Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Manga [Story]

Woun

A quick tip to everyone, the story will be based on the Japanese series of events. I say this because at first I thought the Sonic Colors manga adaption was REALLY different from what was in game in Colors, but later found out that it was taking from the Japanese story, which was actually a lot different. Same scenes can be interpreted completely differently simply based on dialogue.

In other words, it should give a good idea of the beginning of the game plot-wise, but may variant away from the English events quite a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

A quick tip to everyone, the story will be based on the Japanese series of events. I say this because at first I thought the Sonic Colors manga adaption was REALLY different from what was in game in Colors, but later found out that it was taking from the Japanese story, which was actually a lot different. Same scenes can be interpreted completely differently simply based on dialogue.

In other words, it should give a good idea of the beginning of the game plot-wise, but may variant away from the English events quite a bit.

The main thing to find who it will be translated into English.

Core left because, to us. :'C

So what about this magazine, recently sent me a whole box with figures of + this magazine from Japan.

Waiting...

Edited by Woun

So will it be based on the events of the full story, or will it only go up to a certaint point? Just asking since the last thing I want to do is spoil generations story.

Wow, was the Colors script THAT different ? Need a translation. NOW.

No, I will not learn a whole new language just for that, even less when I have problems remembering stuff. Thank you.

Really, is the Japanese Colors that different from what we got ?!

Could you possibly scan the cover to the manga magazine too Woun? I`m in Japan right now and wanna get this but as I understand it isn`t a Sonic manga with Sonic on the cover, it`s a DS manga?

If you could do that then thanks! :)

Hey Woun make sure you post here when you do get the scans ready:

Its the general thread for the manga. btw, was the entire colors manga arc ever scanned?

Edited by goku262002

Hey Woun make sure you post here when you do get the scans ready:

Its the general thread for the manga. btw, was the entire colors manga arc ever scanned?

I do not know how, but I send Aunt with Japan, this journal, I will try as soon as possible you scan this manga.

If someone could take the scan of the manga is Sonic Generations pass me, I will translate the manga for you, I can read Japanese.

Edited by Speed the hedgehog

I managed to find the magazine with the manga in it today too. It's a huuge thing and I'm still not entirely sure why it's in a Nintendo magazine, but it has the Sonic manga for Sonic Generations in it, well 11 pages of it anyways.

Does anyone know if this continues? Like will there be more? Because according to the store they come out monthly, and if the Sonic manga is ongoing I'll probably try pick this up each month.

I managed to find the magazine with the manga in it today too. It's a huuge thing and I'm still not entirely sure why it's in a Nintendo magazine, but it has the Sonic manga for Sonic Generations in it, well 11 pages of it anyways.

Does anyone know if this continues? Like will there be more? Because according to the store they come out monthly, and if the Sonic manga is ongoing I'll probably try pick this up each month.

If anything like the Unleashed or Colors manga, it will continue coming. The manga stories in both of those was told little by little. In Unleashed I believe the first manga was the story of Sonic falling to Earth and meeting Chip, with the second manga them exploring Windmill Isle. In the colors manga, I believe the first issue had them arrive at the theme park and then meet Orbot and Cubot and the Wisp at the end. For the Generations manga, you'll have to tell me but I got the impression it ended with Modern meeting Classic.

Oh ok. Well I hope there is more. I'll buy next months when it comes out and I see it and let everyone know.

Not sure whether or not this is confirmation of Omega in the Sonic Generations game, but he shows up in the manga at the picnic everyone is at also.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pictures, dude :V I want to see the Chaotix!

And seeing as we've gotten a new render for Omega, I'm sure he'll show up in some form in Generations.

Oh ok. Well I hope there is more. I'll buy next months when it comes out and I see it and let everyone know.

Not sure whether or not this is confirmation of Omega in the Sonic Generations game, but he shows up in the manga at the picnic everyone is at also.

Oui, if you have pictures I'd love to see them! And Omega, that's interesting as he definitely isn't in the leaked files... Though, since I am fairly certain this is a Nintendo magazine I wonder if Omega will appear in the 3DS version... Still, when you can show please do.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Omega... Picnic... Does not Compute.

Of course, it would be nice if they acknowledged his existence, along with Big. I could imagine him pulling appetizers out of his arms instead of weapons and serving people. Hah!

Thanks, Golem. You've got me worrying about the english script again, now. sad.gif

I really hope that the script stays as close to the Japanese version as possible. I don't want to go through over 70 cutscenes with terrible jokes taking over the main plot and character interactions.

Thanks, Golem. You've got me worrying about the english script again, now. sad.gif

I really hope that the script stays as close to the Japanese version as possible. I don't want to go through over 70 cutscenes with terrible jokes taking over the main plot and character interactions.

Minding you the script in Colors in Japanese was also filled with gags, but... Different gags. Things like Cubot instead turning into a woman and a sumo wrestler, a gag about the price of things, and just generally a different sense of humor. We might receive a gaggy script here, or not. We'll have to see, but the script writers can write seriously.

Dude you shouldn't want to go through 70 cutscenes period.

Dude you shouldn't want to go through 70 cutscenes period.

Sonic Generations, according to the leaks, has 74 cutscenes. Of course i'm going to watch them.

Sonic Generations, according to the leaks, has 74 cutscenes. Of course i'm going to watch them.

They'd best have a skip feature handy. I don't think I have it in me to sit through 74 cutscenes.