Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

This is likely me just jumping to conclusions, but will they make the Shadow fight the cutscene fight against him after you defeat Big Foot? I ask this because in the big-ass res screen, you see a city in the reflection of his eyes (along with surprisingly details look at the palm of his hand and shoes).

Edited by MarcelloF

I hoe not. Not being on the Ark would be extremely disappointing and stupid of SEGA.

Although, I can't see the fight not being on the Ark. I'm guessing they just took some random picture for the backdrop. And MS is in his original area.

The strange thing is though it doesn't look like a random pic, in fact excuse me for saying this, but it looks a LOT like the city from Shadow the Hedgehog, like when Shadow walks under the moon in the CG opening... Likely just coincidence but...

This is likely me just jumping to conclusions, but will they make the Shadow fight the cutscene fight against him after you defeat Big Foot? I ask this because in the big-ass res screen, you see a city in the reflection of his eyes (along with surprisingly details look at the palm of his hand and shoes).

Only shape I can see in his eyes reflection is either his hand or shoe. I dont see City.

I would think they'd choose either the Ark or Green Forest. Don't read too much into the buildings in the reflection- they use stock images to detail EVERYTHING, and we've never had Metal Sonic in a car park despite what his renders would imply.

Only shape I can see in his eyes reflection is either his hand or shoe. I dont see City.

The shapes of buildings and skyscrapers past his hand.

Actually, while I think it'll be the SA2 battle as well, I don't think anyone considered the battle could take place during the Shadow the Hedgehog time frame... I mean, the battle against Metal Sonic is in the CD time frame, so it's not out of the question...

I would think they'd choose either the Ark or Green Forest. Don't read too much into the buildings in the reflection- they use stock images to detail EVERYTHING, and we've never had Metal Sonic in a car park despite what his renders would imply.

And this is the reason I was saying reading into it, as I know often in past renders the reflection has nothing to do with anything. But the reflection here is a bit different, like they put uber detail into the reflection to even reflect his foot, arm, some cement flooring, and some skyscrapers in the background which is why it caught my eye. Metal Sonic has something similar in reflection, but I will be honest I don't recall what his reflection showed.

EDIT: Just looked at High-Res Metal, and it didn't reflect anything but his own body. No background reflections, though.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Actually, while I think it'll be the SA2 battle as well, I don't think anyone considered the battle could take place during the Shadow the Hedgehog time frame... I mean, the battle against Metal Sonic is in the CD time frame, so it's not out of the question...

And this is the reason I was saying reading into it, as I know often in past renders the reflection has nothing to do with anything. But the reflection here is a bit different, like they put uber detail into the reflection to even reflect his foot, arm, some cement flooring, and some skyscrapers in the background which is why it caught my eye.

Well, not really.

Metal is the rival for the classic era, the boss being Death Egg Robo. Shadow is the rival for the Dreamcast/Adventure era, with Perfect Chaos being the boss and Silver is the rival for the modern era, with Egg Dragoon as the boss.

. It could take place at a different point in time, but that doesn't really seem likely. The only other option would be during ShTH, and that doesn't make sense.

And this is absolutely no more detail than usual. It's just more noticeable because of angles and lighting effects. It looks cool to make things shiny.

It's been 11 years since SA2, Shadow is showing us why he is the king of hedgehog badasses.

Edited by Chaos Nightmare Moon

I thought I'd mess about with the contrast of the image to see if it is just a stock image. It's not all that clear but it looks like a bunch of mountains and waterfall to me:

shadow1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

It's almost Kingdom Valley-esque, lol.

Edited by Lungo

Well, not really.

Metal is the rival for the classic era, the boss being Death Egg Robo. Shadow is the rival for the Dreamcast/Adventure era, with Perfect Chaos being the boss and Silver is the rival for the modern era, with Egg Dragoon as the boss.

. It could take place at a different point in time, but that doesn't really seem likely. The only other option would be during ShTH, and that doesn't make sense.

And this is absolutely no more detail than usual. It's just more noticeable because of angles and lighting effects. It looks cool to make things shiny.

It's more detailed in the sense the Generations Metal Sonic reflection didn't reflect anything except his own limbs. And I will say again, I honestly do think it will be the SA2 fight against Shadow, but then before Metal sonic was revealed people thought it was going to be the Sky Sanctuary Mecha Sonic battle, and Sonic does fight Shadows in ShTH twice, meets up with him a few times and their together during a few stages in the game, and there is a non-canon representation of Sonic losing to Shadow in the opening CG. I am not saying I personally believe the battle will take place in Shadow the Hedgehog timeline, I just am throwing variable I am betting most people haven't considered, especially since ShTH is part of the Adventure era of Sonic, directly continuing Shadow's story from Adventure 2 & Heroes. Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog all have ties together that would all link them to be in the same era, and like how Sonic CD gets representation during the Metal Sonic rival battle, it is not out of the question here.

I do hope it's his Ark battle, though.

