Awoo.

Vocaloid

Sami

He can write music. Good for him. Learn to sing, or pitch the songs to other singers.

Making a career out of a fake voice is never a good thing.

Considering his band has got a deal with Sony's music division, and the fact that he's considered the greatest producer on Nico Nico Douga by many, I'd say what he's doing is well beyond "good" at this point.

Also, one of his latest works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtChjeN7K2w&list=FLd5iAhdtxAp0&index=8

^This wouldn't exist if Vocaloid hadn't made him popular.

Well I'm glad this hasn't gotten Radio Play, or any popularity in American media.

I'd be raged it if it did.

I'm not unhappy about the fact that the overwhelming majority of what plays on the radio is stuff I would consider complete shit. I just don't listen to it and continue listening to what I enjoy.

... Something must be wrong with me.

I assume musicians from the 20th century would find everything in the 21st very disgraceful.

Hey, hey, you wanna hear a secret? You have to promise not to tell anybody.

I can't stand The Beatles or anything else considered a "classic". Holy shit, I must be some kind of soulless monster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, hey, you wanna hear a secret? You have to promise not to tell anybody.

I can't stand The Beatles or anything else considered a "classic". Holy shit, I must be some kind of soulless monster.

So do I.

Soul less? Hell yeah you are.

So am I.

We're on the same page. I hate your music, you hate mine. We're on the same page alright.

I wonder what Ella Fitzgerald, John Lennon, and Freddie Mercury would say if it did.

Especially Freddie Mercury. He has the voice of a GOD!

Unlike.. Vocaloid.

Edited by TheREVerend
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering his band has got a deal with Sony's music division, and the fact that he's considered the greatest producer on Nico Nico Douga by many, I'd say what he's doing is well beyond "good" at this point.

Bring me back to my original point, the music industry is doomed if fake vocals become a trend. I agree that most radio stations play crappy music, but it's improving/was improving. Can't say I'm surprised you don't like any of the classics.

Lady Gaga can actually sing, very well -

I still like Miku better. But hey, to each his own right? Oh, wait.

My point is, if the general public responds the same (Prefering computerized voices over talented human voices), the music industry is once again doomed. I'm not attacking his opinion, but rather making it an example.

An example of how the music industry is DOOMED if people agree with me.

Right. That's not attacking my opinion at ALL.

My opinion that DOESN'T state that Vocaloid should replace talented singers. To further drive it home that I don't prefer Vocaloid over singers I find to be talented, I'd much rather listen to this chick's voice than Miku:

And

chick.

Can't say I'm surprised you don't like any of the classics.

And you continue to insult the music tastes of those who disagree with you.

Classy.

Edited by Rigby
  • Thumbs Up 3

Someone needs to calm down.

Either way, it's 6:40AM here. I'm off to get some sleep.

Shall respond to you later.

Someone needs to calm down.

Or maybe someone needs to start being reasonable and respecting opposing opinions.

But whatever. GEWD NIGHT, BRO. ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic is just over four pages long and already the amount of ignorance is at laughably absurd levels. I'm starting to doubt if some of the posts here are made seriously.

Vocaloid isn't for everyone, quite obviously, but all this nonsensical bullshit about it being made by talentless people or how it's related to the inevitable doom of the music industry needs to stop. Having an opinion on a style of music and stating it is one thing, entirely shitting on it with baseless claims is an entirely different one.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 7

Okay that's enough.

Enough with the talent debate or whatever the hell you're on about, and get back to talking about the series without all of this fucking shit that's been going on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

So now that's all out of the way, has anyone managed to get their hands on either of the Project DIVA games? I'd personally recommend 2nd to anyone who can get it. It's easily the best rhythm game I've ever played.

Or maybe someone needs to start being reasonable and respecting opposing opinions.

But whatever. GEWD NIGHT, BRO. ;D

Actually, this started over you not being able to accept my opinion. There wasn't a reason for you to respond to it.

No one cares about who started what, for fucks sake. Now shut up and get back on topic.

Couldn't have said it better, my dear.

Now answer, CAN I TALK LIKE SOUNDWAVE WITH THIS THINGAMAJIG.

[H]as anyone managed to get their hands on either of the Project DIVA games? I'd personally recommend 2nd to anyone who can get it. It's easily the best rhythm game I've ever played.

One of the greatest accomplishments of my gaming career right here. The song is Meltdown which is one of if not my absolute favorite Vocaloid song.

