Steve

Sonic CD for XBLA/PSN/Steam/mobile phones

Ok, has anyone else experienced this issue?

I completed the game with all Good Futures and Time Stones, but I didn't get the achievement for destroying all robot teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms. I did notice that once I got Wacky Workbench and for the rest of the game that for some reason every time I went to the past the robot teleporters were already destroyed despite me not destroying them yet... Its weird because I still had to destroy the Metal holograms. Could this have anything to do with me not getting the achievement and is this some kind of glitch?

Its crazy and it pissed me off.

Edited by Talon TSi

Edit:

If so than it kinda sucks, as I planned to do everything on the second run.

It doesn't bother me but they could have explained it in a way. I kept searching for no reason it seems

Edited by Djawed

Initially I was bummed out that the game didn't give you the achievement, because going for the Savior of the World achievement can be a pain in the ass in some levels (Namely Wacky Workbench and Tidal Tempest), however, when you really know what you're doing, the best spots to build momentum, etc, this game just becomes so much fun. This is the first time I've played it in a while, but after beating it numerous times, I can honestly say it might be one of my favorites amongst the original 2D games.

I seriously wished they would have considered completing the game with the 2 missing levels, the end of the game is SO anti climatic that it hurts. But the rest of the game is pretty nice =p

Agreed, it's one of the few things that kinda drag this game down from the Genesis titles, although I do love the game regardless. It's especially jarring when you play as Tails, as his ending simply involves him... standing their while Robotnik's machine and factory explodes.

Agreed, it's one of the few things that kinda drag this game down from the Genesis titles, although I do love the game regardless. It's especially jarring when you play as Tails, as his ending simply involves him... standing their while Robotnik's machine and factory explodes.

So he got his own ending? Well, that's epic!

Edited by Debug Mode

Wait, there were 2 scrapped levels?

Yeah, originally Taxman wanted to add 2 new levels: "Dessert Dazzle" (which would've probably took place between Palmtree Panic and Collision Chaos) and "Final Fever" (Basically a new, more climatic, "true" Final Boss), but they were scrapped due to time constraints and Sonic Team wanting this re-release to be more faithful to the original game.

Edited by Winter-Man Noir

Eh, I'm willing to bet that it's the "A WInner Is You!" sort of ending.

Not even. Eggman's base just explodes like it does in Sonic's game then the credits start rolling, the vanilla credits without animated cutscenes you get from viewing them from the options screen.

Another question guys. I'm close to completing the whole thing.

So what exactly do you do with the numbers 32 and 8? You unlock pictures with it right? I have the DA garden allready but there's only 31 songs there.

Anyway I like the game alot, but I find it sad for alot of people that will buy the game will have no idea how to unlock the extras. There is nothing in the game that hints and encourages it. I feel like my only option is to search the internet, which kind of sucks for the average person I think.

Ah well still good remake but that's like my only complaint

Edited by Djawed

Just wanted to add to an earlier 'discussion' that grammar nazis are discriminating against the dyslexic, and that's a LOT of people. Drives me nuts when people (even mods, and the rules of forums) get angry about grammar. To me it sounds like telling a deaf person off for not speaking properly.

As for the speed of the videos, I think it's sort of important because it needs to fit with the moments in the music it was storyboarded around. The 'chorus' part kicks in when Sonic poses for the camera ready for the credits to roll etc.

Nvm guys. You unlock "sound test"(not DA garden) by having a total time of all special stages, in time Attack, under 4 minutes.

Considering nobody had answered yet, I hope this clears alot fot others too. The unlockables arr pretty vague so I hope this may come in handy.

Unlockable - Howto

Tails - Beat the game one time.

Special Stage Time Attack - Clear every level in normal Time Attack mode(including bosses)

D.A. Garden - Clear Time Attack mode with a combined total of 25 minutes or under OR Clear main game with all 7 Time Stones (needs confirmation).

Visual Mode - Clear Time Attack mode with a combined total of 25 minutes or under.

Stage Select - Clear Special Zone Time Attack with a combined total of under 5 minutes.

Sound Test - Clear Special Zone Time Attack with a combined total of under 4 minutes.

Edited by Djawed

Not even. Eggman's base just explodes like it does in Sonic's game then the credits start rolling, the vanilla credits without animated cutscenes you get from viewing them from the options screen.

Ah i get it now...

Tails dies heroicly like how did Zero did in MMZ4! and we have been witnessing a clone taking his place since then!!

It all makes sense now...

Just wanted to add to an earlier 'discussion' that grammar nazis are discriminating against the dyslexic, and that's a LOT of people. Drives me nuts when people (even mods, and the rules of forums) get angry about grammar. To me it sounds like telling a deaf person off for not speaking properly.

Might i add that i'm not dyslexic but i see were your getting at.

Ok, has anyone else experienced this issue?

I completed the game with all Good Futures and Time Stones, but I didn't get the achievement for destroying all robot teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms. I did notice that once I got Wacky Workbench and for the rest of the game that for some reason every time I went to the past the robot teleporters were already destroyed despite me not destroying them yet... Its weird because I still had to destroy the Metal holograms. Could this have anything to do with me not getting the achievement and is this some kind of glitch?

Its crazy and it pissed me off.

No thats how it always has been, if you get all time stones, all teleporters self destruct, preventing the trophy/achivement from unlocking.

There is a way to get both in one run, but it leaves you no room for error when it comes to the special stages. It's just easier to do one run for the time stones, then a second for the holograms and teleporters.

Also I wrote a handy trophy guide for this game if anyone needs more trophy advice, should also apply to the 360 too since it's the same list and unlock conditions.

Edited by Hogfather

Bear in mind the yellow part is inside and wouldn't be all that visible anyway. It's more noticeable on the original Japanese boxart and the soundtrack CD cover, since you can see more of him and the reflection is more blatant (with his shoulder pads, etc).

I am kinda late to the party but I just downloaded the iOS version of Sonic CD and it plays amazing. I am amazed by the quality of the port and it makes me wonder why SEGA didn't put this much effort into the Sonic 1 & 2 ports on iOS.

Bear in mind the yellow part is inside and wouldn't be all that visible anyway. It's more noticeable on the original Japanese boxart and the soundtrack CD cover, since you can see more of him and the reflection is more blatant (with his shoulder pads, etc).

Edited by VisionaryBlur