It's more detailed in the sense the Generations Metal Sonic reflection didn't reflect anything except his own limbs. And I will say again, I honestly do think it will be the SA2 fight against Shadow, but then before Metal sonic was revealed people thought it was going to be the Sky Sanctuary Mecha Sonic battle, and Sonic does fight Shadows in ShTH twice, meets up with him a few times and their together during a few stages in the game, and there is a non-canon representation of Sonic losing to Shadow in the opening CG. I am not saying I personally believe the battle will take place in Shadow the Hedgehog timeline, I just am throwing variable I am betting most people haven't considered, especially since ShTH is part of the Adventure era of Sonic, directly continuing Shadow's story from Adventure 2 & Heroes. Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog all have ties together that would all link them to be in the same era, and like how Sonic CD gets representation during the Metal Sonic rival battle, it is not out of the question here.

I do hope it's his Ark battle, though.

I doubt they would use a stage from ShTH because it's a spin-off. The mostly likely guess would be on the Ark since its the most memorable one.

I thought I'd mess about with the contrast of the image to see if it is just a stock image. It's not all that clear but it looks like a bunch of mountains and waterfall to me:

shadow1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

Thanks for that. As I said, it could be anything, but it reminds me of how the buildings were shaped in the CG sequences of Shadow the Hedgehog, which was Tall, cluttered, and pointy.

LeoSantos_Shadow_01.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1257646030459

I could go out of my way to post more detailed screens, but their all over in the opening CG alone so could watch that to judge if I'm just seeing things or have a point. City Escape doesn't have those type of structures, and with that the reflection might as well have nothing to do with anything for as much as we know. I guess in this situation I might be playing Devil's advocate as there's no way to say it's not a possibility, even if my hopes are on the Ark battle.

I doubt they would use a stage from ShTH because it's a spin-off. The mostly likely guess would be on the Ark since its the most memorable one.

But Shadow the Hedgehog is a canon spin-off and the thing that featured Shadow the most prominently, just like how Sonic CD featured Metal Sonic the most prominent. And Sonic CD is about as spin-offy as Shadow, in terms of story in my eyes, at least.

Edited by Dusk Golem

But Shadow the Hedgehog is a canon spin-off and the thing that featured Shadow the most prominently, just like how Sonic CD featured Metal Sonic the most prominent. And Sonic CD is about as spin-offy as Shadow, in terms of story in my eyes, at least.

I see where you're coming from. When the fight with Metal was revealed to 100% take place in Stardust Speedway, and thus giving us CD representation, I wondered if they might use Shadow's battle to represent the self-titled game. It means more games get recognition. Like you though, I really do hope it's the Ark battle.

shadowandmetalsonicaret.png

THAT IS THE JOKE. I AM HERE ALL WEEK

Oh haha! Look how similar their poses are! We just need a third rival/character boss to go in the middle with both their arms up, like when Shadow uses Chaos Blast.

Oh haha! Look how similar their poses are! We just need a third rival/character boss to go in the middle with both their arms up, like when Shadow uses Chaos Blast.

We just need a render of this guy:

eggman.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah but recently CD was just squeezed into the canon thanks to sonic 4 and it makes sense that Metal is there with his stage he is most prominently known for. Shadow on the other hand is connected to SA2 but really that's it. It would seem very random for them to put a stage from shadow's game because it has little relevance to generations.

Tune in now for "Marcello is a whiner"!

Shadow's black fur looks like it's made of clay and someone carved into it. But I have this problem with most Sonic renders nowadays.

The middle red stripe looks like someone pasted in on him.

His gloves look like casts. Again a complaint I have with most Sonic renders.

His chest fur looks like feathers... But... I kind of like that..

That's it on "Marcello is a whiner" for today! Have a nice night!

shadowandmetalsonicaret.png

THAT IS THE JOKE. I AM HERE ALL WEEK

I like how they're reaching out for each other.

Yeah but recently CD was just squeezed into the canon thanks to sonic 4 and it makes sense that Metal is there with his stage he is most prominently known for. Shadow on the other hand is connected to SA2 but really that's it. It would seem very random for them to put a stage from shadow's game because it has little relevance to generations.

I will correct you on three things, Shadows is actually fairly important to the canon in terms of Shadow. It not only is connected to SA2, but also to SA1, SH, and Next-Gen. It caries over Eggman's Fleet and Shadow Androids from Heroes, it solved the Shadow-GUN rivalship and made way for Shadow to become a GUN agent as he is currently first seen in Sonic Next-Gen, and there are references to Gerald's intentions and research and the discovery and reason behind Artificial Chaos and Chaos Drives in Sonic Adventure 2, which is linked to Sonic Adventure 1.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Tune in now for "Marcello is a whiner"!

Shadow's black fur looks like it's made of clay and someone carved into it. But I have this problem with most Sonic renders nowadays.

The middle red stripe looks like someone pasted in on him.

His gloves look like casts. Again a complaint I have with most Sonic renders.

His chest fur looks like feathers... But... I kind of like that..

That's it on "Marcello is a whiner" for today! Have a nice night!

I've got to agree. The detailing is far stronger than it should be, and looks especially bad around the tip of this centre highlight.