Awoo.

Sonic Generations coming to a mall near you. (USA)

Eternal EX

I went there today, Sonic Generations was absent.

They're bringing it tomorrow.

Anyways, I did play M&S. Although it was the horse mini-game. Once. So I'll be happy to answer any questions about that one mini-game.

I'm going again tomorrow, so expect Generations impressions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went there today, Sonic Generations was absent.

Wait, so there's a 50 percent chance of it being playable on one of the 2 days?

There's always a catch....

Can't wait to hear about the coverage tomorrow. :)

So...

Nothing interesting to report, I assume?

Apparently the demo didn't make it to the Miami stop due to the touring truck with it breaking down and although the demo made it to the Orlando stop, it was out of order.

Apparently the demo didn't make it to the Miami stop due to the touring truck with it breaking down and although the demo made it to the Orlando stop, it was out of order.

It's not out of order, It just got mad that they didn't take it to Disney World

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Wow... That's just upsetting.

Figures, its not too far from where I live but it didn't come anyway, lulz. Good thing I didn't drive the 30 minute drive then, my parents would've killed me.

I still wonder what version of the game they are walking around with. Is it a newer build or that E3/Comic-Con version.

Well, look at it this way: new bugs means new material right? Unless they're going all out polishing Green Hill Zone or a new build introduced too many new glitches, a new level seems extremely likely.

I'm extremely optimistic and hoping that it'll be City Escape because, besides that fact that IT NEEDS TO BE,

Chemical Plant was only shown to Germany whereas City Escape was at E3. It would be kinda cool if they slipped Chemical Plant in there and called it a day because it'd catch people who aren't following the news of Generations off guard, but for that very reason it's likely to be City Escape.

Next stop is Saint Petersburg. I'm hot sure how big the bugs are (although they're probably pretty big if they had to pull them demo) and/or how hard they are to correct, but come August 16th, hopefully we'll get some news on the demo.

EDIT: Oh, and now that this thread is alive again, thank you, Mordecai, for being a trooper and going both days.

Edited by firelord767

I still wonder what version of the game they are walking around with. Is it a newer build or that E3/Comic-Con version.

My convoluted imagination gave me hope of City Escape that i never actually had.

Can someone direct me to the nearest corner to sulk in, please?

Alright, so I'll be heading there to get loads of coverage on the 29th. And my mom can't refuse 'Cause I'm inviting my friends. :D

Alright, so I'll be heading there to get loads of coverage on the 29th. And my mom can't refuse 'Cause I'm inviting my friends. biggrin.gif

AUGUST 29th? At the Smithhaven?

Mall demo is functioning in Jacksonville. However, it was kinda lame. :B

Demo features Classic and Modern GHZ. Says coming soon in Late 2011.

There were 2 stations for Generations and 2 for Mario&Sonic (all the kids picked Mario or Shadow, lol!).

Back to Generations, this demo looks like the build from April to be honest. No glitches though.

I didn't notice this in the videos, but it's kinda cute how Sonic temporarily rolls into a ball upon hitting a speed booster.

I only played Modern. Got a B rank first time and A rank, perfect clear. Kinda easy and boost happy.

This event was such an opportunity to showcase City Escape or something but alas, Gamescon gets that.

If this event is more than 20 minutes away, I suggest not bothering (and I love Sonic). I enjoyed the Modern stage but it's nothing new.

edit: They also give out free Coke Zero. =P

3DS and PS3 Move are on display. Not too many games to play... Just Sonic, Rift, Pacman, some Pictionary game with Wii, blah.

Edited by Valkyrie

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, i screwed up the dates but i am in fact going to this event today. Is there anything specific about GHZ that you think still needs coverage?

Either way, the more gameplay videos the merrier.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you could just record yourself or someone playing the game I'd be happy. And see if you can get something out of whoever is there. Like uh some random questions answered.

Alright, i screwed up the dates but i am in fact going to this event today. Is there anything specific about GHZ that you think still needs coverage?

Either way, the more gameplay videos the merrier.

