Awoo.

A Quick Question About Sonic Advance Sprites...

KirbyGamer91

Has anyone here ever made a Sonic Advance style sprite of a human character before? If so, then how do you make the sprite you want to use as a base bigger on MS Paint without distorting it? Or do you make them from scratch? I'd do a sprite of an animal, but I don't want to recolor an existing sprite and pass it off as a fancharacter, for obvious reasons. If anyone can help, then that would be greatly appreciated.

And if topics of this nature aren't allowed, then go ahead and lock it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KirbyGamer91

• Diogenes

• Urtheart

• KoolKojoS

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a human version of myself, which I think turned out OKAY, kinda reminded me of Billy Hatcher...I'll upload it in a bit, not on this computer, sorry.

I used the Knuckles character select sprite from SA3, the one where he stands next to Sonic, as a base.

Edited by KoolKojoS

Actually, I was wanting to make an idle sprite for gameplay, but thanks for the advice! If no one knows how to do it, then I'll just try and make it from scratch.

I'd do a sprite of an animal, but I don't want to recolor an existing sprite and pass it off as a fancharacter, for obvious reasons.
What's that got to do with anything? Making an animal character doesn't limit you to just copying the characters that already exist. You're limited only by your creativity and artistic ability, and if you don't have enough of either to turn a Sonic Advance sprite into a unique animal character, you definitely don't have enough to turn one into a unique human.

At any rate, as far as making a human sprite goes, you're probably better off starting with a human base from some other series. Mega Man Zero sprites are used pretty often, and I've seen Jump! Superstars/Ultimate Stars getting popular. If you really want to stick with Sonic Advance sprites, tho'...well, it's going to take a lot of editing. You can use an Advance sprite as a base, and it probably will be easier than doing it entirely from scratch, but it's going to take a fair bit of sculpting and redrawing to get it to look like a realistically-proportioned human.

Now that I think about it, tho', you could go for an almost Billy Hatcher sort of look, and you wouldn't even have to change the proportions of the Advance sprites...

Maybe you're right, I'm better off making Advance sprites for an animal. I'll try sprites of Mighty and Ray and look into other styles if I want to make a human sprite. Since my questions have been pretty much answered, you can lock this now, admins/mods.

you can lock this now, admins/mods.

Done, but as a future warning topics request topics typically aren't allowed (this one slipped through the net).