Awoo.

Pac-Man Coming Back in 2010

AdventChild

To celebrate his 30th Anniversary, Namco-Bandai is planning to have Pac-Man comeback from wherever he went off to.

Pac It Up Boys. It's Dead.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of his game, Namco Bandai Games is planning on bringing back happy, yellow pill-popper Pac-Man.

"We are in the midst of making Pac-Man come back because his 30th anniversary is in 2010 actually," said Namco Bandai Games America EVP and COO Makoto Iwai . "As a group, we feel like we should do something to make him come back."

I love Pac-Man, but I think Namco should just leave him in the past. For 30 years, various console and arcade games based on Pac-Man have come and gone, and none of them came close to being as cool as the original. (Ms. Pac-Man doesn't count: It's just Pac-Man with a ribbon.) The old guy has earned a rest. As the first bonafide video game celebrity, Pac should get to enjoy his retirement years without being forced to participate in comeback after comeback. What is he, Michael Jackson? Let the old dude enjoy his golden years! Running after those ghosts all day is exhausting.

Um, no. Pac-Man did have alot of console arcade games, but never was cool or great as the original. Just leave it be.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• TheGerkuman

• AdventChild

• Scorch

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what they say, Ms. Pac Man > The original. :D It's more than a freaking bow added, it had more than 1 level for goodness sake.

I thought there were plenty of good Pacman/Ms. Pacman games after the originals. Particularly the Pacman World games, as well as Ms. Pacman: Maze Madness for the Dreamcast and Nintendo 64.