Awoo.

My reviews of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog

T-Min

Heroes is unpolished. I loved it as kid but now I just cant play it (PS2 ver. GC one is okay). But giving 2/10 for Shadow??????? This game is good. Better than 06 by a mile I would give it at least 6.5-7/10. You can avoid guns and it features a lot of replayability. Story was nice I dont know why people bash it. At least it didnt have plotholes.

Edited by SuperClassic

I have Sonic Heroes on the PS2 (I don't see why people say the PS2 version is so bad, but maybe that's because I have only played it on the PS2), and I agree. TBH, I think it's an okay game. I'd give it a 6 out of 10, but I do agree that it was the game that started the downfall of the series.

Like you said, the grinding mechanics sucked, the large loops can be frustrating, the camera control is even worse than the Adventure series, the bosses weren't that fun, etc. Also, while I do like the Chaotix, I don't think they should have had them in this game, unless they made the item-searching fun and open-ended like the treasure hunting stages in SA1 and 2.

Heroes is unpolished. I loved it as kid but now I just cant play it (PS2 ver. GC one is okay). But giving 2/10 for Shadow??????? This game is good. Better than 06 by a mile I would give it at least 6.5-7/10. You can avoid guns and it features a lot of replayability. Story was nice I dont know why people bash it. At least it didnt have plotholes.

I gave it a 2/10 because opinions.

Also, did you read my review or just look at my score and raeg? (No offense) I mentioned in my review that I thought Shadow DID have plotholes - a lot of them.

-“Glowing sword in hand, the hedgehog skated along a lubricated street. With the absence of friction I needed make several passes to successfully kill motionless soldier patiently waiting for me to impale him as if he was in line at Starbucks. I had twenty more customers to meet quota”

Dissident's right, but this made my day nonetheless.

I gave it a 2/10 because opinions.

Also, did you read my review or just look at my score and raeg? (No offense) I mentioned in my review that I thought Shadow DID have plotholes - a lot of them.

Dissident's right, but this made my day nonetheless.

You should probably ditch the 1 to 10 scale, I'm pretty sure you saw how pissy some people on a certain other forum got when they saw Dissident's Adventure reviews. Some people don't even read reviews, they just scroll to the end of it to see the score.

You should probably ditch the 1 to 10 scale, I'm pretty sure you saw how pissy some people on a certain other forum got when they saw Dissident's Adventure reviews. Some people don't even read reviews, they just scroll to the end of it to see the score.

That forum would have still exploded even if Dissident hadn't applied a score.

I mostly use the 10-point scale because my reviews are pretty much walls of text followed by more walls of text. It provides a nice, at-a-glance summation of my opinions for those who don't have time to read the whole thing or just skimmed. Some people do seem to focus too much on the score, though, (no offense) when honestly the score would only matter even slightly outside the review's context if it were counting toward the game's Metacritic score or something. I'll consider it, at least for reviews I post here.

Edited by Rigby

I actually like Shadow's game. I found it to be more enjoyable then Sonic Heroes. I'm sad that this game didn't do better, cause I'd love to see Shadow get his own series. Sadly there's no chance of that happening now.

What about that scene where the president has a picture of Sonic and Shadow posing together? When did that ever happen?

That could've happened sometime after sonic heroes.

Also how could Shadow just break out of Black Doom's mind control all of a sudden in the Last Story? Oh wait,let me guess: Because he believed in himself xD

How is that a plothole? He's was half created by Black Doom, and Gerald and Maria's words helped him, so maybe that's how he was able to break the control.

He's was half created by Black Doom

Actually, I think that Doom was able to control his mind BECAUSE he half-created Shadow. So yeah, I guess he just believed in himself.

TELEPORTATION YEAH

Just finished writing my Sonic Heroes review.

This game is shit.

Score: -4/10

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 2

Another good review. I thought the score was too harsh at first, but then I got to thinking about it

-bland graphics

-borderline subpar music

-shit voice acting

-tedious, horribly designed missions(Central City)

-optional, yet pointless gun gimmicks

-immemorable plot

-stiff controls(damn homing attack)

There just aren't any significant redeemable qualities about it, I think I enjoyed 06 more TBH. Also, it's that Shadow-Only crap WTF?

What about that scene where the president has a picture of Sonic and Shadow posing together? When did that ever happen?

The President, once finding out Shadow was alive, convocated Sonic and Shadow at the White House to thank them for saving the world, although Shadow may have taken it as a thank for saving the world from Metal Sonic ?

Also how could Shadow just break out of Black Doom's mind control all of a sudden in the Last Story? Oh wait,let me guess: Because he believed in himself xD

Mind control ? It was paralysis, and it only worked on non-Black Arms. Shadow has Black Arm blood so it didn't work on him.

*runs off at the speed of sound*

-borderline subpar music

Actually, the soundtrack was the only thing I really liked about the game.

I think I enjoyed 06 more TBH.

Much as I disagree, SuperClassic DOES have a point. 06 had a lot more diversity in level design and mechanics, and didn't extend its length in a cheap way. Honestly, though, I find it even more boring than Shadow thanks to the overall slowness, and I consider the level design to be less bland, but not by much. Not to mention that it's a glitchy mess with long load times and an even worse story and voice acting than Shadow, but I digress.

(No, I'm not reviewing that game. I tried to play it again, but the torture was too much to bear. I'm completely serious.)

Mind control ? It was paralysis, and it only worked on non-Black Arms. Shadow has Black Arm blood so it didn't work on him.

Actually, Doom did use mind control on Shadow in the cutscene after The Last Way. But Shadow broke out of it because he believed in himself.

TELEPORTATION YEAHHH WAHHHH ZAP-A-DO-BAP-BAP!!!!