Awoo.

Least favorite internet reviewers?

Chaosmaster8753

The internet reviewer i have difficulty tolerating has these traits:

1) Is under the impression that his word is god and that anyone who disagrees with him is an uniformed ignoramus.

2) Excessively rants about certain parts of a game/whatever the hell he's reviewing to the point that it drowns out anything that MIGHT be Positive, Neutral, or Poor.

3) CLEARLY lies through the skin of their teeth just to justify their personal biases against/for that specific type of gameplay/whatever they are reviewing.

4) Is an obsessive fanatic of their franchise to the point that it seems like they hate it more than they like it (or vice versa if the games suffer poor quality in places, but they obsessively defend it).

This can apply to both reviews who hates the game or excessively praises the game.

Edited by Enigma2
  • Thumbs Up 7

Reviewers I dislike, because hate is FAR too strong a word for these guys (except for the 3rd one):

1. SpoonyOne (from ThatGuyWiththeGlasses/The Spoony Experiment)

I don't like this guy for a number of reasons. He constantly claims that his opinion is the best, he thinks that people who liked Final Fantasy 10 should be rounded up and shot (a bit extreme, don't you think?), he rarely updates anymore, he posts unedited clips from WCW/TNA/WWE on his blip.tv account and makes money off them and he cannot handle criticism. That and he makes rather annoying cameos in other peoples videos.

2. The Irate Gamer

This guy is a hack, plain and simple. He's not only a hack, but he steals his schtick and most of his material from The Angry Video Game Nerd, an internet reviewer who isn't actually that bad. He also gets many facts wrong about games he reviews (not the nitpicky "OH SONIC'S EYES ARE GREEN" type of fact, more the type of "I'M PLAYING THIS WITHOUT CHEATS EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE CAN CLEARLY SEE I AM" type of fact). And like Spoony, he's also a BAAAAHYBEEEEE when it comes to dealing with criticism. And he's a prick in real life. Seriously, he blames a SEGA representative at E3 for Sonic 06 being terrible. Make of that what you will

3. Spax3

Some of you should be familiar with this guy. He's the psychopathic manchild who wears a black hoodie, masturbates to Cream the Rabbit and thinks that Sonic 06 was the necronomicon created by the devil Jason Griffith. This guy is just a tool. If you could imagine Chris-Chan as an internet reviewer, it would be like Spax3. His "reviews" simply boil down to him complaining about one or two elements of a game and stretching his complaints out for the course of 8-10 minutes. If you want more information about him, search Encyclopedia Dramatica because just writing about Spax3 is making me sick.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox

IGN: Just as a whole, pretty much everyone there praises COD to the heavens, I feel I don't need to say more.

• Thumbs Up 6

Reviewers I dislike, because hate is FAR too strong a word for these guys (except for the 3rd one):

1. SpoonyOne (from ThatGuyWiththeGlasses/The Spoony Experiment)

I don't like this guy for a number of reasons. He constantly claims that his opinion is the best, he thinks that people who liked Final Fantasy 10 should be rounded up and shot (a bit extreme, don't you think?), he rarely updates anymore, he posts unedited clips from WCW/TNA/WWE on his blip.tv account and makes money off them and he cannot handle criticism. That and he makes rather annoying cameos in other peoples videos.

2. The Irate Gamer

This guy is a hack, plain and simple. He's not only a hack, but he steals his schtick and most of his material from The Angry Video Game Nerd, an internet reviewer who isn't actually that bad. He also gets many facts wrong about games he reviews (not the nitpicky "OH SONIC'S EYES ARE GREEN" type of fact, more the type of "I'M PLAYING THIS WITHOUT CHEATS EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE CAN CLEARLY SEE I AM" type of fact). And like Spoony, he's also a BAAAAHYBEEEEE when it comes to dealing with criticism. And he's a prick in real life. Seriously, he blames a SEGA representative at E3 for Sonic 06 being terrible. Make of that what you will

I am the only one who doesn't mind the Irate Gamer, sure he lacks originality (like most video game Internet Viewers) and his early reviews rip off the AVGN so much. I never heard bitch about Sonic's eyes, yeah he gave Sonic Unleashed a bad review but its his opinion I guess at least his videos are well presented. I have seen better but I have seen worse

I haven't really watched Spoony but I know what you saying about him when he is in other peoples videos.

