Awoo.

How do you feel about [[SPOILER LEVEL]]'s inclusion?

Cortez

There are two stages that I immediately think of when I'm remembering Sonic '06 -- Crisis City and Kingdom Valley. It's not that I wasn't fond of other stages, but those are the main ones.

Kingdom Valley didn't make it into the game. That's that really. Those are easily the most iconic stages in the game and as far as Sonic goes, played the best. I would have been happy to see either stage in the game as representation, and I think if Sega has any sense at all they'd only be choosing between those two stages anyway.

Edited by Chooch

I don't want them to make the stage any more colorful or happy than it should be, but they definitely have to put more of a stylistic approach to it than the original version of it. I wonder if they're gonna keep the boarding section in the beginning of it too?

I really, really, really hated Crisis City in 06. Why? It looked awesome, it felt awesome, and everything apart from the gameplay was awesome. Then I actually played it. Ugh.

I'm glad they picked Crisis City. I don't really see the appeal of Kingdom Valley, apart from that really cool mach speed section.

Crisis City or Kindgom Valley absolutely HAD to be picked for '06. The other levels were unmemorable and generic, except maybe Radical Train which doesn't represent the game at all. But the problem with Radical Train was that Elise was about. Now with Crisis City you can rest assured she's already dead, so that a good thing I suppose.

More seriously, I'm still not thrilled about it.They should have gone with an S3 stage instead of Sky Sanctuary and then picked Kingdom Valley for '06 representation. Hopefully though they'll be giving it the same treatment they gave Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill.

You guys aren't looking at it from the right perspective, y'see. Crisis City is Sonic Team's way of metaphorically admitting how much of a god forsaken train wreck '06 was. Just think about it, you're cruising through speed highway and city escape while flipping off the cops(still carefree), heroes is unbearably serene and happy go lucky beach ruin runs for Heroes' rep and then BAM.

What the hell happened? The world just literally went down the metaphysical toilet and came back as a flaming pile of suck and ash(in the context of the environment from character perspective), both of which are constituent parts of an even larger flaming pile... I think the dissonance is a neat effect that no other stage in '06 could emulate looking at it that way.

Edited by Autoburstfire
  • Thumbs Up 3

Crisis City or Kindgom Valley absolutely HAD to be picked for '06. The other levels were unmemorable and generic, except maybe Radical Train which doesn't represent the game at all. But the problem with Radical Train was that Elise was about. Now with Crisis City you can rest assured she's already dead, so that a good thing I suppose.

More seriously, I'm still not thrilled about it.They should have gone with an S3 stage instead of Sky Sanctuary and then picked Kingdom Valley for '06 representation. Hopefully though they'll be giving it the same treatment they gave Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill.

As much as I would LOVE Sonic 3 to be fairly represented, I'm really excited for Crisis City. First of all, judging from what we've seen so far, it's going to look brilliant... and it'll definitely have one of the most unique looks of any other level. I mean, the whole city's on fire! But seriously, the music is awesome, the modern formula should apply quite nicely with a board section, grinding section, flying from skyscraper to skyscraper and breakneck speeds, even flying through windows and boosting through the destroyed buildings. Not to mention the "modern gimmick" that Sonic Team seems to be throwing into every modern level. (Giant Chomper, Sawblades on G.U.N., Chemical Plant meltdown, etc.) I'm pumped. There's also a good chance for some Lava Reef-esque action in the Classic section as well, which would be flippin' awesome.

Basically, this is Crisis City's time to shine. Sonic '06 may have left us with some not-so-great impressions of it, but it's a whole new ballgame with Generations.

I'm very excited to see Crisis City in this game! It's a city stage, but it's a city on fire. It was awesome playing through it in 06 just because of how awesome it looked. I really don't want them to make it more cartoony in all honesty, I think it looked fine just the way it was. Blazing through that level with flying cars being hurled at you in Generations should be amazing.

I like it: it's a fire-based stage, but with city elements, possibly giving incite to what Central City, a portion of which is included in the City Escape level, would look like in the Iblis-dominated future. It's incredibly unique, and was my favorite stage from Sonic 2006. I kinda like that it's included, and I don't mind at all.

So far, I'm fine with all the levels in the game, since so far, given the content that we've seen, each level really stands out on its own. I might have swapped one of two levels for the sake of promoting more unique level tropes, but in the end, it comes down to what the people voted to see, and I really can't say that even one level looks bad, or out-of-place among the others yet. So far, I'm very pleased, the only thing I DON'T like is the confirmation that the Death Egg boss is going to be yet another remake of the one from Sonic 2... beyond that, I'm fully satisfied.

Yes, you heard it here folks: I actually LIKE Seaside Hill in Sonic Generations.

Edited by EXshad

I really, really, really hated Crisis City in 06. Why? It looked awesome, it felt awesome, and everything apart from the gameplay was awesome. Then I actually played it. Ugh.

I'm glad they picked Crisis City. I don't really see the appeal of Kingdom Valley, apart from that really cool mach speed section.

I think it had to do with the fact that...

• It had maybe the most finished best looking visuals in the game.
  • It's music was awesomesauce.
  • It had the potential to be the best stage in the game if the gameplay wasn't so unfinished in 06, like, for instance, it's open space and many multiple paths to take.
  • I think it should have been picked because it's 06's defining stage to me, it's on the front cover, it's the level shown in every demo ever, it was in about every trailer I think as well.

But Crisis City is good too, so I'm Cool beans either way.