Awoo.

Least favorite internet reviewers?

Chaosmaster8753

A Critic named Debbie Schlussel is very harsh and very ignorant when it comes to reviewing. It's alright if you don't like a movie... but it's another thing when you outright bash the fans of the movie.

Here's what she had to say about Watchmen

If you take your kids to see “Watchmen,” you’re a moron.

If you see it yourself, you’re also probably a moron and a vapid, indecent human being.

Uh... No... Just, no. If you're reviewing a movie, you do not insult the reader for liking whatever they like... I mean, I understand Watchmen is definately not something I would take a child to see, but calling them a moron? Sheesh.

Oh and here's a fine one from her Scott Pilgrim review,

This is a national IQ test for teens and 20-somethings. If you like it, you fail. And sadly, far too many of them will. I predict it will be a hit. Because our next generation of American adults are mostly slackers and selfish morons. Hate to be a pessimist, but this garbage and the hype over it (the movie name is atop Twitter as I write this and has been for weeks) confirms my diagnosis.

Wow, so not only does she outright insult Scott Pilgrim fans, but she also says that she's ashamed our generation and assumes that we're gonna be slackers. Yeah, cause everyone I know who enjoyed the movie are just selfish assholes who just sit around and do nothing. dry.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with people having an opinion. However, when they disrespect others opinions by calling them every name in the book, that's when I get really peeved, for I've always hated it when people would force me to like/dislike something. Well, here's news for them... They're not me. I'll like whatever I want.

As for a comedic reviewer.... I'm gonna have to say the Gamedude.

Here's a link to one of his reviews:

This guy makes the Irate Gamer look like the AVGN. He claims that his series is a satire, but going though his videos it seems that his Idea of satire is ripping off other video game critics. His reviews are very disorganized and unfunny. He nitpicks over the smallest things such as story and characters, and focuses little on the game play. Whenever he does talk about game play though, he'll either quickly gloss over it, or he'll purposely run into glitches that you could easily miss and will count that as a game flaw. What a load of bull.

1. SpoonyOne (from ThatGuyWiththeGlasses/The Spoony Experiment)

I don't like this guy for a number of reasons. He constantly claims that his opinion is the best, he thinks that people who liked Final Fantasy 10 should be rounded up and shot (a bit extreme, don't you think?), he rarely updates anymore, he posts unedited clips from WCW/TNA/WWE on his blip.tv account and makes money off them and he cannot handle criticism. That and he makes rather annoying cameos in other peoples videos.

I kinda like Spoonyone's reviews. However I will agree he goes way to far with his hatred of fan bases sometimes. Along with insulting the Final fantasy 8 and 10 fans, He's also insulted fans of Deadliest Warrior in a review of the Deadliest Warrior game. IIRC, He tells the fans of this show to "get a Life." Nice thing to say to the people who contributed in making you famous, Spoony.

BlackBusterCritic: In short this guy is an arsehole he thinks all Sonic fans are faggots, anyone who like some he dosen't is a brainfart, gets people to troll others, he a massive Sony fanboy who trolls anyone he has other consoles (e.g. Microsoft, Nintendo, PC). He can't any criticism to say his life think he's always write and he's a massive troll. In short he is an over opinionated prick.

I'll be honest, I liked his Sonic Brainfarts. Other than that, this guy is an egotistical asshole. He cracked up at someone when he found out they liked Dragon Ball Evolution, saying "Nobody liked that movie, it's impossible!" and then he said that he would use that in an argument for said guy... Real mature, BBC, Reeeeal mature. I believe he also laughed at another guy in a chatroom when they said they liked the Warehog. When the fella tried to defend himself by saying that it was his opinion, then the BBC would laugh even harder telling him that his opinion was stupid because "Nobody liked the Warehog!"

Although he did acknowledge there were levelheaded sonic fans in one of is Sonic Brainfarts, you could tell he was just saying that to get people off of his back, cause in the rest of his videos, he talks down on all Sonic Fans like they're all a screwed up in the head.

