Awoo.

If you were the boss off Sonic Team and were told to reboot Sonic, what would you do?

thedude2011

Say you were told by SEGA to reboot Sonic, what would you change.

First thing I would do is give Sonic, Eggman and other characters a good backstory e.g. why does Sonic fight Eggman, has Sonic got any family, why does Eggman want to conquer the Earth? Secondly, I would have more than just 1 villain, give Eggman allies like Shadow and Rouge for example. In addition, don't have too many good guys, because in this universe I would make the team like rebels fighting against a dictator who has the upper hand. Have a good and dark side like SA2.

Playable characters which are good and unique ability:

• Sonic: Boost
  • Blaze: Fire power
  • Silver: Psychokineses

Playable characters which are evil:

• Rouge: Ability to glide
    • Gamma or Omega or other Eggman robot: Make it like Gamma in SA
    • Shadow: Chaos Powers (make him the only character to have Chaos Control because each person has an unique ability)
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think "rebooting" Sonic would be more like re-inventing the concept of Sonic, rather than a 06.

I mean that the series starts from the beginning that's why I said I wanted to know how Sonic became a hero.

1. Big, Rouge, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Cream, Riders-characters - ALL GONE.
  2. Less story, more gameplay.
  3. Bring back Special stages
  4. Redesign Tails, Sonic, Knuckles, Robotnik and Amy to a more classic style.
  5. Make the games more difficult.
  6. Bring back the Robotnik-name to Europe and America.
  7. Find a NEW way to play Sonic in 3D. NO BOOST!
  8. Don't base the games of stupid gimmicks
  9. Wait more than 2 years between eacch game so it won't feel like the same game being released year after year.
  10. I would blend 2D gameplay with 3D gameplay.
Edited by Michael Myers
  • Thumbs Up 3

No thanks only thing reboots do is piss people off why can't they just work with what they got.

Reboot... what, exactly?

The story? The gameplay? The setting?

There are so many different angles that can be taken that it's not possible to come up with a clear approach based off of the criteria you've given.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'd say NO. FUCK YOU. THIS IS MY SONIC. DON'T TOUCH IT, FAGS. LOOK, I'LL EVEN ADD THE WEREHOG IN THE NEXT GAME TO MAKE YOU HAPPY..

Then I'd be fired.

• Thumbs Up 6

give Eggman allies like Shadow and Rouge for example.

...So a doppelganger *cough*METALSONIC*cough*, and a furry fan service character?

Okay here's what I'd do.

1. Big, Rouge, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Cream, Riders-characters - ALL GONE.
  2. Less story, more gameplay.
  3. Bring back Special stages
  4. Make the games more difficult.
  5. Don't base the games of stupid gimmicks
  6. Wait more than 2 years between eacch game so it won't feel like the same game being released year after year.
  7. I would blend 2D gameplay with 3D gameplay.

Mr. Myers here has literally posted most of what I'd do if given the chance. I'd also terminate Crush 40, and have Cash-Cash compose music in place of singing.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

....Yeah what would be the point of a reboot exactly? Its not like the series is changing genres or anything. If its for story purposes....why? The continuity is already faulty at best, what's the point, if you want the series to turn into SATAM go read Archie, they have all the backstory, dictatorship and angst you could want.

But meh I'll bite. If I could reboot the series I would only change three things, Gameplay, Story, and character roster.

For Gameplay:

I would try to design a game less boost happy, actually I would abolish boosting altogether and make it a simple power up, kinda like the power sneakers from the original games. There will be more 3D and 2.5D will be a thing of the past, and Sonic will retain most of moves such as: Quick Step & Drift, and the Stomp will be turned into the bounce attack from Sa2. The Spin Dash shall return to its former glory as a means for Sonic to gain speed should he not have boost power. Level design will be accommodated to suit each character's abilities, there will be NO Genre Roulette, EVER!!!!.

For Story:

Wouldn't change much, probably give it a more coherent storyline more than anything else, and play up the adventuring aspects more, probably change the circumstances on how characters meet and whatnot, have some subtle character development here and there, maybe find out a few interesting things about the past of the characters, but nothing too big.

Here's a quick synopsis in case people were wondering: Sonic a traveling hedgehog is on another one of his daily runs searching for his nemesis Dr. Eggman, though he knows how important his mission is. he just takes it in stride. One day he comes across an old village that's being harrased by Eggman's robots, being the hero that he is he decided to help out, after his work his done he stays for a bit to let the villagers thank him, as he leaves a few of the citizens take note on how brave he is and decide to follow him and help him out.

