Awoo.

Plot Details

Unknownlight

So, courtesy of All About Games, we have a summary of the first scene in Generations:

At the start of the game, everyone is attending a picnic in honour of Sonic's 20th, when all of a sudden a mysterious dark force intrudes and sends everyone, including our spiky blue protagonist, back in time. Sonic is finding a way to get himself and everyone else back to the present time and along the way he bumps into many familiar faces including his younger (albeit chubbier) self! The two Sonics team up and work together to save their friends once again.

Sounds fun.

But wait just a minute here...does this mean they're aging the Sonic characters? Is Sonic officially twenty years old instead of fifteen now?

Edit: Pic from later in the thread:

tvgps3105904.jpg

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will there be chili dogs at the picnic? There better be.

Anyway, sounds like a good way to start the game. I like it ^-^

Edited by TwoTailedFox
  • Thumbs Up 6

My question is, who else is at the Picnic? I'm going to be confused if I see Metal Sonic sitting down with everyone.

My question is, who else is at the Picnic? I'm going to be confused if I see Metal Sonic sitting down with everyone.

Chip, Charmy and Big.

Nobody else was able to make it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering how literal that "everyone" is too. Eggman and Shadow in a casual party setting? Do it, Graff and Pontac. And I want the opening to be long too- lots of comedy and social situations before the evil comes and mucks everything up.

I'm wondering how literal that "everyone" is too. Eggman and Shadow in a casual party setting? Do it, Graff and Pontac. And I want the opening to be long too- lots of comedy and social situations before the evil comes and mucks everything up.

I just thought of something...THe picnic starts off its usual flair with Sonic's friends, the Eggman shows to ruin everyone's shit and right before he and Sonic duke it out, BAM time hole.

Really I just want to see Shadow partying, DO IT SEGA NAO.

As for who's attending the picnic, seeing how we got a list of who's in the game I imagine its them, namely

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Cream

Rouge

Blaze

Vector

Espio

Charmy.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Cream

Rouge

Blaze

Vector

Espio

Charmy.

Nope. Blaze's appearance at the picnic wouldn't make sence. She's in another dimension.

Edited by Neon

I wont forgive them if they will leave Shadow and Silver. And why they will turn against Sonic later. My bet is mind control. We all know Colors writers like it.

@Neon

Actually it is possible they need to somehow explain why Blaze is in Sonic dimension. If she would be in her dimension time holes wont affect her. Or is it different Blaze???

Nope, Shadow will be leaning up against a roof tree in the shade.

Before Sonic forces him into the party, because he CAN.

Actually it is possible they need to somehow explain why Blaze is in Sonic dimension. If she would be in her dimension time holes wont affect her. Or is it different Blaze???

Well, I guess Marine created something that allowed Blaze to go to Sonic's world.

Edited by STrainer

I wont forgive them if they will leave Shadow and Silver. And why they will turn against Sonic later. My bet is mind control. We all know Colors writers like it.

@Neon

If they don't they completely disregard any previous status quo that the series had, even the DS version of Colors had some respect to their origins.

Well, I guess Marine created something that allowed Blaze to go to Sonic's world.

I dont expect anything complicated. Those are Colors writers after all. And if your theory is true people will ask "then where is Marine" they probably just say she stayed here after Colors DS just like Silver.

You guys should note that none of this has been comfirmed. Blaze almost certainly won't appear at the picnic.

It kinda has actually we know those characters will be in the game.

You guys should note that none of this has been comfirmed. Blaze almost certainly won't appear at the picnic.

Well uh why? Blaze IS confirmed to be in co-op missions but how will she get to whole time mess when she lives in another dimension and have "different" time. But Colors writers probably think that pnysics lie and they are more clever.

It kinda has actually we know those characters will be in the game.

With that logic, Perfect Chaos will be at the picnic. I'm saying that Blaze won't appear at the picnic since she's in another dimension.

Once the timeline/space gets fucked up by the Time Eater, then any of her appearances make sence. And I know she's appearing in Generations, man. tongue.gif

Edited by Neon

I think...you're all putting too much investment into its canonicity. And my biggest personal clue for this is the City Escape posters.

I mean, weren't we all ecstatic before because they were finally acknowledged after not being in continuity at all for eons? Well, the game being OUT of continuity would go miles to explain why their cameos were approved. Also, the good guys' poster told us that they were "missing since 1993", which would be an insane amount of time in-continuity, even considering that the Sonic games aren't set at any particular date.

I think...you're all putting too much investment into its canonicity. And my biggest personal clue for this is the City Escape posters.

I mean, weren't we all ecstatic before because they were finally acknowledged after not being in continuity at all for eons? Well, the game being OUT of continuity would go miles to explain why their cameos were approved. Also, the good guys' poster told us that they were "missing since 1993", which would be an insane amount of time in-continuity, even considering that the Sonic games aren't set at any particular date.

I think you're looking too far into things. tongue.gif

Those posters are simply Easter Eggs for fans. They don't hold any significance to the actual story and aren't meant to be taken seriously. Generations can be canon.

Edited by Neon

With that logic, Perfect Chaos will be at the picnic. I'm saying that Blaze won't appear at the picnic since she's in another dimension.

Once the timeline/space gets fucked up by the Time Eater, then any of her appearances make sence. And I know she's appearing in Generations, man. tongue.gif

Its not that easy. Other dimensions have their own Time and Space and thats why I think Blaze needs to be there BEFORE Time-Space get rumbled.

Its not that easy. Other dimensions have their own Time and Space and thats why I think Blaze needs to be there BEFORE Time-Space get rumbled.

We don't really know how it'll work. I really don't think that Blaze will appear until after the Time Eater does his thing. It makes more sence to just say 'Due to the Time Eater's ruckus, Blaze ends up back in Sonic's dimension.'

We'll find out when it's out. biggrin.gif

Edited by Neon