We know almost everything about Green Hill at this point.

Just have fun in name of all of us :)

Oh an ignore glitches. Its comic-con build.

Yeah anything is much appreciated.

Oh i have a couple of questions if you find someone who knows and can answer:

There will be an opening song theme?

When we'll hear more story details? (probably TGS but still)

How many hours a regular player will take to beat the game?

Thanks in advance smile.png

Edited by frokenok3

Yeah anything is much a appreciated.

Oh i have a couple of questions if you find someone who knows and can answer:

There will be an opening song theme?

When we'll hear more story details? (probably TGS but still)

How many hours a regular player will take to beat the game?

Thanks in advance :)

I doubt someone relayble from SEGA will be there but if there is such person than please ask those questions.

If you guys where looking forward to a video, i have rotten news. I failed to get my hands on a camera ("Can I have a camera?" "No.") and thus i have no video. I wish I did, though, because even though it would just be a few runs of okay gameplay, there was this one kid who, on the pouncing pole thing section, fell through the wall and died after walking a short distance inside the wall. It bore an interesting resemblance to the "secret" tunnel in Emerald Hill Zone where you push yourself into the wall when using the spring. It was probably just a fluke glitch that happened to resemble it, but it's still interesting.

There wasn't really anyone there to grill for information. The only employee that i saw was handling the 3DS display (half the consoles didn't have games >_>) and probably didn't want to be badgered with questions about a Sonic game on the PS3 and 360.

So DID i learn anything interesting? Well, that depends on one final factor, that being lag. Did anyone experience a short delay when trying to jump or slide? It could'v just been the television, but still. That and you can finish trick sequences mid-air, but that was possibly already confirmed.

For those of you who are going in the future, you can look forward to playing a lot of 3DS games (i counted approximately a lot 3DSs on premises, if a lot is ~15). They had the little mini-tables set off in the 3DS corner that each had a handful anchored to them. If you plan on playing generations, the two stations are the two different consoles, so don't fret if you can't use one or the other.

I set high goals for this trip, and looking at THEM, looking at what i told you guys i would get, this was a failure. Hopefully these oddball facts and blurbs might satisfy your trivia needs, though.

If you guys where looking forward to a video, i have rotten news. I failed to get my hands on a camera ("Can I have a camera?" "No.") and thus i have no video. I wish I did, though, because even though it would just be a few runs of okay gameplay, there was this one kid who, on the pouncing pole thing section, fell through the wall and died after walking a short distance inside the wall. It bore an interesting resemblance to the "secret" tunnel in Emerald Hill Zone where you push yourself into the wall when using the spring. It was probably just a fluke glitch that happened to resemble it, but it's still interesting.

There wasn't really anyone there to grill for information. The only employee that i saw was handling the 3DS display (half the consoles didn't have games >_>) and probably didn't want to be badgered with questions about a Sonic game on the PS3 and 360.

So DID i learn anything interesting? Well, that depends on one final factor, that being lag. Did anyone experience a short delay when trying to jump or slide? It could'v just been the television, but still. That and you can finish trick sequences mid-air, but that was possibly already confirmed.

For those of you who are going in the future, you can look forward to playing a lot of 3DS games (i counted approximately a lot 3DSs on premises, if a lot is ~15). They had the little mini-tables set off in the 3DS corner that each had a handful anchored to them. If you plan on playing generations, the two stations are the two different consoles, so don't fret if you can't use one or the other.

I set high goals for this trip, and looking at THEM, looking at what i told you guys i would get, this was a failure. Hopefully these oddball facts and blurbs might satisfy your trivia needs, though.

Don't worry dude. Don't feel down because you couldn't bring some new info. I appreciate a lot that you just mentioned that you'll try.

No worries TGS is almost upon us and we'll hear lots of news.

So DID i learn anything interesting? Well, that depends on one final factor, that being lag. Did anyone experience a short delay when trying to jump or slide? It could'v just been the television, but still.

Lemme guess, PS3 version? It's already been reported to have input lag. Certain TVs will make that worse.