, it's actually pretty peaceful on the actual Crash side. Those who prefer ND have mostly moved on and departed from the fandom, so what we have left are general Crash fans. They mostly hack the games, looking for glitches and unused level assets (they've actually dug up plenty of gold, in that respect), as well as scouting for rare merchandise. The Crash debates are peaceful.

...The personal non-Crash discussion between them? Yeah, you do NOT want to get involved with that, they tend to be downright venomous towards each other, and not on a typical scale either.

Spyro: Well, this one is blissfully simple; it's classic (possibly also VU, A Hero's Tail has been getting a popularity resurgence in the vein of Sonic Heroes) fans vs Legend of Spyro fans. What more do you need to know?

Well, okay, I can say that the classic fans have warmed up to Skylanders far more readily than the LoS fans. Strange...

LittleBigPlanet: Ooh, God, LBP. Put it like this; conform to the standards and thoughts of those at LittleBigPlanet Central (ie basically the collective of the hardcore fandom), and you will do fine, people take you in with open arms and give you a big warm welcome.

If you, however, support any of the following;

-Heart for Heart (H4H) levels

-Play for Play (P4P) levels

-Rare costume (aka the Crown, the Beta Vest, and the 1-week availability LBP PSP/LBP2 T-Shirts)

-Costume levels (I think it's just for random "Free costumes!" levels though, ones with a specific theme are okay)

-Bomb Survival levels (Poor Stack Up)

-Copyable levels

Then you're effectively scum to them, contributing to the downfall of LBP and need to be rid of in order to raise it up again. And you're even more scum if you're a ten-year-old who's just trying to get to grips with the basics of level making.

It's a harsh crowd.

Rayman: Used to be AWFUL when the Rabbids were still conjoined to it, nearly everyone would bicker about how bad they were instead of having meaningful discussion about, well, Rayman. I think Origins would have eased that a lot, but I haven't been on Raymanzone since before it was announced.

Fur Fighters: This fandom does not exist.

So you see, they all have some major faults that can easily be picked at. It's just that people tend to pick on Sonic more.

LittleBigPlanet: Ooh, God, LBP. Put it like this; conform to the standards and thoughts of those at LittleBigPlanet Central (ie basically the collective of the hardcore fandom), and you will do fine, people take you in with open arms and give you a big warm welcome.

If you, however, support any of the following;

-Heart for Heart (H4H) levels

-Play for Play (P4P) levels

-Rare costume (aka the Crown, the Beta Vest, and the 1-week availability LBP PSP/LBP2 T-Shirts)

-Costume levels (I think it's just for random "Free costumes!" levels though, ones with a specific theme are okay)

-Bomb Survival levels (Poor Stack Up)

-Copyable levels

Then you're effectively scum to them, contributing to the downfall of LBP and need to be rid of in order to raise it up again. And you're even more scum if you're a ten-year-old who's just trying to get to grips with the basics of level making.

It's a harsh crowd.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks LBP users as of late has been uploading the same rehashed stages over and over again.

Do you mean the fact that they are trying to make the stages lack any variety whatsoever? :V

That long list of types of stages they hate seem to be over doing things...and it makes them look like they want everything hardcore and samey.

Do you mean the fact that they are trying to make the stages lack any variety whatsoever? :V

That long list of types of stages they hate seem to be over doing things...and it makes them look like they want everything hardcore and samey.

No, hold up, Ananze isn't wrong here.

It's not the dislike of the levels that's my issue here. I mean, it IS true that the abundance of those levels is blocking the genuinely imaginative and original levels from being seen by the masses...but that's been an issue since the early days of LBP1, so why they're only complaining now is a mystery to me. My issue is that they have a venomous attitude toward the people who like the levels, as well. I can easily say "Sure, the levels annoying, but I know that there are plenty of people who like and enjoy that, so I'll just look harder for stuff I like". Other folks of the fandom just think that those who like and enjoy that shouldn't be allowed to play LBP and be banned from making the levels they want, period.

To make up a Sonic analogy, it'd be comparable to the difference between disliking Sonic 2006, and thinking that people who like to play Sonic 2006 shouldn't deserve to play Sonic games.

Edited by VEDJ-F

No, hold up, Ananze isn't wrong here.

It's not the dislike of the levels that's my issue here. I mean, it IS true that the abundance of those levels is blocking the genuinely imaginative and original levels from being seen by the masses...but that's been an issue since the early days of LBP1, so why they're only complaining now is a mystery to me. My issue is that they have a venomous attitude toward the people who like the levels, as well. I can easily say "Sure, the levels annoying, but I know that there are plenty of people who like and enjoy that, so I'll just look harder for stuff I like". Other folks of the fandom just think that those who like and enjoy that shouldn't be allowed to play LBP and be banned from making the levels they want, period.

To make up a Sonic analogy, it'd be comparable to the difference between disliking Sonic 2006, and thinking that people who like to play Sonic 2006 shouldn't deserve to play Sonic games.

TBH, Flipnote Hatena (if anyone uses it) is also fallen to the same fate. Most of "Most Popular" flipnotes are just spinoff or (possibly) stolen flipnotes of the same topics-Justin Beiber haterade, Adopt a "___" flipnote, etc. In fact I just recently checked out Flipnote Hatena (the first time in MONTHS), and one of the top six flipnotes was one of those JB hate flipnotes. :|

I am going to build off of what Kintobor and Solaris said and say that the difference between our fan base and others' is that our over obsessed, nut-jobs are a lot more louder. While many of extremists of other fan bases often hide in forums remaining silent, you have crazies in our fan base who like to make their retardation public. It doesn't get that much better when you have people like Chasethehedgehog, Chris Chan, and Spax3 who happen to being a part of the Sonic fan base. Add into the connection with the furry fan base, the recolor artists, the DBZ fanboys who make DBZ styled Sonic fan fictions (Which a lot of them that suck with SMBZ being on of the only exceptions) you have one of the most infamous and laughed at fan bases on the internet. The people who I just mention are only a few of the people who drove our fan base into the ground. BLACKbusterCritic's series 'Sonic Brainfart' only made our situation even more public and much worse.

Sonic's downfall could have been one of the causes, because unlike when Crash fell and died off quietly, Sonic was still popular, therefore attracting more people who are willing to go to the front lines to defend many of Sonic's bad games like Sonic 06.

If there were to be the worst gaming fan bases list I would place Sonic in the top 3, but as far as fan bases in general go, there are much, much, much worse. *Cough* *cough*