That's enough venting for one day. I guess you could all tell that I dislike critics who disrespect others opinions.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't like when any of the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses people go into their overarching storylines, or when they do the silly crossovers with other members of the site. Just review something, don't waste time with goofy characters and lame plots.

They can't act, the "stories" are uninteresting and the crossovers aren't anything special since they are always doing it. Often, a reviewer I dislike/don't care about will pop into a review show that I do like, thus ruining the whole thing.

Also, I find that a lot of the people on that site are "me too" fans who think they can emulate what the better members can do. Nostalgia Critic, Film Brain and Linkara are the best shows on the site, in my opinion, and the rest just want to be like those guys so they create amateuristic videos that are mostly unwatchable.

I know I could just not watch them, but I had to watch at least one episode of every show on there in order to find out if I'd like any of them. Unfortunately, I didn't like most of them.

Any critic that fills most of their video with dumb skits and "storylines" and think humor is screeching at the camera a lot. Which is most of them, unfortunately.

Oh lawd, so much this. You're a cool guy, Linkara, you really are, but I started watching your show because I was interested in hearing about comics, not so I could see twenty minutes of you waging pretend space battles while dressed like a Power Ranger. I'm not even a huge fan of short sketches, but at least those tend to be vaguely relevant to the topic at hand. Most storyline stuff is just plain embarrassing.

THIS!. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

I hate how Linkara seems to think people like to see him "act" in some self indulgent Power Rangers/Star Trek/Doctor Who fan film bullshit. And I hate how TGWTG keep making those shitty crossover movies like Kickassia and Suburban Knights. They're not funny and they have stupid storylines that barely make any sense, and have tons of pointless crossovers.

Also, I've only ever seen a few of BlackBusterCritic's videos, but his Sonic Brain farts do seem kind of justified. I mean I'm not saying all Sonic fans are like CWC and Spax3, but there are a large number of fans like that. And sadly they seem to be a vocal majority in the Sonic fanbase.

I hate how Linkara seems to think people like to see him "act" in some self indulgent Power Rangers/Star Trek/Doctor Who fan film bullshit. And I hate how TGWTG keep making those shitty crossover movies like Kickassia and Suburban Knights. They're not funny and they have stupid storylines that barely make any sense, and have tons of pointless crossovers.

I hope you're sitting down, because this is gonna be hard to take in. Those two crossover movies, the ones you hated, they were anniversary events. That means that it's very likely that you'll have to endure another one next year. Oh, if only there were some sophisticated technology that'd allowed you not watch those movies. Like...oh, I dunno...not clicking on them and watching them. No, you're right. That's too far-fetched. Guess you'll just have to put up with it.

Seriously, what is your beef? You're watching free shows, and you've got so many to pick from that there's just no sane reason to keep watching the ones you hate. If you don't like when Linkara goes into storyline mode, you could just stop watching the video. One click and happiness is yours. If you hated the anniversary movies you could just watch something else. You've got the freakin' internet to choose from.

Crossovers are an excellent way to get viewership of one reviwer to get interested in the other reviewer in the crossover and thus increase viewership overall. It's not just entertaining, it's a smart thing to do. Maybe you should send an e-mail to the reviewers asking them to stop it. I'm sure they'll take you even more seriously than I do.

...and now I'm a complete hypocrite after what I wrote in that last post. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Crossovers are an excellent way to get viewership of one reviwer to get interested in the other reviewer in the crossover and thus increase viewership overall. It's not just entertaining, it's a smart thing to do. Maybe you should send an e-mail to the reviewers asking them to stop it. I'm sure they'll take you even more seriously than I do.

Crossovers are alright, but again, when they happen all the time, it's very annoying. I mean, if I wanted to watch The Nostalgia Critic, I'd watch the Nostalgia Critic. I don't want to watch 2 minutes of The Nostalgia Critic and then a 20 minute advertisment for "GENERIC INTERNET REVIEWER NUMBER 20482564

Jim Sterling, Nostalgia Chick (stupid iCarly look-a-like! DX ) and Hilary Goldstein are some of the worst, but nothing can top the Irate Gamer. This guy is a hack who does not know a thing about videogames and can't handle the critical response he's getting to improve his work. First he started ripping off AVGN, but now he's just making reviews of great games (such as Aladdin) and making them look bad. Oh and don't get me started on his History of Videogames videos. No research, stupid jokes and bad acting. Pure crap!

