Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

According to TSSZ (with another "a friend of a friend" type source), Classic Sonic will apparently have the Homing Attack ability in the 3DS version. Whether or not it's unlockable or available from the get-go, is uncertain. Also, the Homing Attack will not be available for Classic Sonic in the Console version. And Emerald Coast (as in, not Neo Green Hill) and Radical Highway are "confirmed" for the 3DS version.

Source:

http://www.tssznews....enerations-3ds/

Oh god. If that Homing Attack isn't optional, the fanboys will RAGE!

Are you guys really buying this friend of a friend of a friend of a friend Bull? until i see some TGS footage i ain't buyin shit. that could've come off /v/ for all we know!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really buy into this HA for Classic Sonic for Generations 3DS and for all we know it could be left over code for the HA from Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1.

Are you guys really buying this friend of a friend of a friend of a friend Bull? until i see some TGS footage i ain't buyin shit. that could've come off /v/ for all we know!

Quoted for the Truth.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Kroft

^ It should be going gold in a few weeks. I mean the game does release at the beginning of November. (Literally)

Holy shit ! Optional homming attack upgrade for Classic Sonic ! How can SEGA fuck up that much !

*sigh*

It's obvious it's an optional upgrade. There's no way in hell Classic Sonic will start with the homming attack.

• Thumbs Up 2

Homing attack for Classic Sonic, eh? That's a pretty interesting move. I can see why it would get on a few people's nerves, but ultimately I don't see why it's such a big deal, especially if it is an optional move. Or, simply, you could just not use it. Unlike Sonic 4, we don't have uncurling this time around, so it's not like you have to use the homing attack to avoid being hit while airborne. Sonic will be rolled up into a ball and be able to smash badniks as per usual. No one will be forcing you to hit that jump button a second time, and heck, if the classic 3DS stages are mostly just rehashes of the original stages anyway, it'll add a new way of playing them so they don't feel quite so similar. Maybe.

I honestly think that, assuming this news is true, it's just a way of catering to the "new" classic fans, i.e. the ones who've got into it with Sonic 4. Technically that is part of the classic era now, so it's not hugely inappropriate. Sure, it's ol' Chubby McBlackEyes who has the move instead of his modern counterpart in the classic setting this time around, but let's not get into that argument again.

• Thumbs Up 5

^ It should be going gold in a few weeks. I mean the game does release at the beginning of November. (Literally)

3DS version comes out later then the console version.

We knew that "It Doesn't Matter" was worked into the Modern remix of City Escape somehow, but not that it would show up during the results screen. I wonder if we'll get anything else like that .

Hogfather you lucky bastard. And thank you for giving us thay really short preview of CE. I knew it would be a greay stage and from from what you said, I have nothing to worry about. How amazing was the CE modern remix?

I'm willing to bet that all that plays during the results screen with S rank is the little bit of guitar that was added to the Modern City Escape Remake that we could already hear during one of the gamescom videos. Though I'd love to be proven wrong, and have a complete remake of "It Doesn't Matter". It'd make sense, since Jun got Ted Poley and (supposedly) Tony Harnell back in the studio to re-record Modern City Escape.

Still, Crush 40's version of Sonic Boom NEEDS to be this game's theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

We knew that "It Doesn't Matter" was worked into the Modern remix of City Escape somehow, but not that it would show up during the results screen. I wonder if we'll get anything else like that .

Edited by SockDrawer
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm willing to bet that all that plays during the results screen with S rank is the little bit of guitar that was added to the Modern City Escape Remake that we could already hear during one of the gamescom videos. Though I'd love to be proven wrong, and have a complete remake of "It Doesn't Matter". It'd make sense, since Jun got Ted Poley and (supposedly) Tony Harnell back in the studio to re-record Modern City Escape.

Still, Crush 40's version of Sonic Boom NEEDS to be this game's theme.

Edited by Lungo

I'm pretty sure they said that performance of Sonic Boom was just for the event of the same name. It was a pretty horrific cover to be honest.