Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

It was a great trailer no doubt but I did not feel excited while watching it. I really think the music killed the mood for me. I mean I've heard that song in *counts trailers* at least 3 different sonic trailers. I think we need the official theme now. Yeah we are still like 2 1/2 months away from release but I mean Colours and Unleashed showed both off pretty early. Why not Generations SEGA.

As for SSH, glad we got ruins footage but that narrow path was not what I was expecting. If anything it seems like SSH will be a harder stage in the game compared to CPZ GHZ and CE. As for RTR, BEST PART OF THE TRAILER. The clock roller coaster drop (that's what I'm calling it bitches) with balloons really set it off for me. And then see Classic and modern duo was a nice addition. Egg Robo at the end was VERY RANDOM but it may be a hint to what is coming next.

The only part of the trailer that looked good (as far as gameplay) was the quickstep section in Seaside Hill, since there's another path below it, but considering how modern Sonic plays...well, it's not much better than Jungle Joyride's docks.
Edited by Eternal X

I have prepared a visual explanation.

And just so there's no more confusion: I know the whole game isn't like this. I know other areas are more complex. I'm still disappointed to see this.

edit:

No, but it needs to do some things right. The only part of the trailer that looked good (as far as gameplay) was the quickstep section in Seaside Hill, since there's another path below it, but considering how modern Sonic plays...well, it's not much better than Jungle Joyride's docks.

• Thumbs Up 9

I still wish they made better stage picks (or at the very least picked a single Sonic 3 stage), but it's kinda hard to stay mad after seeing a trailer like that. I seriously though things couldn't look better after seeing Chemical Plant....then I saw Rooftop Run. Dayum.

As bitter as I still am, consider me sold.

If we number them left to right, top to bottom, 3 and 4 have things to sidestep and/ or jump over.

And also, straight areas in Unleashed were usually only trouble free for brief periods, with you being attacked by those flying green things, or that big one with the arms.

No, but it needs to do some things right. The only part of the trailer that looked good (as far as gameplay) was the quickstep section in Seaside Hill, since there's another path below it, but considering how modern Sonic plays...well, it's not much better than Jungle Joyride's docks.

Can it be that the clip from the egg robot is from a cutscene from the game?

GiantMech.png

I wonder if the Giant Mech boss at the end hints to what will be released next?

Classic and modern Eggman art with new boss trailer? For all the sweet love, I hope so.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 2

THIS is why I've been staying out of the Sonic games section for the past couple of months. If someone feels negatively towards a Sonic game, especially an upcoming one which everyone is hyping, then they get 'attacked' with a bunch of details about why this point or that point may be changed, isn't the majority of the game and other excuses. They are also forced to explain themselves in great detail and I just don't think it's right. I respect there are a lot of people here very excited for the game, but people with negative views are also entitled to their say and deserve just as much respect.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having watched the trailer my mouth is open with slobber. Bit sad we heard the same music again. I mean, yeesh at least they used different music in City Escape's. Gotta wait till the Japanese version is put up eventually to hear some real music, like City Escape's. Kinda sad about that Sonic 2 boss being in it again. How many times is that now? 3? Maybe it'll have different phases and turn into the one from Sonic & Knuckles (The one at the end of Doomsday). Bring on the boss trailer!

I don't blame you Shadzter. This whole year with Generations is really getting out of hand. Fans attacking fans because of different opinions. I mean damn it's just an opinion. And I'm opposite of you. As much as I loved (past tense) my classic games, I love the 3D modern style more. I love the speed and stuff. I'm not ready for the Unleashed style to change but it could use more tweaking.

And can everyone stop attacking Dio. His opinion. Let him speak. If you don't like it then ignore it and move on to the next post. That is the reason why you can scroll up and down on a page.

(not BS modding just stating my side and how I feel)

it would if they didn't bring up the same complaints every time
Edited by Eternal X
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please, please tell me that the robot at the end is Egg Robo from Sonic & Knuckles.

...and insult the people who do by calling it simple or too easy or too unfair or all of this at once.
  • Thumbs Up 1