Awoo.

Vocaloid

Sami

Lady Gaga's voice when she's not being auto-tuned anyway. If anything's a stupid gimmick, THAT is. Thanks to auto-tune, we have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9W533aJp4

If you have a good voice, then sing with it and don't freaking auto-tune it. If not, you can use Vocaloid. It's as simple as that. It saves time for the user and saves listeners from ear rape. And even if it does get popular, I can't see it overtaking talented singers.

Edited by Rigby

Lady Gaga's voice when she's not being auto-tuned anyway. If anything's a stupid gimmick, THAT is. Thanks to auto-tune, we have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9W533aJp4

If you have a good voice, then sing with it and don't freaking auto-tune it. If not, you can use Vocaloid. It's as simple as that. It saves time for the user and saves listeners from ear rape. And even if it does get popular, I can't see it overtaking talented singers.

Most songs in the studio are auto-tuned (Even big ballads), at least a little to fix it up in certain places. Lady Gaga sounds exactly the same live as she does in the studio version. If you can't sing, and don't want to learn how to, you shouldn't be in this business.

This is just as good as the award winning Hurt, but was overtook by generic club music. It's very easy for gimmicks like Vocaloid to eliminate talented singers.

One thing that needs to be said as well: I don't care how many years you train in the Himalayas, you'll never get your voice to sound like a Vocaloid. The same applies to autotune/vocoder; when used intelligently, it creates a unique sound that can't be copied with the normal human voice.

Computer generated robotic voices > talented human singers...

I've lost all hope for humanity.

LOL! I've been wanting to say that, but some kind of force stopped me, and insisted in trolling/ idiotic posts.

IDK, I have no idea, BUT I honestly have wanted to say that.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you can't sing, and don't want to learn how to, you shouldn't be in this business

But what if you can play guitar, or you are good at writing melodies or lyrics?

It's very easy for gimmicks like Vocaloid to eliminate talented singers.

It hasn't done so yet in Japan. If it gains any semblance of popularity beyond Internet nerd culture in America, it's even less likely it will now, at least as things stand.

Computer generated robotic voices > talented human singers

More like > than untalented people who can't sing

when used intelligently, it creates a unique sound that can't be copied with the normal human voice.

^this, too.

LOL! I've been wanting to say that, but some kind of force stopped me, and insisted in trolling/ idiotic posts.

Well, I suppose you can enjoy your brainless growling and screaming that is so heavily used in the music you like. When you look at things objectively, it's not much better (or worse, to be fair).

Edited by Rigby

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. I praise you for having a better sense (Musically) than most people here.

It hasn't done so yet in Japan. If it gains any semblance of popularity beyond Internet nerd culture in America, it's even less likely it will now, at least as things stand.

Then become a song-writer, and start pitching them. Generic club music took over when no one thought it would, so who's to say Vocaloid won't in 10 years time?

Computer generated robotic voices > talented human singers...

People are so close-minded and stubborn that they assume liking one thing means you should hate the other and wipe it from existence.

• Thumbs Up 4

Leave it at that. Write the music for a band, or be the guitarist. Ya Can't sing, too bad. You can play guitar? Welcome aboard.

@Rigby again.

What do you mean, senseless screaming?

To scream, you need to sing CLEARLY.

Do re me fa so la te do.

Basics my friend. If you can't sing CLEAN, you can't scream. Simple as that.

I don't know anymore. I honestly don't like the idea of "replacing." I assume no one is being replaced, but I honestly think music should be left as "Traditional."

Edited by TheREVerend
  • Thumbs Up 1

People are so close-minded and stubborn that they assume liking one thing means you should hate the other and wipe it from existence.

As I just stated, generic club music took over the music industry and pretty much wiped everything else away. This is most-likely going to do the same if it gets the same response from the general public.

Edited by Stack Up

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. I praise you for having a better sense (Musically) than most people here.

Wow, what happened to being open-minded and reasonable?

I know, man. We need human beings singing in music...when they know how to sing.

As I just stated, generic club music took over the music industry and pretty much wiped everything else away.

And this isn't any closer to "generic" than whatever you listen to.

Also, to put things into perspective here: I hate metal. A lot. The screaming gives me headaches, it all sounds the same to me, and I think the instrumentation sounds like a fucking mess. But you know what I'm not doing? Talking down to you as if you're some brainless idiot for liking what you like. Either don't act as if your opinion is superior to mine, or kindly fuck off. Thank you and have a nice day.

• Thumbs Up 3

But you know what I'm not doing? Talking down to you as if you're some brainless idiot for liking what you like. Either don't act as if your opinion is superior to mine, or kindly fuck off. Thank you and have a nice day.

All I've done is state my opinion, and gotten responses like "I'd rather listen to a computer-generated voice, than an actual talented human singer", which lead to me thinking if the general public thinks the same, the music industry is doomed once again.

Leave it at that. Write the music for a band, or be the guitarist.