And yes I'm using Sakine Meiko on a Rin song because Sakine Meiko is the cutest design wise. She's also my good luck charm when trying to perfect songs.

Edited by Chooch

One of the greatest accomplishments of my gaming career right here. The song is Meltdown which is one of if not my absolute favorite Vocaloid song.

And yes I'm using Sakine Meiko on a Rin song because Sakine Meiko is the cutest design wise. She's also my good luck charm when trying to perfect songs.

I usually alternate between Infinity Miku and Reactor Rin, I like their designs the best.

I'm still unable to beat Hatsune Miku No Gekishou. My fingers aren't fast enough. ;~;

bump?

I'm quite fed up with Vocaloid. I still like the Kagamine twins, but other than that it's annoying how similar all the songs are. At first I was happy to find some music that's different from the commercial party&sx-themed junk, but now I'm simply bored with seeing the same type of characters in almost every song. The only Vocaloid I listen to now are sunzriver-P's.

Found some more cool stuff by an another awesome artist: Hachi-P. You can look up "Hachi" on the Vocaloid Wiki to see a list of songs by him.

I also really like

but unfortunately, I think it sounds too much like Matryoshka. 'Tis a shame.

I'm quite fed up with Vocaloid. I still like the Kagamine twins, but other than that it's annoying how similar all the songs are. At first I was happy to find some music that's different from the commercial party&sx-themed junk, but now I'm simply bored with seeing the same type of characters in almost every song. The only Vocaloid I listen to now are sunzriver-P's.

Yeah, it's kind of sad to see how Crypton's Vocaloids are the only ones who ever get attention, but I think it has to do with their designs and characteristics. The more Crypton-esque Vocaloids, the better.

• 3 months later...

Super bump. biggrin.png

Thanks to YouTube's now actually pretty decent "recommended videos", I've run into some really cool PV's and songs.

Close and Open, the Rakshasa and the Corpse

Two Faced Lovers (This one's got some sexual innuendos though. It doesn't show actual people or anything, but when you're looking at the tip of the male symbol try to force its way through the hole in the female symbol, well... you get the idea.)

Matryoshka WIP (I really want to see this one finished. D: )

• 7 months later...

So after the whole debacle about Miku being in All Stars Racing Transformed, it looks like we've got some more members who are fans of Vocaloid now. Cool beans. Bumping the topic to remind people it exists because dammit I want to talk about Vocaloid, and an opportunity to show off what I've been listening to.

Wowaka's Unhappy Refrain album has been on iTunes for a while, so I picked it up after I found out it was by the same guy who made Two Faced Lovers. This album's really great; almost all twenty-one songs are really catchy, and I can't really think of any I flat-out disliked. The first disc is all original stuff (fourteen songs total), while the second (seven songs) is composed of remixes featuring other artists. If you don't have ten bucks and want to try the album out, most of the songs are on YouTube andtheentirealbumtookmeabouttwosecondstofindonMediafire. I'd recommend checking it out, it kept me entertained on my three-hour long car ride to the airport yesterday.

If I had to pick favorites, I think I'd go with either Toosenbo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMDxKRx10mU, and

Sadly, there are also plenty of people who don't like Vocaloid. Mostly because… it's popular? huh.png

Sadly, there are also plenty of people who don't like Vocaloid. Mostly because… it's popular? huh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Indeed. Look at the shitstorm it caused on the past five pages. :/

I know little about the program as well as it's avatars, but I wouldn't say no to listening to some songs.

To be fair, a Vocaloid isn't completely computer-generated. They consist of voice samples provided by a real person, which the program then splices together into words. And they're getting a lot better in the realism department, to the point where they're almost indistinguishable from a human voice. For example,

To be fair, a Vocaloid isn't completely computer-generated. They consist of voice samples provided by a real person, which the program then splices together into words. And they're getting a lot better in the realism department, to the point where they're almost indistinguishable from a human voice. For example,

Holy shit, that's Gumi? I wouldn't have even recognized her. That is really impressive.

Holy shit, that's Gumi? I wouldn't have even recognized her. That is really impressive.

And this is Miku, using the same plugin. Voicebanks are the same, but the synthesizing process has been improved drastically.

And this is Miku, using the same plugin. Voicebanks are the same, but the synthesizing process has been improved drastically.

Huh. So is Vocalistener the name the name of the new synthesizer? I'd love to look through some other remade songs and see how they sound with the new soundbank.