Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Manga [Story]

Woun

I knew they wouldn't respect each other until they raced. Loved the "bang" pose, fist bump, high five lol. Immediately thought of Sonic The Movie. "My. Man. Coo!" Thanks MasterBoard!

As awesome as the Sonic manga's are, I wouldn't take them as gospel when it comes to information about in-game events. I mean, Unleashed Manga and the Colours Manga had a LOT of situations that were not in the actual game.

Still, this manga is awesome though :D I loved page 6. What are they doing? Seeing who can eat the Chili Dog first? :P

As awesome as the Sonic manga's are, I wouldn't take them as gospel when it comes to information about in-game events. I mean, Unleashed Manga and the Colours Manga had a LOT of situations that were not in the actual game.

Still, this manga is awesome though biggrin.png I loved page 6. What are they doing? Seeing who can eat the Chili Dog first? tongue.png

I agree about how accurate these mags are to the game (even Archie's tie-ins are more accurate.) As much as I find it adorable that both Sonics collide and then make-up with their love of chili dogs towards, none of this will probably really happen in the game but just as an extension/filler of the opening scene.

Even though I could not understand a thing in that short manga read, I was laughing the whole time. Seems like generations will be a mix of funny and seriousness. Knux face when he saw 2 sonics was priceless.

Because the joke is lost. You can't get "horse" out of "amazing" in English no matter how hard you try.

Anyway, if what's in this Mang is accurate to the games;

-There IS a pretty good number of friends at the picnic in the first place, but there are notable absentees (namely the Chaotix and Blaze). Big and Omega may be Manga-exclusive cameos.

-Tails, Amy and Knuckles actually stay with Sonic? Huh, that technically would mean only one friend who was at the birthday party (and known to be in Generations) would have been sucked in a different timehole and kidnapped.

Weird.

More evidence to add to the Cheese is the time eater theory

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

So... Are there any translations yet? It seems like this one doesn't use a Japanese that hard.. I can read Hiranaga and Katakana, perhaps I should take a shoot at translating it? I already translate mangas from English to Turkish but I've never tried to translate from Japanese to English. If there is still no translations around, I can do one 'till someone better does.

I was scared of not being able to read Kanjis in this one but they wrote the Hiraganas above them so I can read.

BTW I had to translate this right now

Page 7

1. Panel

Sonic - Umm... Who's this? (Ano... Kore dare?)

Knuckles - No matter how you look at it, it's you, right? (Dou mite mo omae da yo na?)

2. Panel

Sonic - Why there is another one of me! You are a faker right? You gotta be a faker right? (Nande ore ga mou hitori irundaaa? Nisemono da na! Nisemono darou da na!?)

3. Panel

Tails - What... What's going on? (Kore... Dou natteru no?) - Could be "How did this happen?"

Knuckles - I'm the one who wants to know. (Kocchi ga kikitai ze)

Amy - The other Sonic was here for the whole time though. (Katahou no Sonikku wa sakki kara itandakedo) - "The other Sonic was here for a while though." is more accurate I think.

I'm not totally sure about the last panel... Tails' and Amy's lines. But I think they are close.

I'm going through The-Master-Board's scan.

Just give me an okay if there is still no one working on it yet... I can finish it in a day probably since it doesn't need me to look up kanjis.

@A Match in Oil Ocean Zone: I can't read the last bubble of Sonic's in Page 4. But it's just that Sonic hesitates to go there for some reason. And I think the reason is written in that last bubble.

Edited by sayi50
  • Thumbs Up 1

I could help a bit with the translation ^^

Edit: So far I've got this~

Page 8

CSonic (?): Oh! This is~~ me~~

[i couldn't make out what Tails says.]

MSonic: Our speed will determine who's the real thing!

Tails: Uwaa! They are both so willing!

Page 9

Tails: OK, so the first one to do a lap round Green Hill Zone is the winner, if you insist.... oh!

Well then, get set, ready, go!

Page 10

SFX: Bioooo, on, on, on, zan, zan

MSonic: Pfft! How about I don't lose to a fake fatass like you!

------------------

It's something like that. I'm not that great at Japanese -_-

Here's the transcription of these pages.

--------------

PAGE 8

CSONIC お!これは~~アレだ~~

TAILS え~~!?

なんでイキナサ[?????? I dunno what's here]そうなるの!?

[???]

MSONIC スピード諸負で勝ったほうか本物だ!

(SFX: バキュシ!)

(ドキュシ)!

TAILS うわっ!こっちはこっちでやる気マンマンたし!

PAGE 9

じゃあ

グリーンヒルを一周して先に戻ったほうが勝ちだよ

しょうがないなァ......

おう!

TAILS: それじゃあ位置についてヨーイ

(ドン)

PAGE 10

(ビオオオオ オン オン オン)

(ザン ザン)

MSONIC: へへん!どうだニセモノ太郎に負けるオレじゃないぜ!

PAGE 11

TAILS: とっちも本物みたいたよ.....

[?????]

くっ.....!

どうなってんだこりゃ....

[i didn't finish yet]

Edited by midori
  • Thumbs Up 3

I will be tomorrow Manga (Part 2).

The last number we have translated (and scanned) into Russian, 2 days later translated into English.

Publish on Sonic Scene.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 5

I will be tomorrow Manga (Part 2).

The last number we have translated (and scanned) into Russian, 2 days later translated into English.

Publish on Sonic Scene.

Thanks.

November Issue!? Aww crap, I'm behind 4 months worth of magazines! I need help guys, if somebody can get these things, please scan them!!

Where the hell have you been man, china?

Today me sent a parcel of EMS in Japan, with new manga and magazine Famitsu.

Perhaps there will be new information from Famitsu, because they're writing about TGS. :333

2jstw.jpg

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for the translation midori ^-^

yw ^ v ^ I'm not very eager to do all the translating because my Japanese is quite lame. I'd rather wait for somebody better at it to translate properly.

But if it doesn't look like something's getting translated, do let me know. I'll do my best. * v *

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to try and translate this too but, after reading it 5 times. There are lot of bubble that are half shown or to small to read. I have to request a better scan. The-Master-Board, all eyes are on you :P

midori, perhaps we both can translate it and show it to each other for quality checking and proof reading?

I'd like to try and translate this too but, after reading it 5 times. There are lot of bubble that are half shown or to small to read. I have to request a better scan. The-Master-Board, all eyes are on you tongue.png

midori, perhaps we both can translate it and show it to each other for quality checking and proof reading?

Sure. I'll try to get myself to work tommorow. * v *

• Thumbs Up 1