And about BlackBusterCritic...sorry, but I like the guy. Sure some of his vids can be biased, but he doesn't hate ALL Sonic fans. He just doesn't like the ones who act like complete retards. If you start defending people like CWC or MichaelDragonhardeharrr then there's something wrong.

Jim Sterling, Nostalgia Chick (stupid iCarly look-a-like! DX ) and Hilary Goldstein are some of the worst, but nothing can top the Irate Gamer. This guy is a hack who does not know a thing about videogames and can't handle the critical response he's getting to improve his work. First he started ripping off AVGN, but now he's just making reviews of great games (such as Aladdin) and making them look bad. Oh and don't get me started on his History of Videogames videos. No research, stupid jokes and bad acting. Pure crap!

And about BlackBusterCritic...sorry, but I like the guy. Sure some of his vids can be biased, but he doesn't hate ALL Sonic fans. He just doesn't like the ones who act like complete retards. If you start defending people like CWC or MichaelDragonhardeharrr then there's something wrong.

I am not defending people like Chris-Chan but I think people that spend their time trolling him and a create website about everthing he's done to make ass of himself are just as sad and pathetic as him.

Here's a quote from Black Buster's collection of Brain-Fart videos.

Sonic Brainfart - Sonic is now a mental disorder

This series shows how retarded Sonic fans are. I will also cover how much his games suck, and destroy ANYTHING that Sonic fans use to combat people that see Sonic for what he truely is: Garbage from a whale's anus. See the hilarious Sonic fans, see the laziness of Sega, and see me deliver it all to you with my unique style of comedy.

Yeah, the guy cearly doesn't hate the all the sonic fan base.

"Hi I am Black Buster Critic I am another

egotistical nerd whos enjoys picking on people more nerdy than me and people with mental health problems for a living, please inflat my ego more".

Seriously he is just pathetic as the people he rants at.dry.gif

EDIT: He also calls people faggots which shows his maturity.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

All he does is nitpick the little things and quickly talk about the gameplay like it's the least important part of the game.

I hate it when people have an ego when they don't even DESERVE one.

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hilary Goldstein is someone who I don't like. I actually like Jim Sterling, he's the type that he loves to troll and stuff. But it's their opinion, we must respect it.

Haha here I was thinking I'd be the only one in this topic to say I actually like Jim Sterling. I like seeing the reactions he gets from people more than anything. Other than that I don't really have any reviewers I can say that I straight up dislike to a huge extent. However most of the time I do not like the way IGN does their reviews and I am not fond of all those Angry Video Game Nerd type people but that's just a personal preference I guess.

Edited by Punk

About Jim Setling, yeah its okay to respect ones opinon but if they don't respect yours, well what do you do then?

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

You can't argue with them, because at the end they will always win. The fact that they are jerks are the worst thing.

Sure everything BBC says about those in his Sonic Brainfarts are true and deserve ridicule, but the fact that he says that (almost) every single Sonic fan is like that is the blatant showing his ignorance. Also, in his review of SatBK he says that there is not a single good Sonic game...

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh lawd, so much this. You're a cool guy, Linkara, you really are, but I started watching your show because I was interested in hearing about comics, not so I could see twenty minutes of you waging pretend space battles while dressed like a Power Ranger. I'm not even a huge fan of short sketches, but at least those tend to be vaguely relevant to the topic at hand. Most storyline stuff is just plain embarrassing.

I totally agree. I've stopped watching the after-credits scenes in Linkara's videos. I enjoy his actual reviews, but I stopped watching the parts that delve into his stories.

Sure everything BBC says about those in his Sonic Brainfarts are true and deserve ridicule, but the fact that he says that (almost) every single Sonic fan is like that is the blatant showing his ignorance. Also, in his review of SatBK he says that there is not a single good Sonic game...

