Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

I think it's Modern remix cause Jun seems to really rocking out there but we can't hear at all his guitar. At least that's what i think.

laugh.png

I thought the classic remixes weren't done by senoue but by other composers? *watches afwul city escape performance*

Wait, sans city escape i think

Edited by Jaouad

Those were all Modern, since all the footage corresponded with where the songs were from. For example, for the Classic "Escape from the City" that was vocally raped by Mr. I'll Make it Through Poo, it showed Classic gameplay. For Chemical Plant, Seaside Hill, and Rooftop Run, it showed Modern gameplay from Generations. As for Emerald Coast, it showed gameplay from Sonic Adventure, thus why that performance might not have been of the Generations mix of the song.

Again, I love all the music, my only gripe is that Seaside Hill DOES sound a bit too "sameish", I was really hoping for a faster beat, at least.

After hearing Rooftop Run's remix, who's even more exited to hear Planet Wisp's remix?

I'm more scared than anything. Planet Wisp was amazing with the piano and bass and barely any guitar. If it has a guitar in it for the majority, I will scream. And I agree with Inferno on Rooftop Run. It lacks the energy of the original mix.

Well I hope for Live and Learn Remix to play durning Final Battle.

Edited by HUNTER297

Well, City Escape isn't actually being performed by Jun Senoue at all, it seems that he just likes to cover the classic mix with his guitar, since he was involved in producing the original. The song is actually performed entirely by Cash Cash.

...with some auto-tune in there, to save us from, well.... yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyF_mi3ndI0

There's actually no auto-tuning until the later in the song, so I don't know what's up with the live performance.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's still different singers. Cash Cash remixed City Escape to make the Classic version. Tony still sings it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Are we really judging the energy from a live performance with obvious sound issues?

I'm sure it'll be better in the final guys. Heck, Rooftop Run probably has some of the most energetic music in the series, I'd doubt they'd just remove that vibe. tongue.png

EDIT: ...late.

Edited by Mykonos

The best part these are most likely the non boost version of the songs....the Boost version will be remixes of the remixes at faster tempo...can't wait.

*videos

This is why Autotune is a horrible device. It allows guys like this to have a music career when they have no business with one. Holy SLAG that was HILARIOUSLY awful

• Thumbs Up 7

Shame they're going to drown out the boost songs with the whitenoise shit they've kept from Unleashed and Colors. Possibly one of the worst things about Unleashed that they managed to keep. :/

This is why Autotune is a horrible device. It allows guys like this to have a music career when they have no business with one. Holy SLAG that was HILARIOUSLY awful

Kinda have to agree here. I have no problem with a person using Autotune for a cool little effect if they can already sing, and I must admit that unlike the rest of the world I like how it sounds in songs, but if the person using it can't actually sing well, it almost feels like their "cheating" in a way. Especially when they can earn a living off using it.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

Shame they're going to drown out the boost songs with the whitenoise shit they've kept from Unleashed and Colors. Possibly one of the worst things about Unleashed that they managed to keep. :/

I'm sure the gamerip will bring out their clear quality it did so for the demo. i wouldn't worry tiller.

Here's the twist:

The singer WAS the guy who sings "Reach for the stars" and "Speak with your heart."

I'll let that sink in for a minute. I was surprised too..

Wait...so let me get it straight. THAT guy who is singing that is from Cash Cash who also sings Reach for the Stars and Speak with your Heart?? huh.png

Edited by sonfan1984

Wait...so that guy who is singing that is from Cash Cash who also sings Reach for the Stars and Speak with your Heart??

Yes, he's the guy from Cash Cash who sings Reach for the Stars and Speak with your Heart.

His voice is nakeded~ free from the confines of autotune, listen to it's beauty. 8DDDDDD

Edited by Inferno

Yes, he's the guy from Cash Cash who sings Reach for the Stars and Speak with your Heart.

His voice is nakeded~

No wonder he sings in auto-tune cause without it he sounds completely awful. ohmy.png But if you're already a great singer then you don't really need it.

Edited by sonfan1984

It depends on how it's done. Songs like 'Reach for the Stars' and 'Speak With Your Heart' are produced in such a way that the autotune is vital to their style. When it's used solely to make people sound good cause otherwise they're shite (see the performance we're talking about), then the singer gets totally undeserved credit. The members of Cash Cash though are really good at producing music and if they really can't sing, the autotune works with the synthy pop style they seem to do really well.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

After watching the stream, I have one thing to say. Where the hell is my katana and gun. Oh my freaking gosh I need to eliminate that singer. He basically killed the show for me. NEVER again should he be allowed to sing withouth AUTOTUNE. Except that, Chem plant, SSH and RTR looked pretty good. Hell what am I saying I'm thinking about taking Chem plant instead of Sky Sanctuary in that tourney coming up.

DAT PLANT, DAT CITY, DAT BEACH & RUINS. wub.png

Refer to my sig for my reaction about the snippets of the levels we were shown. The music, Ehhhh that bass made it hard for me to enjoy.

Edited by Eternal X

Refer to my sig for my reaction about the snippets of the levels we were shown.

That was me...until the singing started.

At that moment the rainbows receded back inside me from whence they came.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was me...until the singing started.

At that moment the rainbows receded back inside me from whence they came.

Dude...

That must've hurt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Played the Green Hill Zone and City Escape Sonic Generations demos in Classic and Modern on Xbox 360 at GAMEfest earlier today. I forgot to play the 3DS version laugh.png I don't know how, I just did. Also played Beach Volleyball on the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Anyway, W...T...F... SEGA? Modern Sonic controls much much MUCH better than in Unleashed and Colours Wii!!! blink.png The controls are vastly improved, the drifting is tighter and Sonic feels looser and able to move around more freely. Moves like the homing attack and the stomp feel better, too.

I can't believe I actually enjoyed Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations after I disliked the gameplay in Unleashed and Colours Wii... wacko.png

Now, I'm really excited for the console version too!

SEGA and Sonic Team...

i,love,you,ily,puppy,sign,writing,iunknown,reality-ca91eb22e0a066fba183702104b71c96_h.jpg

SHADZTER HAS BEEN CONVERTED!!!! LOL.

That's very good to hear, now IGN or anyone else can't say " BAWWWW, WHEN I PRESS THE A BUTTON HE AUTOMATICALLY JUMPS OFF A CLIFF...IT'S THE GAMES FAULT!!!"

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1