Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

I will correct you on three things, Shadows is actually fairly important to the canon in terms of Shadow. It not only is connected to SA2, but also to SA1, SH, and Next-Gen. It caries over Eggman's Fleet and Shadow Androids from Heroes, it solved the Shadow-GUN rivalship and made way for Shadow to become a GUN agent as he is currently first seen in Sonic Next-Gen, and there are references to Gerald's intentions and research and the discovery and reason behind Artificial Chaos and Chaos Drives in Sonic Adventure 2, which is linked to Sonic Adventure 1.

I'm not saying it didn't I agree but it has no relevance to Sonic's 20th. What your talking about is just story arc but it has no place in generations.

Edited by CapBusta

I'm not saying it didn't I agree but it has no relevance to Sonic's 20th. What your talking about is just story arc but it has no place in generations.

Well, actually according to the people behind Generations, Sonic Generations is a celebratory of all of Sonic's history, and that includes the history of his friends and foes, but I understand what you're trying to say.

I thought I'd mess about with the contrast of the image to see if it is just a stock image. It's not all that clear but it looks like a bunch of mountains and waterfall to me:

shadow1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

It's almost Kingdom Valley-esque, lol.

Couldn't it be Green Forest?

Don't read anything into the eye reflection, they always put an image in there, it's just for realism, it doesn't actually mean anything. Look at any of the recent CGI pictures where there's an eye reflection and you'll be able to spot some sort of landscape.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't read anything into the eye reflection, they always put an image in there, it's just for realism, it doesn't actually mean anything. Look at any of the recent CGI pictures where there's an eye reflection and you'll be able to spot some sort of landscape.

Thank you. Nice to see someone not making a conspiracy out of everything.

Couldn't it be Green Forest?

It's more than likely just a stock image at the end of the day. I just couldn't make a lot out and wanted to see what DG meant.

I actually wouldn't mind a shadow the hedgehog reference, but is very unlikely.

The max we could get is if the battle is in the ark, we can get a cameo of some part of the ark levels from shadow the hedgehog.

Can't say I like the new Shadow art. Shadow is indeed great, but this particular art piece is just uninspiring.

image060copy.jpg

Well, lately almost all new art pieces are uninspiring and characters don't look lively. I'm glad that at least on Sonic Channel there appear some awesome art pieces this year.

Edited by ArtFenix

I'm glad that Shadow actually looks threatening now, and I look forward to the renewal of the rivalry between him and Sonic. I just hope Kirk Thornton doesn't turn up drunk/horny like he did for Free Riders.

I'm glad that Shadow actually looks threatening now, and I look forward to the renewal of the rivalry between him and Sonic. I just hope Kirk Thornton doesn't turn up drunk/horny like he did for Free Riders.

I can now see a scene with Shadow inspecting Classic Sonic in a remotely gay manner

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm... not impressed with his render, in all honesty. You guys are saying how 'furious' he looks, but... I'm not seeing it. There's no tension in the eyes, no motion in the body. He just looks like he turned up for the photo shoot, and couldn't be completely bothered. Y'know?

He actually look a little more surprised to me, than angry.

I'm... not impressed with his render, in all honesty. You guys are saying how 'furious' he looks, but... I'm not seeing it. There's no tension in the eyes, no motion in the body. He just looks like he turned up for the photo shoot, and couldn't be completely bothered. Y'know?

He actually look a little more surprised to me, than angry.

I felt the same way when I first saw it, honestly I can't see the life in the picture, it just seems so bland to me

I must agree...this is defiantly one of his "less than stellar shots". I feel nothing for this CG render...hopefully his in game Model looks better.

To be honest the CG shots for Generations are a tad mediocre from what I seen so far if you ask me.

Edited by Voyant

It's just a render, guys. They quite often look rubbish.

Yes, but some of the Sonic Channel Artwork is awesome this year, while this is just..meh.

I wish they'd use more 2D artwork as opposed to 3D/.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I like the new Shadow art. Shadow is indeed great, but this particular art piece is just uninspiring.

*Image*

Well, lately almost all new art pieces are uninspiring and characters don't look lively. I'm glad that at least on Sonic Channel there appear some awesome art pieces this year.

I must agree...this is defiantly one of his "less than stellar shots". I feel nothing for this CG render...hopefully his in game Model looks better.

To be honest the CG shots for Generations are a tad mediocre from what I seen so far if you ask me.

Yes i will agree that the shadow art is a bit uninspired and i don't feel anything from it. But Most of this artwork from the game so far is from 2d artwork. If you ask me the classic and modern sonic artworks look great. I like the metal sonic and tails pic's. and eggman i'm alright with. I just wish they gave shadow a more menacing pose. Like one of the SA2 pics.

Yes, but some of the Sonic Channel Artwork is awesome this year, while this is just..meh.

I wish they'd use more 2D artwork as opposed to 3D/.

I LOVE the Sonic channel art! But i think it's because they use more original poses while this....Well nostalgia at it's best. I can't really see them using 2d artwork to be the more dominant art in this game. although i would be fine with seeing some. It to me just makes more sense for 3d artwork. I mean i'm sure they worked somewhat hard on these artworks and i wouldn't call these crap. I mean with tails (both classic and modern) They seem lively. The Sonic's just seem fun looking. Classic seems more determined while modern a bit more cocky.