Awoo.

Earthquake?

Kuzu

So I'm chilling in my room, and suddenly my house starts to shake. I'm thinking my neighbors are just bullshiting so I ignore it, I go online and figure out it was a damn earthquake.

Anyone else felt this?

It's a 5.9 with Virginia as the epicenter. Possibly a foreshock.

20k4u2g.jpg

Supposedly this is the approximate range of the earthquake but I have no clue.

I hope the fellow members here are alright.

I can almost see my life flashing before my eyes. That was scary. :( I've never experience an eartquake in my life. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Least I know why I didn't feel anything now. If it was a 5.8, does that mean an Aftershock will come soon?

My entire family was at my door wondering what I did this time.

I seriously thought we were all going to die.

Least I know why I didn't feel anything now. If it was a 5.8, does that mean an Aftershock will come soon?

That's assuming the earthquake wasn't a foreshock.

We've got no clue how bad it is yet.

I felt it in North Carolina about an hour ago. Ground shook a little for about 30 seconds then stopped. Was pretty surreal, never felt one before!

I've heard that it reached as far as Boston north and also reached out to Ohio also. I felt it in NJ but it was only a slight vibration. Nothing bad here, but in VA it was pretty bad. Hope everyone there is doing alright!

Mysterious. o.O I hope everyone here will be alright (not that I would want anyone at all to get hurt or anything!)

My whole house shook. For a good few minutes. That was scary as fuck. I'm in Maryland so it was a bit worse here than in other places.

I didn't hear anything from my family until it was over so I seriously thought for a while that it was entirely in my head like some old anime bullshit.

That was probably scarier than the whole house shaking. And that was scary. I need someone to hold me.. :<

Edited by Chooch

20k4u2g.jpg

Supposedly this is the approximate range of the earthquake but I have no clue.

I guess I'm right on the edge of it. Got a bit of shaking, but it was pretty much over by the time I realized what it was. Kind of freaky, but no apparent damage, so.

I was in my basement while it happened. I didn't feel it.

Seconded, but I got a call from mom after heating up some food and she told me about it.

Yeah. We felt it. I was watching TV and noticed my bed was shaking. My neighbor ran outside scared (lol) thinking someone was messing with him. He got scared of the moaning noises from it all moving around apparently.

Oh, and I'm in NC.

I didn't feel it, but my mom did. Her bed began to roll back and forth and thought it was just a major wind gust. We didn't realize it was an earthquake until around 2:10-2:20 PM. It sounded scary, and I hope I never feel it again.

And according to CBS2, it was a 5.9 earthquake that reached as far north as Detroit.

Hope all of you guys in East Coast of US are save. Strangely nothing is on about it on TV here.