Awoo.

Vocaloid

Sami

Vocalistener is a plugin being developed for Vocaloid3. The song creator records him/herself singing the song, and the software analyzes the inflections and other human details to determine how the Vocaloid should sound. (Which means that the user must be able to sing to get good results). In Miku's demo tracks, the default and append voicebanks were blended, creating a more human-like sound. Gumi's were all original.

Vocalistener is a plugin being developed for Vocaloid3. The song creator records him/herself singing the song, and the software analyzes the inflections and other human details to determine how the Vocaloid should sound. (Which means that the user must be able to sing to get good results). In Miku's demo tracks, the default and append voicebanks were blended, creating a more human-like sound. Gumi's were all original.

Huh. I guess that means Wowaka's stuff is out of the question for the most part, then. xD

My girlfriend is absolutely IN LOVE with these things, although she prefers to use either Sonic characters or ones she's made herself to the actual Vocaloids. :V Unless this is about the characters and not MMD.

Then...uh...

Yeah. I'll let myself out.

My girlfriend is absolutely IN LOVE with these things, although she prefers to use either Sonic characters or ones she's made herself to the actual Vocaloids. :V Unless this is about the characters and not MMD.

Then...uh...

Yeah. I'll let myself out.

Speaking of MMD...

Man, that never gets old. happy.png

In other news, Hachi released his third album recently (May 16th, 2012). I'm a big fan of his work, so I'm excited to give it a listen.

Hachi's
had a
distinct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCg9MXNGTGQ, so
glad I
have
to give his stuff yet another listen.

Looks like we've got a bit of news today.

New trailer for Project Diva f incoming:

Fans of Phantasy Star should appreciate what we see at 4:45, and I definitely got a kick out of seeing some of my favorite songs get representation at 7:16 to 7:45 (

in an earlier PV). None of the Vocaloid games have been localized so far, but hey, they showed it at E3 to gauge interest, so we can hope, right?

• 2 months later...

Big miku fan here~

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2eY4YSKMco

Getting a VITA and Project Diva f very soon.

Edited by Purple Heart Neptune

Vocaloid in my opinion is going to be a revelation, a new beginning for singers, songwriters, and musicians alike. Those who can't sing will be able to use Vocaloid to make music with their own voice, computerized... but still. It's time we stop judging people based on popularity and skill, and how you make the music. What matters is the sound. Just because people can have access to the program doesn't mean they'll be able to master it. It doesn't mean they'll make perfect songs. It just means everyone gets a fair shot. I can understand everyone's skepticism, and I realize not everyone is going to feel the same way about a program that people claim is "cheating" when it comes to vocals. It takes effort to place the vocals, just like any other program that creates music. You have to insert the pitch changes, the quivering tones, and the more effort you put into it, the more human like it will sound.

Auto tune is not cheating, it is merely a tool. It's an effect. It makes it harder for people to tell the difference between someone who can sing, and someone who can't. But the purpose is to aid those who can't quite sing the pitch, and to add a computerized effect to those who already can. Music is an art. Everyone has their own style. So you can't just judge someone by saying they suck because they use auto tune. They have to write the lyrics. They make the music. They put it all together. They have to master it. Auto tune doesn't make someone lazy. It just makes the artist's job less strenuous.

While we're talking Vocaloid, I feel that it would be most appropriate to share a song biggrin.png I've been obsessed with this song for like two months now. It's so pretty!

Just thought I'd drop by and ramble lol

Edited by Reshiram