Character Roster:

I would keep everyone but since this is an arcing storyline, character roles will be changed.

Just my two cents on the whole thing, but I know its not gonna happen.

Say you were told by SEGA to reboot Sonic, what would you change.

First thing I would do is give Sonic, Eggman and other characters a good backstory e.g. why does Sonic fight Eggman, has Sonic got any family, why does Eggman want to conquer the Earth? Secondly, I would have more than just 1 villain, give Eggman allies like Shadow and Rouge for example. In addition, don't have too many good guys, because in this universe I would make the team like rebels fighting against a dictator who has the upper hand. Have a good and dark side like SA2.

Playable characters which are good and unique ability:

• Sonic: Boost
  • Blaze: Fire power
  • Silver: Psychokineses

Playable characters which are evil:

• Rouge: Ability to glide
    • Gamma or Omega or other Eggman robot: Make it like Gamma in SA
    • Shadow: Chaos Powers (make him the only character to have Chaos Control because each person has an unique ability)

Seems like good reebot game concept to me. I LOVE IT YOU GET LIKE! And of course add Tails and Knux and Amy but no MORE because like you said it would feel like a rebelion and I LOVE this idea..  If I was told to reebot series.... Well first I will give more focus on story. MAKE TRUE FULL 3D GAMEPLAY. And make playables that have unique ability like you listed. Make slower formula more Adventure like. No alternative gameplay (tho I liked SA games) just unique abilities of each char. And more Crush 40 in mainstream games (they deserve it) and of course every char. will get theme song each game.

Edited by HUNTER297

Reboot... what, exactly?

The story? The gameplay? The setting?

There are so many different angles that can be taken that it's not possible to come up with a clear approach based off of the criteria you've given.

Reboot the story. SEGA didn't like how Sonic is going and want to start over again.

I'd say NO. FUCK YOU. THIS IS MY SONIC. DON'T TOUCH IT, FAGS. LOOK, I'LL EVEN ADD THE WEREHOG IN THE NEXT GAME TO MAKE YOU HAPPY..

Then I'd be fired.

Then someone else would reboot it.

No thanks only thing reboots do is piss people off why can't they just work with what they got.

Dude, this is a What If situation.

Mr. Myers here has literally posted most of what I'd do if given the chance. I'd also terminate Crush 40, and have Cash-Cash compose music in place of singing.

happy.gif

Edited by Michael Myers

Reboot the story. SEGA didn't like how Sonic is going and want to start over again.

But why? I know its a what-if situation but you have to considering all the possibilities. Why would they want to reboot it, give a specific reason, do they want the series to have a more coherent story? Do they want the dynamics and relationships between characters to change? Details man.

I'd fuse all the different continuities and make a unified Sonic continuity so people wont argue about which is better and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

If that happens I will not touch or look at a Sonic game again.

Same here. Chars. arent problem- Writting is.

But why? I know its a what-if situation but you have to considering all the possibilities. Why would they want to reboot it, give a specific reason, do they want the series to have a more coherent story? Do they want the dynamics and relationships between characters to change? Details man.

Sonic wasn't selling well, so SEGA decided to reboot everything, like how Nolan rebooted Batman.

This is what they want:

• A good and bad side for each Sonic game
  • A detailed story
  • Sonic adventure gameplay style
  • More character development
  • No character will convert e.g. no bad character will ever be good
  • Each character will have an unique ability

Michael Myers has a lot of stupid ideas here.

For me, no reboot.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 7

For Gameplay I'd Keep the Unleashed/Boosting gameplay for Sonic and make other characters playable with gameplay that everyone would like and not complain. and make sure that no fan complains EVER!!!!!!!!!!

If I HAD to reboot it, um...

I like the series where it is, well, not really. I would like the storyline to be serious and light, and the characters more well-written and developed.

Also more villains. I kinda miss the villains...

Edited by Ishtar

Some people need to understand that Shadow and ROuge were never really bad to begin with.

Shadow was just bent on revenge and misunderstood Maria's wish. And he was made for the Good of Humanity.

Rouge was just undercover.

Some people need to understand that Shadow and ROuge were never really bad to begin with.

Shadow was just bent on revenge and misunderstood Maria's wish. And he was made for the Good of Humanity.

Rouge was just undercover.

Edited by HUNTER297