Steve

Sonic CD for XBLA/PSN/Steam/mobile phones

*facepalm.

It's pretty funny that it does actually look like he's got a mouth in all those pictures. No doubt It's supposed to be a reflection

Edit: some missunderstandings..

Edited by Djawed

The US artwork is easilly explained by the Fleetway Amy Rose hair syndrome.

Everyone knows this right? One of the first Sonic CD promo artworks, showing Sonic and Amy... quick glance it looks like the spikes on Amy go up don't they?

28.png

Well for the best part of... ... ... many many years... thats what Fleetway thought too.

Amy.jpg

Despite the fact this is how she appeared in the game.

CD_AmyPanic.jpg

Spikes go down.

I suspect what happened is the same thing that happened at fleetway, they were handed the original promotional materials, quickly looked at it, and due to tight deadlines literally copied it thinking that what was a detail (in this case reflection on Metal Sonic) was an actual facial feature.

Are the JP and US Little Planet themes used anywhere in the game?

They were originally the Time Attack themes but since Brand New World plays, I'm wondering where they went.

Little Planet's theme is still used in D.A Garden and in the help topics i.e Basically a digital version of a stripped-down manual.

Are the JP and US Little Planet themes used anywhere in the game?

They were originally the Time Attack themes but since Brand New World plays, I'm wondering where they went.

They're in the DA garden. Check my previous post to know how you unlock that.

Edit: Oops.. ninja'd

Edited by Djawed

Ah i get it now...

Tails dies heroicly like how did Zero did in MMZ4! and we have been witnessing a clone taking his place since then!!

It all makes sense now...

Naw, that's the point where he wakes up from his dream and realizes he was never in Sonic CD.

I feel that the JP Soundtrack really gives off that classic SegaSonic feel with all the pop, funk, jazz, and other assorted wonders, so I really do love it (I want to make sweet love to PP (Jp) Bad Future).

The US soundtrack is nice to, it has this "gritty American-esque" quality to it that I find endearing, like Sonic Spinball.

Edited by Sonimas032

I freaking love the JP soundtrack. Very good upbeat music. That's partly why I replay the game again and again, and I bought the Sonic CD 20th Anniversary Edition on iTunes last night. All versions of Stardust Highway makes me really cheerful, especially the Good Future Mix.

Why did I ignore this game? I'm trying to remember. I played Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles but never tried CD...well I did, on Gems Collection but quit after Palmtree Panic...

I can see why CD was praised as one of the best Sonic games of all time, probably 2nd place to most people after 3 & Knuckles. But to me, coming from a person who grew up with Modern Sonic, this has to be my favorite classic Sonic game I've played and this is my first classic Sonic game I gave more than 1 play throughs for fun.

And I'm still kicking myself for not trying CD before.

The US artwork is easilly explained by the Fleetway Amy Rose hair syndrome.

Everyone knows this right? One of the first Sonic CD promo artworks, showing Sonic and Amy... quick glance it looks like the spikes on Amy go up don't they?

28.png

Well for the best part of... ... ... many many years... thats what Fleetway thought too.

Amy.jpg

Despite the fact this is how she appeared in the game.

CD_AmyPanic.jpg

Spikes go down.

I suspect what happened is the same thing that happened at fleetway, they were handed the original promotional materials, quickly looked at it, and due to tight deadlines literally copied it thinking that what was a detail (in this case reflection on Metal Sonic) was an actual facial feature.

lol, seriously?! I never heard of anyone misinterpreting the orientation of Amy's spikes before. pfft, I always saw them as being "carried in the wind" muchlike how any girl's hair would after being whisked away. blink.png

interesting...

only a few hours til the US release on the PSN. sigh...and so begins...the waiting game. again.

Edited by the blu blur

Amy.jpg

Ahh, I remember this. Also worth noting about Knuckles' white mark on his chest, which Fleetway and other publications saw as some kind of silver neck-ring, in the comic it often even 'broke off', lol.

For me, JP soundtrack evokes extremely nutty early 90's Japanese games. Like, it's just so goofy and off the wall (in a good way) that it makes me feel like I'm playing some wacky import title. I love it.

US soundtrack: The chanting and tribal bits combined with electronic beats immediately gives off that mysterious semi-spiritual late 80's/early 90's sound. Sort of like early

and the 1994 album Chant fused with new age electronica. The two SEGA CD Ecco games give off a similar vibe, of course because those games have the same composer as Sonic CD US. It's a very mysterious yet relaxing sound.

Both work, but in different ways.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

For me, JP soundtrack evokes extremely nutty early 90's Japanese games. Like, it's just so goofy and off the wall (in a good way) that it makes me feel like I'm playing some wacky import title. I love it.

US soundtrack: The chanting and tribal bits combined with electronic beats immediately gives off that mysterious semi-spiritual late 80's/early 90's sound. Sort of like early

and the 1994 album Chant fused with new age electronica. The two SEGA CD Ecco games give off a similar vibe, of course because those games have the same composer as Sonic CD US. It's a very mysterious yet relaxing sound.

Both work, but in different ways.

Spencer did Ecco's soundtrack as well.