Awoo.

Character Discussion #1493946530 - Shade the Echidna

CrownSlayers Shadow

Sonic isn't about serious dark stories. Even if SA2 and STH took things in that direction. Unless you want Shade to somehow get a reality check and a brighter personality, maybe she can. Other than that, she can't be used for various other reasons.

He never said anything about the series being dark, so I have no idea where you got that from. And why does Shade need a brighter personality to fit? Blaze & Shadow seem to do fine for themselves despite being two of the most serious characters in the series.

He never said anything about the series being dark, so I have no idea where you got that from. And why does Shade need a brighter personality to fit? Blaze & Shadow seem to do fine for themselves despite being two of the most serious characters in the series.

fuck, there I go with the misinformed bullshit. What I meant to say was: Shade is bland and boring and nothing of her personality sticks out. She's a mediocre character, and useless.

Other than that, shell never be used ever again.

Edited by TheREVerend

fuck, there I go with the misinformed bullshit. What I meant to say was: Shade is bland and boring and nothing of her personality sticks out. She's a mediocre character, and useless.

Other than that, shell never be used ever again.

While she is bland, mediocre and probably never will be used again, she is by no means useless....at least she doesn't have to be useless, any character can fit a certain mold if given the proper care and attention. Only thin Shade needs is for Chronicles to get resolved and for her character to be fleshed out.

I don't see Chronicles ever getting resolved anytime soon, but hey we can dream can we.

Shade struck me as being a really cheap way for the writers to avoid even having to come up with a plot, copying the entire Dark Legion arc with a few slight alterations.

She also infringed on other characters getting development, like that earlier fancharacter post summed up. Only characters to somewhat come out better were Big and Rouge, with Big not being near as annoyingly written and Rouge's intro flirting with Sonic only to throw Amy's lie back in her face; but also lost out on any comedic infighting with Knuckles. Beyond that... meh.

Shade struck me as being a really cheap way for the writers to avoid even having to come up with a plot, copying the entire Dark Legion arc with a few slight alterations.

She also infringed on other characters getting development, like that earlier fancharacter post summed up. Only characters to somewhat come out better were Big and Rouge, with Big not being near as annoyingly written and Rouge's intro flirting with Sonic only to throw Amy's lie back in her face; but also lost out on any comedic infighting with Knuckles. Beyond that... meh.

Yup. Not to mention her presence made Shadow completely redundant, I mean we already had one no nonsense character on the team, was another really necessary?

I have no problem with new characters getting focus, but it shouldn't be at the expense of already established character relations(Such as the Knuckles & Rouge example).

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought that Shade the Echidna was awesome. Too bad she only appeared in this one game.

Then again, any Sonic character needs to be fleshed out. I'm sure she is not the only one.