Okay he's one of mine:

The Rap Critic: Seriously this guy has to be one of the most boring reviewers I have ever seen. His humour comes off as wooden and fake. All he does is bitch about lyrics, doesn't discuss about the rapper's vocals or themusic production or even the music video (if the song has one). I know good rhymes are important in Rap and Hip-Hop music but so is the music, plus he dissed Ice Cube's 'Today Was A Good Day' so he loses a lot of respect for me. He also rips the Nostalgia Critic using a similar white back ground. Seirously I think TGWTG just hired this guy because they were lacking people who review music which isn't a easy think to do in video reviewing.

Hardcore Kid: His reviews are okay but his attitude sucks, he trolls people on Youtube and then bitches when people troll him, in short spend less time trolling people (who will troll back) and focus on reviewing stuff.

Anyone who has nerd critic or that guy within their name: Please come up with something more original!

Nostalgia Chick: She's not a bad reviewer, I just find her reviews long, too

analytical its like watching some read an essay, he older reviews used to be better shorter and more to the point.

BlackBusterCritic: In short this guy is an arsehole he thinks all Sonic fans are faggots, anyone who like some he dosen't is a brainfart, gets people to troll others, he a massive Sony fanboy who trolls anyone he has other consoles (e.g. Microsoft, Nintendo, PC). He can't any criticism to say his life think he's always write and he's a massive troll. In short he is an over opinionated prick.

There probably some other reviewers I don't like. But the fact is opinions are like arseholes everyone's got them anyone can pick up a camera and review something but doesn't mean they should give up their day job because some really suck.dry.gif

I like the Nostalgia Critic (especially he's more early reviews when he was on fire with them) and a few others, but I still think AVGN is my favourite overall.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yathzee...at least his written editorials/reviews. His style translates badly in written form, to the point that he comes of as a dick. Showing his face doesn't help either.

Yathzee...at least his written editorials/reviews. His style translates badly in written form, to the point that he comes of as a dick. Showing his face doesn't help either.

I prefer many of his editorials above his actual videos as it makes him come across as a genuine critic. There's only so much one can put into a video that's largely meant to be exaggerated for comic effect.

As for critics I don't like, AngryJoe is the only one I can think of right now, mainly cause the irony hole in his entire act is ruptured and non-existent, which makes his rants all the more obnoxious when you realize they're pretty much to be taken seriously.

I don't like when any of the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses people go into their overarching storylines, or when they do the silly crossovers with other members of the site. Just review something, don't waste time with goofy characters and lame plots.

They can't act, the "stories" are uninteresting and the crossovers aren't anything special since they are always doing it. Often, a reviewer I dislike/don't care about will pop into a review show that I do like, thus ruining the whole thing.

Also, I find that a lot of the people on that site are "me too" fans who think they can emulate what the better members can do. Nostalgia Critic, Film Brain and Linkara are the best shows on the site, in my opinion, and the rest just want to be like those guys so they create amateuristic videos that are mostly unwatchable.

I know I could just not watch them, but I had to watch at least one episode of every show on there in order to find out if I'd like any of them. Unfortunately, I didn't like most of them.

Also, Jim Sterling, for obvious reasons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Jim Stering, and BlackBusterCritic for ignorance and all around faggotry. On second thought, BBC isn't even a reviewer he's just an idiot that thinks every single Sonic fan is like CWC and prettuly much gives black people a bad image so instead i'm gonna say Hillary Goldstein for his/her/it's bullshit review of Unleashed

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like when any of the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses people go into their overarching storylines, or when they do the silly crossovers with other members of the site. Just review something, don't waste time with goofy characters and lame plots.

They can't act, the "stories" are uninteresting and the crossovers aren't anything special since they are always doing it. Often, a reviewer I dislike/don't care about will pop into a review show that I do like, thus ruining the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't know why few people hate BlackBusterCritic on this site.

He mainly tells it like it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't know why few people hate BlackBusterCritic on this site.

He mainly tells it like it is.

What that all Sonic fans are Brain Farts and the PS3 is the best thing since sliced bread and anyone who disagrees is wrong?

Seriously the guy is an over opinionated jack ass.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any critic that fills most of their video with dumb skits and "storylines" and think humor is screeching at the camera a lot. Which is most of them, unfortunately.

What that all Sonic fans are Brain Farts and the PS3 is the best thing since sliced bread and anyone who disagrees is wrong?

Seriously the guy is an over opinionated jack ass.