I have never seen a single one of his videos, in fact I didn't even know he was well known. I just know of him because soon after SatBK came out, I had the GALL to say (In a Youtube comment) it was an okay game. Not a 'great' game, not even necessarily a 'good' game. I believe my wording was something like "It's a perfect example of a 6 or 7 out of 10 game. It's not bad, just not that good or memorable." Apparently that was like heaping praise on it, because I got a response from BBC telling me I was wrong, the game was pure shit and everyone knows it. Anyone who disagreed was clearly diluding themselves.

Reviewers I dislike, because hate is FAR too strong a word for these guys (except for the 3rd one):

1. SpoonyOne (from ThatGuyWiththeGlasses/The Spoony Experiment)

I don't like this guy for a number of reasons. He constantly claims that his opinion is the best, he thinks that people who liked Final Fantasy 10 should be rounded up and shot (a bit extreme, don't you think?), he rarely updates anymore, he posts unedited clips from WCW/TNA/WWE on his blip.tv account and makes money off them and he cannot handle criticism. That and he makes rather annoying cameos in other peoples videos.

I have mixed feelings on Spoony. On one hand, I agree with most of what you said. He essentially called all Zelda fans man-children, calls the people who disagrees with him idiots, and don't even get me started on the whole Transformers 2 fiasco. While I don't think he's being serious, it comes off as childish and insulting to the audience. However, I do find him genuinely funny, and from what I can gather in other people's commentaries and V-logs, he sounds like a really nice guy in real life.

Edited by Speederino

Spoony's official explanation is that "The Spoony One" is a character who exaggerates his opinions for comedic effect.

I also think its kinda funny how ITT people's affection for a given critic is almost universally inversely proportional to their opinion of Sonic games. Sonic Sentai Force, Assemble!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have mixed feelings on Spoony. On one hand, I agree with most of what you said. He essentially called all Zelda fans man-children, calls the people who disagrees with him idiots, and don't even get me started on the whole Transformers 2 fiasco. While I don't think he's being serious, it comes off as childish and insulting to the audience. However, I do find him genuinely funny, and from what I can gather in other people's commentaries and V-logs, he sounds like a really nice guy in real life.

Pretty much this. I've seen videos of him in real life, and he doesn't seem that bad, People who've met him said he's pretty nice as well. In addition, I enjoy watching his game and movie reviews.

However, I will agree that when it comes to game that he hates and the fans of said game, his humor will sometimes go into "dude not funny" territory. I should know, sometimes my sense of humor can get pretty cruel when it comes to stuff like that.

I dislike/hate reviewers who are way too full of themselves and they have this 'I"m always right and you're wrong' attitude or they always saying the word "You" in their reviews like they're telling people how they should feel when they're playing the game. It's even worse when the people who goes on those sites acts like nobody isn't allowed to have a different opinion and anyone who disagrees with the reviewer is a fanboy.

Pretty much this. I've seen videos of him in real life, and he doesn't seem that bad, People who've met him said he's pretty nice as well. In addition, I enjoy watching his game and movie reviews.

However, I will agree that when it comes to game that he hates and the fans of said game, his humor will sometimes go into "dude not funny" territory. I should know, sometimes my sense of humor can get pretty cruel when it comes to stuff like that.

Just because he acts nice, doesn't mean he's nice.

Then he really don't know the fanbase very well does he? If he thinks that there are good Sonic fans then why do he always ridicule Sonic fans in his brainfarts videos and making people believe that every Sonic fan acts that way. He even made a video asking why do people like Sonic and there's no reason for anyone to be a fan. I'm saying why do you even care about what we like. We don't have to answer to him when he probably won't even respect our opinions anyway.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't see why everyone is getting so up in arms over BlackBusterCritic. I reckon he's funny. Not hilarious, but he's still funny. Besides, most of his Sonic Brainfarts are justified. I mean, I'm not saying all Sonic fans are like Chris-Chan, but it's not like he's going on about us. He's making fun of manchildren, not regular Sonic fans.

IGN, GameSpot.

I know you're new here, but it would help if you elaborated and explain your opinions. While it is true IGN and Gamespot are pretty infamous in some ways but at least give us something other than saying who they are.

Edited by DarkLightDragon