Awoo.

Say hello to the fox engine

Badnik Mechanic

You might remember during Konamis E3 video thing that they briefly mentioned the 'Fox engine' there were no details other than some dude and a big Oss walking around a forest and that it would be a consoles thing.

Well... today Hideo Kojima decided to tweet some images from the Fox engine...

Yup... AND HERE IT IS!

grimace1.jpg

grimace-2.jpg

It's the Fox engine... as you truely imagined it.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone edits that lower image to have the beam of light coming out of it's mouth?

Source

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, I don't see anything special here. Should I?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh thank goddness.. It's not just me then thats wondering why so many websites are going ape over the news?

Oh thank goddness.. It's not just me then thats wondering why so many websites are going ape over the news?

About the only major significant part of this news, if I recall the original announcement correctly, is that this is the first time a Japanese company has developed middleware for use outside of the company, which these days is a frequently-occuring practice in the West (the most famous example to the consumer being the Source engine). In other words, other companies will be able to licence this engine for their own use, and naturally Japanese companies are the most likely to invest.

Now the buzz around this might make more sense.

Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.

It looks like it's missing a few bit pieces of detail here and there. Kojima Productions knows their way around a graphics engine, so I'm not worrying about it overall. I think he was just showing an early appetizer of what to expect since there's a good sum of people curious about this engine and what it can do. It may have been better to show it off once everything was set. Or an early build of that, at least.

Anyway, yeah. Dat face... The internet is going to love that face.

grimace-2copy.png

What? It was going to happen sooner or late--

I wonder how long it'll be before someone edits that lower image to have the beam of light coming out of it's mouth?

Edited by Worlds Greatest YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 7

I've seen more impressive models on the Gamecube. Just saying.

No you haven't. xP

Anyway, this looks pretty good. It'll be interesting to see what it can do when it's finished.

grimace-2copy.png

crying_happy_RE_Screen_name_Images-s217x223-184632.jpg