Awoo.

Hardest mission to get an A rank on in SA2 Battle

needlemouse-4-ever

The hardest mission for me would have to be Knuckles death chamber 3rd mission "rescue the lost chao" I had the hardest time flipping the hour glass and trying to get through the first door.

You HAVE played Cannon's Core, haven't you?

And is this about Battle specifically, or are you including the superior Dreamcast version too?

Personally I HATED getting them in the Tails/Rouge driving levels where you couldn't touch the walls or cars and HAD to go fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

You HAVE played Cannon's Core, haven't you?

And is this about Battle specifically, or are you including the superior Dreamcast version too?

No mention of Metal Harbour? You pretty much have to abuse every single scoring opportunity that exists on the level in order to pull the A-rank off, and some of those opportunities include stuff you had no reason to believe even existed (like that one string of enemies to the far left of the aircraft carrier). Then it expects you to grab onto the very top rung of the missile at the end for no real reason other than to show off, and this is coming from a timed sequence that most people will have difficulty in reaching the lowest one with enough time to spare.

Then there's Eternal Engine and Crazy Gadget, but that's more for the sake of having to complete them in one life than anything else. Also, not that it's really ranked specifically, but raising a dream Chao to win nearly every medal and having it die just two short of the entire set is absolutely infuriating.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fucking Metal Harbor, no matter how much you destroy I convinced that you need to do that last bit before the missile launch to get it, I mean goddamn.

All of Rouge's space stage missions. Officially the worst stage Sega could have put in the game. After that I'd probably would have to give it to Cannon core.

Metal Harbor's EASY blokes! Protip: At the missile launch, jump down and hit the spring at bottom right corner. It's a MASSIVE shortcut that gives you ample time to get to the top most area.

Also, the driving sections aren't THAT bad, because I think it's impossible to NOT get an A so long as you beat it.

Now the HARDEST mission to Ace is without a doubt Cosmic Wall on Hard Mode. I swear it has the highest score requirement inthe GAME, and every ring, second on the clock, and 11-hit combo for a "Perfect" bonus counts. You have perform beyond flawless to get an A, andthats not even getting into the ball busting amount of enemies ready to rape the rings outta you. Of all the missions I've had to get an A in, this was the LAST one I managed to get.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mad Space...worse stage ever...in ANY game... And it doesn't help that the hints were stuff like:

reve egats tseb si ecapS daM

And are truthful as:

I love Mad Space so much.

Seriously, I personally had no problem with any Treasure Hunting stage including Meteor Herd (Well maybe a little trouble) but getting all A's on the missions was a...well you know the

word.

I think that they should just hand you the A ranks personally, just for putting up with such an awful game.

Though, Mad Space Mission 4 was probably the hardest for me personally.

Eternal Engine 5 gave me a few problems also, though not as much as the Mad Space ones did.

I personally think the hardest is either Cannon's Core, or Meteor Herd/Mad Space (mission 4 especially). Cannon's Core is so long and you have to go through so much stuff. Meteor Herd/Mad Space is extremely large (it takes me about 13 minutes!) and with mission 4 being timed, I would be amazed if you were able to get a C rank on mission 4.

Edited by TwoTailedFox

Metal Harbor's EASY blokes! Protip: At the missile launch, jump down and hit the spring at bottom right corner. It's a MASSIVE shortcut that gives you ample time to get to the top most area.
This actually just proves my point more, really - Metal Harbour is difficult, but the difficulty is based on obscurity rather than a genuine test of skill, so it's really more fake difficulty than anything else. Not that it helps that jumping off platforms blindly without a visible path to follow is generally discouraged because that mentality will almost universally get you killed in every other situation even if it looks as though there's something solid to land on. It also doesn't help that even with the best possible outcome from the missile sequence, it won't guarantee an A rank unless you get a bunch of equally obscure score opportunities earlier on.

Which reminds me. Find the Chao in Lost Ark. Pretty much the same reason - the game expects you to find a lift that is virtually invisible from most camera angles, so even with an aural indicator of where to look for the bastard you'll get nowhere fast unless you happen to catch an extremely lucky glimpse of the way up.

Edited by Blacklightning

Ironically, getting an A Rank for Knuckles' and Rouge's Hard Mode Missions is actually extremely easy because the Shard locations are always predetermined. So all you need to do is memorize where each Shard is and get there as fast as possible without consulting the hints.

I found that getting an A Rank on Tails' first car mission is actually quite difficult. I find that if the limo isn't reached by at least 2:44, you're not going to get the A.

Cannon's Core in the DC version had an insane 100,000 point requirement for the A. I think it was cut to 50,000 in the GC version, which is far easier to achieve.

Getting 100 Rings in Mission Street as Tails, because there are only 99 max. It's not the hardest...but the most stupid for sure.

This actually just proves my point more, really - Metal Harbour is difficult, but the difficulty is based on obscurity rather than a genuine test of skill, so it's really more fake difficulty than anything else. Not that it helps that jumping off platforms blindly without a visible path to follow is generally discouraged because that mentality will almost universally get you killed in every other situation even if it looks as though there's something solid to land on. It also doesn't help that even withthe best possible outcome from the missile sequence, it won't guarantee an A rank unless you get a bunch of equally obscure score opportunities earlier on.

Now the HARDEST mission to Ace is without a doubt Cosmic Wall on Hard Mode. I swear it has the highest score requirement inthe GAME, and every ring, second on the clock, and 11-hit combo for a "Perfect" bonus counts. You have perform beyond flawless to get an A, andthats not even getting into the ball busting amount of enemies ready to rape the rings outta you. Of all the missions I've had to get an A in, this was the LAST one I managed to get.

That's the annoying thing. The A-rank requirement for the stage was double from the DC version to the GCN one.

• Thumbs Up 1

My hardest mission is by far the driving stages with Tails and Rouge when you have to avoid the walls. The mission itself is pretty easy, but you have to be quick in order to get an A rank.

I didn't have much difficulty in the other characters stages, as well as Cannon's Core, although I do understand why many consider Metal Harbor difficult.

I always had a dislike of Crazy Gadget and having to get an A rank on its missions made me hate it even more.

Wrong actually, the spring is very visible, and knowing which spring to hit simply comes from figuring out which one puts you closest to the end.

0:38, specifically. If you're honestly trying to imply this is supposed to be obvious, I don't know what to say. And to my knowledge, it's mandatory for the A rank on top of the perfect missile segment.

I actually jumped down there once and hit a spring, and it sent me straight back to the start of the sequence, so I had no reason to believe there was anything of value down there.

Just saying, but I've never hit those enemies before and have managed to an A rank on the stage (with MUCH difficulty). The Metal Harbour A rank requirements are tough, but for the most part they feel very fair. It's just the missile part at the end, and apparently that's simplified by a spring.
Edited by Blacklightning

0:38, specifically. If you're honestly trying to imply this is supposed to be obvious, I don't know what to say.
Edited by Diogenes

Got those too. A-rank apparently still wasn't possible without the carrier string. Emphasis on "apparently" because I'm not really sure wtf I was doing wrong here.

Time and rings maybe? If you STILL can't get an A, then you're most likely being too slow or not getting enough rings.

You know, it is EXTREMELY easy to get every ring in the stage which gives you an automatic A. There is only one ring that is possible to miss, which is a single ring on top of the roof at the end of those somersault sections right before the big loop.

How strict are we talking here?

I tested it out, you can manage an A if you hit the beetle string on the air carrier but miss the top missile rung, and vice versa, but not getting either isn't enough for an A. It's strict, but you'd have to actively avoid the point opportunities save for the aforementioned missile rung to NOT get an A.