Except if you actually watch his reviews you can clearly see that he's not a complete PS3 fanboy and he does his research to back his validated opinions up about the people that are on the rogue gallery of SonicBrain Farts. He likes the 360 but hated that it got the red ring of death. He likes his Wii. He liked Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and thought they were decent. He likes variety with his consoles.

The people that are on the Sonic BrainFart segment have an excellent reason to be showcased and nobody can deny that by looking into their disgusting history. Those people embody terrible values and coincidentally they are the same exact reasons people on this board keep screaming about that drags this fanbase down into the dirt (recolors, internet hypocrisy, fanboyism, taking things too far, wanting to have sexual desires with underage animals, blinders on and defending things that aren't valid E.G. saying that 06 was an excellent game) and gives it a bad image to the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznRZC7rpxQ&NR=1

Go ahead and watch.

If you want more proof, I will keep adding the research.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 2

Except if you actually watch his reviews you can clearly see that he's not a complete PS3 fanboy and he does his research to back his validated opinions up about the people that are on the rogue gallery of SonicBrain Farts. He likes the 360 but hated that it got the red ring of death. He likes his Wii. He liked Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and thought they were decent. He likes variety with his consoles.

The people that are on the Sonic BrainFart segment have an excellent reason to be showcased and nobody can deny that by looking into their disgusting history. Those people embody terrible values and coincidentally they are the same exact reasons people on this board keep screaming about that drags this fanbase down into the dirt (recolors, internet hypocrisy, fanboyism, taking things too far, wanting to have sexual desires with underage animals, blinders on and defending things that aren't valid E.G. saying that 06 was an excellent game) and gives it a bad image to the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznRZC7rpxQ&NR=1

Go ahead and watch.

If you want more proof, I will keep adding the research.

I still dislike him because he always thinks he right and he never the SA games were good especially in his eariler rants. dry.gif

Also he bashes people for liking Sonic, Barney and Thomas the Tank Engine and I say to him why the hell do you care?

He is just another person who rants with a camrea he's entitled to his opinons, but when he disagrees with others and flames them then in my case he is a jack ass who needs respect others opinons.

Hilary Goldstein is incredibly stupid. Not only does he have quite possibly the most frustratingly annoying voice any (professional) Internet reviewer could have, but he gave Sonic Unleashed quite possibly the most unfair and unashamedly biased review I have ever seen of ANYTHING. To top it all off, he referred to "true gamers" in a review. "MOST IPHONE GAYMZ FUR TROO GAYMERZZZZ-" Yeah, eff you.

Jim Sterling makes me wonder how a troll gets a position as a professional reviewer.

And finally, The Irate Gamer. His review of Sonic Unleashed pretty much paraphrased what IGN said, and aside from that he has some of the stupidest criticisms I have ever seen.

Definitely anyone who reviews for IGN. Their reviews are completely biased and unfair. Games that are good and deserve higher scores don't get the scores they deserve (especially games that aren't from major developers that make tons of money).

It's like the games that do get really perfect scores or really high scores on that site are from people who wanted the game to do good. You can tell the people who comment on that site aren't very appreciative of IGN's reviews just by looking.

ugh i can practically FEEL the butthurt coming from this thread

i kinda think nostalgia critic comes off as annoying.

I mean like his videos, but it's REALLY easy for him to descend into to ear rape and LOL SO RANDUM territory.

Ow, my butt hurts all of a sudden. Surely this can only mean that some dastardly fiend on the internet has expressed disapproval of an internet reviewer that I like! Must rant at them!!

...or not. If I enjoyed watching a review more than somebody else, then clearly I am the winner. Sadly, I don't have any major examples of reviwers I don't like, simply because the ones I don't like I don't watch.

Chris Bores us to death (AKA the Irate gamer): He just rips off the AVGN in everyway. Not to mention that he gets extremely butthurt whenever you criticize him in anyway. Don't believe me? Make a negative comment on any of his videos and I promise you it will get deleted.

Armond White: for obvious reasons

Jim Sterling: Basically the Armond White of game criticism, need I say more?

Cole Smithy: has a horribly inflated ego. Hell he even calls himself "the worlds smartest film critic".

I forgot one: IGN's Mark Bozon. Sonic Adventure does not have 2-D sections or boosting, nor should Colors having levels that are actually *gasp!* DIFFICULT be considered a bad thing.

i kinda think nostalgia critic comes off as annoying.