Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Watched both videos on youtube. It's really disappointing that the sound levels are so messed up; more than anything else I wanted to hear Jun, and you could barely make him out among the pumped-in music and EXTRA BIGASS BASS. However, I'm really excited about Rooftop Run now; even with the bad quality, yo can tell its going to be something special in the final version. Hell, same as EVERY song they played today.

The singer was laughably bad though. I literally laughed within 10 seconds of Escape from the City, when his voice devolved into a whisper during the chorus. I swear, I can sing as good as this guy... and that's not something I'm proud of. At least he got... better? After Escape from the City. Endless Possibilities sounded almost listenable.

The new footage of Seaside Hill and Rooftop was also appreciate, but hard to focus on due to the quality of the stream. Overall, I'm VERY glad I didn't bother staying up to see this live. It certainly has me hyped for the music in Generations! Just... not in the way I think they wanted me to be. I need some finalized recordings to get the taste of JP out of my mouth... oh god that sounds so wrong.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

So despite having a vocal Main Theme in 95% of all Sonic games over the last 13 years, instead we're going to have a 19 second chiptune? On the debatably the biggest Sonic game yet? Eh, not seeing it.

That's because the games that had Vocal Main themes were Modern Sonic games that didn't try to be like the Classics. However this game is two-sided in one that it's Classic everything(and is the whole novelty factor of it). And it just fits, no matter how you turn it, most people recognize it.

That's because the games that had Vocal Main themes were Modern Sonic games that didn't try to be like the Classics. However this game is two-sided in one that it's Classic everything(and is the whole novelty factor of it). And it just fits, no matter how you turn it, most people recognize it.

Edited my other post to add this. Even a few games in the Classic Era used a vocal song for the main theme.

Edited by Neon

I will never ba able to listen to Reach for the Stars, Endless Possibilities, City Escape (Classic), or It Doesn't matter in the same way ever again, the voice will always be right there

Tropical Resort nor Emerald Coast really sound like remixes imo

Seaside Hill is lovely, though it sounds more like a Classic track

Rooftop Run is absolutely gorgeous

and the bass in Chemical Plant Modern kinda ruined it for me

Edited my other post to add this. Even a few games in the Classic Era used a vocal song for the main theme.

Sonic CD, but that was exception to show of the SEGA CD's capabilities. And it's not that recognizable to the Masses either.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my God the singing, the singing! Dude sounded like he was having a Megadrive being shoved up his rectum. But I must say this really wasn't worth staying up for.

Sonic CD, but that was exception to show of the SEGA CD's capabilities. And it's not that recognizable to the Masses either.

Don't forget Sonic R. And I believe Sonic 3D Blast for Saturn had a vocal song as well, but I don't know if it could be considered the theme.

I really want Sonic Boom to be the theme of this game. There's no reason it shouldn't be played while the credits are rolling, at the very least.

Why do they always get someone who can't sing as a replacement? I know that they can't get the original singers to perform the songs all the time but at least they can find someone who doesn't sound completely horrible on stage.

It'd be cool if at the title screen the theme that plays changes as you progress through the game, like at first it's a quick jingle like in Sonic 1, but eventually progresses into rocky Crush 40 theme by the end of the Adventure era, and finally an orchestrated masterpiece around the time you fight the time eater. Also with the option to change between them somewhere

New Rooftop Run if anyone wants to hear it on its own:

Simply awesome! biggrin.png

THIS! biggrin.png

Oh and on the topic of a main vocal theme this time around, I really don't see why they wouldn't have one... All of the CD quality capable sound classic Sonic games had main vocal themes, so why can't this game?

-Sonic CD --> Sonic Boom / You Can Do Anything

-Sonic R --> Sup Sonic Racing

-Sonic 3D (Saturn) --> Idk what it was called, but it had vocals...

I'd be disappointing if they didn't have some sort of vocal theme... :-/

EDIT: Oh, what the crap?! Why was this post all jacked up?

Edited by Wooly-san

I really just think the theme is going to be a remix, either Crush 40's take on Sonic Boom, or of Live and Learn, since a remix of that song popped up in the "Through the Years" trailer and all. We'll see though.

You know what I think, this is going to become a tradition. Every year at tgs a sonic music performance will be held where new songs are showcased with a bad singer! XD

But on a serious note, I am disappointed that we haven't heard a main vocal theme yet (yes, I think there will be one). Modern chemical plant and rooftop run were amazing (even though the sound quality wasn't) but to be about a month away from the games release and to have not heard ANY of the main theme yet... its just astounding. Besides, what sonic game in recent history hasn't had one. Its just wouldn't make sense to give this mother of all sonic games the 19 sec sonic 1 opener as the ENTIRE theme. How are they going to remix that into cut scenes and orchestrate it into the final boss theme. Not to mention fill the end credits with...

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do they always get someone who can't sing as a replacement? I know that they can't get the original singers to perform the songs all the time but at least they can find someone who doesn't sound completely horrible on stage.

Here's the twist:

The singer WAS the guy who sings "Reach for the stars" and "Speak with your heart."

I'll let that sink in for a minute. I was surprised too..

Don't forget Sonic R. And I believe Sonic 3D Blast for Saturn had a vocal song as well, but I don't know if it could be considered the theme.

I really want Sonic Boom to be the theme of this game. There's no reason it shouldn't be played while the credits are rolling, at the very least.

There will be a Vocal Theme, but not as a Main Theme.

There has to be a vocal theme. I think sega just wants to surprise us. Also, am I the only person who starts thinking of Charlie Brown when I hear the piano part of the Spagonia Remix?

There will be a Vocal Theme, but not as a Main Theme.

All of my butthurt.

foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've mentioned this several times already, but I asked Jun directly at SOS whether he could tell me if Generations would feature any new C40 songs, and he said "Unfortunately...maybe not."

Again, I don't know if that means there wouldn't be any, or he just couldn't tell me. But my hopes for an original main vocal theme - coupled with the lack of any new theme in the Generations trailers with under two months until release - have deteriorated greatly since then.

I've mentioned this several times already, but I asked Jun directly at SOS whether he could tell me if Generations would feature any new C40 songs, and he said "Unfortunately...maybe not."

Again, I don't know if that means there wouldn't be any, or he just couldn't tell me. But my hopes for an original main vocal theme - coupled with the lack of any new theme in the Generations trailers with under two months until release - have deteriorated greatly since then.

Although Johnny Gioeli did say last year in an interview that Crush 40 were working on music for a new game in 2011.

Next year, 2011, we’re doing a big game, brand new game together, it’s very quiet, shhhh, can’t tell anybody.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/06/14/crush-40-interview-affirms-work-underway-on-2011-sonic/

Allow me to be selfish at this point and hope that Jun is the main music guy for the next Sonic game then to make up for this then. :F

No I'm not letting this go. And for the 30th anniversary I hope we get 10 whole seconds of a stick hitting a rock caveman style. It's gonna be EPIC man. EPIC. *starts the 10 year wait*

tumblr_lqu14fBg1z1qh1km4.jpg

rawr.

Edited by Inferno

The music was amazing...but DAMN those 3D parts of the Modern footage we saw...you see how BIG those enviorments are? WOW! Its like I am seeing Sonic Adventure all over again that's good enough for me man.

• Thumbs Up 2