And what if you don't know enough talented people to start a band? What if you want to start your own career?

Vocaloid, man. It's freaking MAGIC.

What do you mean, senseless screaming?

To scream, you need to sing CLEARLY.

Do re me fa so la te do.

Basics my friend. If you can't sing CLEAN, you can't scream. Simple as that.

That's not the point. The point is, I'd much rather listen to a robot with a good-sounding voice than growling such as in death metal. And now I raise you this:

But you know what I'm not doing? Talking down to you as if you're some brainless idiot for liking what you like. Either don't act as if your opinion is superior to mine, or kindly fuck off. Thank you and have a nice day.

What happened to respect here?

All I've done is state my opinion, and gotten responses like "I'd rather listen to a computer-generated voice, than an actual talented human singer"

And who the frick even said that? I love talented human singers. Vocaloids can replace the UNtalented ones. Singing lessons don't miraculously turn people whose voices rape your ears into sirens. Some people have good singing voices and some people don't. That's just how it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I've done is state my opinion, and gotten responses like "I'd rather listen to a computer-generated voice, than an actual talented human singer", which lead to me thinking if the general public thinks the same, the music industry is doomed once again.

Just read through the last page twice, and nobody said anything even close to that.

You're doing it again, bro

• Thumbs Up 3

And this isn't any closer to "generic" than whatever you listen to.

Also, to put things into perspective here: I hate metal. A lot. The screaming gives me headaches, it all sounds the same to me, and I think the instrumentation sounds like a fucking mess.

Ehm, so do computer instruments.

They hurt your ears and they're too pitched.

Last time I was listening to Techno, it made my ears bleed.

And what if you don't know enough talented people to start a band? What if you want to start your own career?

And who the frick even said that? I love talented human singers. Vocaloids can replace the UNtalented ones. Singing lessons don't miraculously turn people whose voices rape your ears into sirens. Some people have good singing voices and some people don't. That's just how it is.

Get a job in the music industry as a song writer and start pitching them. If you want to start your own career, then learn how to sing. It's never too late

The ones that don't are using the wrong techniques. Talent doesn't exist, it's just an illusion. It'd be better if we let the ones that can't sing die-out (Which is pretty much happening right now), while the ones that can increase.

Just read through the last page twice, and nobody said anything even close to that.

You're doing it again, bro

I'd rather hear Miku's voice than Lady Gaga's.

Lady Gaga can actually sing, very well -

My point is, if the general public responds the same (Prefering computerized voices over talented human voices), the music industry is once again doomed. I'm not attacking his opinion, but rather making it an example.

Edited by Stack Up

Ehm, so do computer instruments.

They hurt your ears and they're too pitched.

Last time I was listening to Techno, it made my ears bleed.

... Did you even read the rest of that post? I know you think that about that genre, that's exactly my point.

And Stack Up, if you honestly want to tell me that the guy who wrote this song is untalented, I honestly don't know what to say to you.

Edited by Dissident

... Did you even read the rest of that post? I know you think that about that genre, that's exactly my point.

And Stack Up, if you honestly want to tell me that the guy who wrote this song is untalented, I honestly don't know what to say to you.

He can write music. Good for him. Learn to sing, or pitch the songs to other singers.

Making a career out of a fake voice is never a good thing.

Edited by Stack Up

Well I'm glad this hasn't gotten Radio Play, or any popularity in American media.

I'd be raged it if it did.

I assume musicians from the 20th century would find everything in the 21st very disgraceful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I'm glad this hasn't gotten Radio Play, or any popularity in American media.

I'd be raged it if it did.

I assume musicians from the 20th century would find everything in the 21st very disgraceful.

I wonder what Ella Fitzgerald, John Lennon, and Freddie Mercury would say if it did.

Talent doesn't exist, it's just an illusion.

Wut.

No, that's simply not true. One person can be good at something that another one isn't. Talent can be acquired for some things, but I doubt it matters much when your voice sounds like a thousand dying cats.

It'd be better if we let the ones that can't sing die-out (Which is pretty much happening right now), while the ones that can increase.

Or let them use a program that allows them to use a pre-made, good-sounding voice to sing their lyrics for them.

For one thing, I'm pretty sure Vocaloid takes talent to use. You have to change things such as pitch and intonation yourself, and you have to learn how to do that with the program. For another, I'm going to show you this:

Read the English lyrics. It's a very original and unique song, especially for a love song. It may not have been made were it not for Vocaloid.

Pitching your song to another singer is not the way to go about things. They probably won't accept it, and in a way it seems self-centered - like you think you're so great that someone more famous than you should take time out of their (probably busy) life to read this song you wrote and then sing it. If Ryo had just spent his whole life pitching songs, we wouldn't have

or even this

What's that in that second link? Why, a human singer? Yep, after becoming well-known and making money, Ryo decided to get a human being to sing his songs. Artists don't have to rely on Vocaloid as a crutch; it can just be used as a stepping stone into the music industry.