Top Posters In This Topic

• Strong Bad

• Meow

• Gabz Girl

• AdventChild

Oooook. This is going too far now... O__o

And of all people, why did they choose Van Halen? Why not Bon Jovi or U2? >0<

......*opens mouth*......*Closes it and facepalms*

Oh my word. What are they thinking? I hate it when they milk a series for a ll it's worth. They already have this many sequels planned? After Metallica I am drawing the line on this series.

I'm done. I am done with Guitar Hero.

~Fullmetalsonic84

So sad. So sad.

It seems Activision is the new EA then? Cash cow milking extrodinarre? The sad thing is, all these different GHs are going to do is just saturate the market. It'll be the death of GH, no one is willing to shell out for expensive bundles over and over again and I don't think many people can be arsed to buy all the differant disc versions, I know I can't be. :o

I've been done with GH ever since Guitar Hero 3. Sadly I think that Rock Band is kind of going the same way as the Guitar Hero series in terms of being milked out.

For people who complain about Halo being milked out, I don't think having 3 main games, 1 expansion disk, and a RTS game is anywhere near considered being milked. Given the span that the first 3 games came out in too, they definitely were not milking it.

If anyone brings up the books too, I'll smack 'em since other game series have had books and/or mangas/comics.

But yeah, all this Guitar Hero stuff is just overkill I think.

Jesus Christ! How many Guitar Hero games are they going to make! It's most likely going to be the same game re-hashed over and over again.

Oooook. This is going too far now... O__o

And of all people, why did they choose Van Halen? Why not Bon Jovi or U2? >0<

Probably because U2 are terrible?

Van Halen is known for being 'guitar music' - with Eddie Van Halen well known for his guitar solos in songs, and they have been going for over 30 years so have a decent back catalogue of tracks to choose from.

As for Bon Jovi... perhaps too cheesey? I dunno - I think that would be pretty fun to play Bon Jovi music on Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

-I kind of gave up on Guitar Hero as soon as I got it though. I bought Guitar Hero II for my 360 and just haven't enjoyed it much. Though I did get both the DS titles for my birthday last year and I think they are more enjoyable than the console versions.

But yeah all these "Guitar Hero: *insert band name*" games are getting over the top - especially when they have the download packs too (which I think are all way overpriced).

I am a little surprised that EA/Harmonix haven't done similar with Rock Band though. EA usually seem to love pumping out endless additions to their franchises.

Rockband is getting its fair share soon I'm sure. I know that they have Beatles Rock Band thing coming up...so that could be the start of it.

Activision is not the first to milk a franchise. They will not be the last.

Still saddening to see it happen though.

rofl wow that's sad, that poor cow.

Is it weird that when I read the title my first thought was "they're making a cow milking rythm game?" O_o...I wouldn't have been that surprised really.

Rockband is getting its fair share soon I'm sure. I know that they have Beatles Rock Band thing coming up...so that could be the start of it.

Ah! Now THAT'S an expansion game I'm looking forward to! =D *lurves the Beatles <3*

Probably because U2 are terrible?

Hasn't stopped any of the other bands who've got their own Guitar Hero games.

What's this Band Hero then? Just Rock Band but with a different name from a different developer?

Edited by Flint

Cow dies.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/van-hale...d-hero-for-2009

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Guitar Hero: Modern Hits

Guitar Hero: Van Halen

Guitar Hero 5

DJ Hero

Band Hero

Guitar Hero on Tour 3

R.I.P. in peace, cow. :( And to think people complained about Microsoft milking Halo...

Hmmm... the only one there that appeals to me is GH5, and that could still go either way depending

Jesus Christ, are you serious? I guess they didn't learn from Tony Hawk or anything.

Activison won't learn. As soon as it sells, 15 sequels are in the process. The next Tony Hawk is supposed to be a 'proper' reworking. What a load of crap. That's what Project 8 was. I have a feeling they're just gonna rip of Skate.

Too much Guitar Hero. When GH first started out, it kicked ass, but then 2008 hit and it started becoming a cash cow. I'm going to stick to GH1 and 2 and the Rock Band games, I sure hope Rock Band doesn't end up like GH.

Ah! Now THAT'S an expansion game I'm looking forward to! =D *lurves the Beatles <3*

Yeah, they're planning it for late 2009. I'm not really looking forward to it, however.

But... THAT much titles? Woah, I thought Guitar Hero: Metallica was enough. It's just too far.

The first three GH games were great. I personally they should've stopped after GH: Metallica.

And I think the reason they're making a GH: Van Halen is because, well... Eddie Van Halen is a rock stereotype. His hard rock solos and banging riffs have made his name synonymous with "rock guitarist".

At least they haven't done a Kurt Cobain version yet.

9003.jpg

Even I found that to be in bad taste.

What, is Activision intentionally trying to single-handedly over saturate and kill the genre? Seems like way to many releases of what boils down to the exact same game. They're going to end up competing with themselves for the customers' purchase from the look of it.

Edited by Cipher

Hasn't stopped any of the other bands who've got their own Guitar Hero games.

Did you just call Aerosmith, Metallica, AND Van Halen bad?

shit just got real, cuh