Awoo.

Centering a video will bugger up the rest of a post

Badnik Mechanic

Say I want to make a post/topic and put a video in it.

Normally what people/I do is center the video. It just seems to look nicer, for example...

However, even if I then select align left, the text will appear as centered text too.

Even if I highlight the text and select 'align left' it still shows up as being centered... despite the edit post screen showing it's on the left of the post.

Edit: in fact, if I then try to put the video as 'align left' it refuses to do so and keeps the centered text.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had this problem with my Apes topic, and I'll wager a guess it's whacked out a bit for images too. Checking the HTML during editing revealed a ton of extra tags, and even manually deleting them didn't exactly help matters, especially if I wanted to preview a post. I also found that I'd get a ton of extra space between elements for no real reason.

Lets see... does this work if I just make a post...

With text alone?

We'll find out today!

Edit: nope, looks like if you use the align center command, it will center everything you put in the post from that moment on, even if you tell it not to do that.

Known bug, though I can't find the original report there are a number of duplicate reports about this. It has to do with toggling the center tag, incorrectly adding more and more sets of bbcode tags.

I expect this to be fixed in 3.2.1, but until then you can probably switch to plain text mode (the top-left button) and correcting it manually.

• Thumbs Up 1