Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Bu-bu-but Night Palace isn't a sandy desert level. :<

But it's probably the most iconic level from secret rings

But there are no dinosaurs.

Ah forgot about Dinosaur Jungle. Well Secret rings was a part of the timeline at E3 plus it was shown during the through the ages trailer. I have a feeling that a secret rings stage will appear in the 3rd version.

And speed isn't mending things.

Also it doesn't answer the big question. Who's Gonna Rock the Place?

*Sigh* So It's come to this...

• Thumbs Up 9

Raping something to death is not showing respect.

As far as I can tell though, Senoue didn't rape Chemical Plant to death. Yeah, the audio quality wasn't brillaint, thanks mainly to the absolutely horrible audio mixing and amp programming. Seriously, didn't they notice that during the rehearsals.

Wow, very, very epic! Tropical Resort.. meh, I still think that's a lame choice to represent Colors for the 3DS version. And it's remix sounds almost identical to the original, so that's a no-go for me. Modern Chemical Plant?

Emerald Coast? Awww, notalgia.. I almost cried hearing that, seriously.. but I swear, if a remix of Windy and Ripply isn't in, I will have an aneurism happy.png

For Modern Chemical Plant... well, it was a nice bass solo... I could barely hear the fucking track. It sounds like the person handling the mixing board was operating it with their ass, all I heard was the bass and organ. Also, the level has plenty of branching paths, but each path DOES seem very linear..

The Seaside Hill gameplay looks really good, and it almost looks like a fusion of Adabat and the Seaside Hill from All-Stars Racing, which really supports my theory that they could be using some assets from that game for this incarnation. Seaside Hill sounds almost the same as the original, but as a guitar freak, I HAVE noticed that Jun has a very different tone on his guitar, and I almost prefer it, it reminds me of the tone he got with Windy and Ripply from Sonic Adventure. And that's definitely my favorite Sonic track of all time.

...until I heard Modern Rooftop Run. Seriously. The original track was epic, don't get me wrong, but this new version is one of the best level themes I've heard in the entire FRANCHISE. It's still just as rocking as the original, but you can definitely hear Jun's touch on this track, with the added piano's in the backdrop. The violin playing also sounds absolutely beautiful, and a lot more organic than it did in the original level. So far, this is my favorite track they played live, I really can't stop listening! It sounds very different from the original track, just like I hoped it would.

...and yeah, that singers the one from Cash Cash, for sure. And now I know why they use auto-tune biggrin.png

Edited by Classic EXshad

Alright.

Modern Chemical Plant: Footage was brilliant, and right at the end - OMG EXPLODING FACTORY. Loving the meltdown!! Sonic Boom's Power Plant Zone, anyone?

Anyway, so even though the audio mixing was terrible, it gave me the idea as what to expect in the game. Loving it!

Modern Seaside Hill: Since the classic versions of the Genesis levels nearly stayed the same, the same thing can be said for modern versions of modern stages. Great job with the Adabatian touch, the transition from Seaside Hill to Ocean Palace was well executed. Music was pretty good.

Modern Rooftop Run: Obviously more platforming bits! Just in daytime minus werehog. Also, whoever said that Generations was gonna be easy, you're wrong. This level looks a bit more complicated than the original - for one, you've got a swinging axe above you while wall jumping. But the music...

Oh sweet, sweet Spaghetti Monster, the music.

It was beautiful..! ;A;

No comment on the rest.

Regarding Tropical Resort: won't it be the final zone in the 3DS version? Does that make any sense? I can understand making Planet Wisp feel climactic, but there's no way they will be able to pull that off with Tropical Resort.

I'm really hoping that this means the final boss will incorporate some sort of zone ala "End of the World."

Regarding Tropical Resort: won't it be the final zone in the 3DS version? Does that make any sense? I can understand making Planet Wisp feel climactic, but there's no way they will be able to pull that off with Tropical Resort.

I'm really hoping that this means the final boss will incorporate some sort of zone ala "End of the World."

They could manage it pretty damn nicely actually if they place it at the moment where It's all on fire and there's Nega Wisp energy flowing around everywhere.

However, unless they heavily remix the music to be much more dark, it won't be very fitting.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Jun just posted this on Facebook.

What I performed at Tokyo Game Show 2011 with Tomoya on bass and Jean Paul Makhlouf on vocals.

1. TROPICAL RESORT from Sonic Colours

2. EMERALD COAST from Sonic Adventure

3. CHEMICAL PLANT from Sonic Generations

4. SEASIDE HILL from Sonic Generations

5. ROOFTOP RUN from Sonic Generations

6. ESCAPE FROM THE CITY from Sonic Generatinos

7. IT DOESN'T MATTER from Sonic Adventure 2

8. REACH FOR THE STARS from Sonic Colours

9. ENDLESS POSSIBILITY from Sonic Unleashed

Had fun smile.png

That wasn't a Tropical Resort Generations remix, it was just the song from Colours.

Edited by ENVY

But, Emerald Coast. We've seen it for 3DS already and he listed as Adventure instead of Generations. And unless I'm crazy it sounded like it had some changes.

But, Emerald Coast. We've seen it for 3DS already and he listed as Adventure instead of Generations. And unless I'm crazy it sounded like it had some changes.

It sounded like the extended version from the OST, which had parts that were cut from the in game version. Still though, I wouldn't be surprised it it was the Generations mix.

We already heard a new version of Tropical Resort in one of the waiting sceens in the official Sega TGS stream. Emerald Coast is comfirmed, although it might not be the Generations mix.

Edited by Neon

I couldn't attend the Ustream because I was tired as fuck, but upon watching the YouTube footage, I'm quite glad I didn't stay up. Not that it was terrible but it's not like it's worth staying up over.

My reaction:

*New CGI and Gameplay footage is shown*

*People are delighted*

*The terribad singing comes in*

*Audience goes wut%20copy.png*

*I go photo-2472.jpg*

No seriously that singing was just embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I reckon I know what the problem was with Jun's Guitar.

After listening to the footage again, I think the bass and the backing track were all directly fed into the camera. However, Jun's guitar either wasn't directly fed into the camera, or the cable that was supposed to be feeding the sound was broken or not connected properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone judging the music 100% off what you just heard is silly and doesn't know this happened last year with Colors/Free Riders and is a live performance, not the pre-recorded one that will be in game. the quality between what was performed last year and the finals were... Very different.

TGS version of the Free Riders Main Theme:

The final:

And that was actually probably the BEST performed song last year.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm still surprised that we haven't heard any form of main theme, yet. We had the freaking ending theme of Colours at TGS, last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

So despite having a vocal Main Theme in 95% of all Sonic games over the last 13 years, instead we're going to have a 19 second chiptune? On the debatably the biggest Sonic game yet? Eh, not seeing it.

Even a few games in the Classic Era used a vocal song for the main theme.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

About Tropical Resort/Emerald Coast:

While those stages may very well be in the 3DS version, I'm pretty sure they were played here for performance purposes, and to promote the two "History of the First Stage" CD's.

EDIT: Also, I'm not the only one who "Squee"'d a bit after seeing an official mention of the Sonic 1 & 2 soundtrack? I haven't seen anyone mention it amidst everything else in the show.

Edited by Mykonos