Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Sonic Generations: Thrilling Hallway Adventure.

Unfortunately I've still yet to see anything that excites me, but I didn't really expect it from a fast-cut trailer like this. Game continues to look pretty, but not much else.

How is spagonia a boost hallway? I can clearly see multiple pathways! Also seaside ruin(i'm mixing both) Has multiple paths as well.

The rocks from seaside hill are back, and the balloons from roof top run too yay.biggrin.gif

Also what was that flying thing in roof top run that was attacking modern sonic?huh.gif

Edited by redhellc

How is spagonia a boost hallway? I can clearly see multiple pathways! Also seaside ruin(i'm mixing both) Has multiple paths as well.
I never said the entire thing was a boost hallway, but I see a depressing number of empty or mostly-empty hallways in that video.

I never said the entire thing was a boost hallway, but I see a depressing number of empty or mostly-empty hallways in that video.

Look at 00:23 for seaside hill and 00:53 for spagonia. Multiple paths. Also just because it shows some areas were it's narrow doesn't mean it will all be linear.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look at 00:23 for seaside hill and 00:53 for spagonia. Multiple paths.
Do you speak English?

Trailer is epic win. Love the way they handle Spagonia and Seaside Hill. I hope variety guys will know stop bitching about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously, are we going to have this freakin discussion again? Just let it go before this drags on to several more pages of people bickering back and fourth with Diogenes about the game being nothing but boost hallways, etc. This happens with every new trailer now.

i wasn't trying to start a war i was just asking a question about why he thought that. I don't want to start a long debate.

Also Seaside ruin or Seaside Palace...hmmm.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

It looks sweet. I sort of want to see full playthroughs of levels, but whatever.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Totally a Green hill ripoff.

Anyway, in all seriousness, Seaside Hill I sort of expected to look like that, Spagonia I wasn't, though. And now I'm more excited to play it.

I wonder....

The City Escape trailer teased Rooftop Run and now the trailer with Rooftop Run is teasing a boss.

Boss trailer next?

Anyway, LOVED the trailer. I'm very impressed with Seaside Hill and Rooftop Run. They managed to make Seaside Hill much more of it's own entity rather than a Green Hill throwback and I was doubtful of how much Rooftop Run would change but I'm loving the results!

Little disappointed at the Sonic 2 Death Egg tease, was hoping for S3K Death Egg. Maybe the Death Egg boss will splice the two together, fight one and then the other? I dunno, maybe but doubtful

I wonder why SEGA are being so secretive about the main theme of this game....we've had no samples of theme music whatsoever, very unusual.

Lastly, since when was Classic Tails neon yellow?

Edited by ENVY

i wasn't trying to start a war i was just asking a question about why he thought that. I don't want to start a long debate.

I know, but people starts joining in and then things starts to get really ugly and I feel like pulling my hair out each time. I usually stay out of it but it gets really frustrating.

It is funny. I am the first one to post the youtube video and as soon as Woun gets his upload going, he will get a thousand likes.

Oh and you heard that small voice clip??? ROGER IMPROVED??? I am suprised!

I can't really tell from a few voice clips, hopefully they'll release a cutscene from the game soon.

Edited by SuperClassic

Rooftop run will always feel like a wasted space as it might as well have been DLC for unleashed.

Even though I prefer the classics, classic sonic's gameplay looks dull. Chemical plant still looks cool, seaside hill however, even though it looking visually impressive, has no place in the list.

They really outdone themselves with bringing back 3 years old gameplay that's not gonna feel varied to what we got back then. An impressive stage list could have forgivine that decision to a great degree, sadly that's not going to be the case. Add in that classic sonic gameplay is awfully emulated, and yes we have an average game.

It's no biggy, average is all we need

Edited by Jaouad

Oh and you heard that small voice clip??? ROGER IMPROVED??? I am suprised!

'Improved'? Hm, not sure. I liked Roger's deeper Sonic- it separated him from our previous one, Griffith, who was all over the place with his "WoOOAaaaaAAUUuugh"s.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Generations: Thrilling Hallway Adventure.

Unfortunately I've still yet to see anything that excites me, but I didn't really expect it from a fast-cut trailer like this. Game continues to look pretty, but not much else.

Diogenes, you know that I respect you and you know that I've never attacked you for your views, but does this game absolutely have to be everything you want to be enjoyable?

I expected this kind of attitude out of Phos.

• Thumbs Up 2

i wasn't trying to start a war i was just asking a question about why he thought that.
I have prepared a visual explanation.

And just so there's no more confusion: I know the whole game isn't like this. I know other areas are more complex. I'm still disappointed to see this.

edit:

Diogenes, you know that I respect you and you know that I've never attacked you for your views, but does this game absolutely have to be everything you want to be enjoyable?
No, but it needs to do some things right. The only part of the trailer that looked good (as far as gameplay) was the quickstep section in Seaside Hill, since there's another path below it, but considering how modern Sonic plays...well, it's not much better than Jungle Joyride's docks. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder....

The City Escape trailer teased Rooftop Run and now the trailer with Rooftop Run is teasing a boss.

Boss trailer next?

As much as I dont want for them to relase boss trailers maybe we will see trailer about 2 other Rivals and one Boss at TGS!

Oh and lets do a recap so the stages we havent seen yet are Sonic 3&K stage, SA1 stage and 06 stage. Kepping best levels for last trailer huh SEGA ;)

I know spoilers but I dont want to spoil people and spoiled guys know what I mean.

That was a fast-cut trailer.

0:17 I wonder if you walk and all that architechture. And it's pretty, most likely water running will be there when water is there the same Adabat was, and if you look closely there are stair-ups that go underwater. Let's hope.

0:20 Looks like the same drifting section but a bit better to control.

0:22 Again same section, tough you can see the camera is a at a bit better angle. Also a Helicopter thing is throwing the Barrels, previously they just came out of Walls.

0:23 some nice use of 3D and 2D looks like the same ruin that was in the first cut of Ocean Pala- I mean Seaside Hill. Some major alt. routes.

0:22 Looks a bit barren, 3d doesn't look too nice overall for Chemical Plant, altough it is just pure rush to go through a recreated stage of frikking chemical plant.

0:24 You can tell the Graphics are good, if you can't make out if it's CGI or Ingame at first glance. Also is the sky at 0:25 a bit dark?

0:29 HOLY CRAP, that is at even bigger scale than the Unleashed version. Looks almost like Act 5 which sadly not many got to see since it was shitty DLC. And you see it shorter too, the Baloons are a cool addition, makes it more colorful.

0:37 The 2d Versions of Seaside and Spagonia look OK...nothing to gawk at. Seems like there some re-used stuff for Spagonia, not totally new SEGA!

0:53 Looks cool, added a bit more true 3d-dimensional stuff to an already 3d stage like City Escape

0:56 isn't that the beggining part of Seaside Hill?

1:01 Classic Tails reminds me of Baby Kitten.

Edited by ChikaBoing

With about three more months to go, I would hope they release a boss trailer or merely another CG trailer- something to distract from the level reveals.

I have prepared a visual explanation.

And just so there's no more confusion: I know the whole game isn't like this. I know other areas are more complex. I'm still disappointed to see this.

If we number them left to right, top to bottom, 3 and 4 have things to sidestep and/ or jump over.

The way I see it, straight areas are there to give you a greater sense of 'shit this is fast'. And also, straight areas in Unleashed were usually only trouble free for brief periods, with you being attacked by those flying green things, or that big one with the arms. Given how similar this is in design to Unleashed, it's not hard to imagine what the rest will be like. Besides, all we had were fleeting glimpses of those straight sections.

And hey, if you like your hallways WITHOUT the boost, just don't hold boost. /obvioustrolling

@ChikaBoing At 1:01, don't you mean 4 tails? *shot*

• Thumbs Up 1