Awoo.

Johnny Test

Gaming Misfit

This is the ONE cartoon I do not even have a mere bit of respect for. It is just so....terrible. Have any of you seen this? It's just absolutely sickening. The humor is down right embarassing, the entire drawing aspect of it looks like something I could have got done in my notebook in 20 seconds and it's basically what I would consider a parody of other cartoons. I don't watch cartoons much anymore overall, but I saw my little brothers watching this one. Apparently to them this show is fan-fucking-tastic. If you haven't seen it yet, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rImRbBhk_pI&feature=related

You'll also notice an icredible over-use of sound effects.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ok when I saw this topic I cringed and then when I looked inside I smiled.

I fully agree with you. I cant stand that show AT ALL. I looked at it and wondered why someone would even want to see it. If you enjoy it no offense to you but I just get annoyed with it a few seconds in.

Edited by .Shade.
  • Thumbs Up 4

oh wow, I thought I was the only one who hated this show! Horrible writing, overused sound effects, cheap animations, and the main problem with me is that the show never sits down for 5 seconds and be quiet instead of being loud every second.

I know. It's like one of those kids in the Sega Genesis commercials. Constantly screaming in your face and acting stupid. Only this goes on for 15 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mang I don't know what the hell you guys are talkin' 'bout mang, this is the best show ever mang and it's funny 100% of the time mang. The animation is top notch mang, it's got dem flat colorinz mang which makes it cool mang.

Seriously though, this show is pretty bad. It's made me laugh a few times when there isn't anything worth while to watch but other than that this show can go screw itself.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

I still remember when this show was on KidsWB before it got abolished.

I've never really watched this show and don't really intend to.

I still remember when this show was on KidsWB before it got abolished.

I've never really watched this show and don't really intend to.

You know, I remember seeing an episode of JT on that "4kids" station before it aired on CN. It was that monster truck episode. TBH it wasn't so bad. Unlike the other episodes it wasn't all "LOL RILEY DUDE" and it didn't get all in your face. It wasn't quite GOOD either, but still, not terriible.

Does it have any connection whatsoever to Johnny Quest (even like, the same creator or something), or is it total coincidence?

I only heard of it because McDonalds are having Happy Meal toys of it next month. D:

Does it have any connection whatsoever to Johnny Quest (even like, the same creator or something), or is it total coincidence?

I only heard of it because McDonalds are having Happy Meal toys of it next month. D:

I think it's a coincindence. Never watched Johnny Quest either but I do know that the two shows couldn't be any more different in terms of plot synopses.

I don't hate this show, I just don't care for it. ITs a poor man's Dexter's Laboratory.

A very poor man's Dexter's. Dexter's Lab was good. Johnny Test goes into wild swings between tolerable and horribad. Sometimes in the same episode.

A very poor man's Dexter's. Dexter's Lab was good. Johnny Test goes into wild swings between tolerable and horribad. Sometimes in the same episode.

And the animation is effin terrible, Flash can do way better than that.

The swift dialogue compared with the quick cutting and exaggerated sound effects can get a laugh out of me, so yeah, I like it on that basis alone.

It's practically a stupid Dexter's Lab wannabe, but genderbent with the idiot blonde as the star, having parents knowing about the experiments, and adding a talking dog for good measure. Also, the flash animation is pretty bad.

Edited by AdventChild

I cant understand why this show is exposed thw way it is. It's terrible. It's a hideous combination of Dexter's Lab, Calvin and Hobbes, and Jimmy Neutron, and none of the positive qualities of any of them.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Edited by LimeTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phew, for a second I was afraid that everyone would be praising the show... That would have added to the list of shows everyone loves but I hate/dislike/find average with My Little Pony, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, ECT. But that's another story for another topic. Though usually when a topic on a show is made, it's usually because it's a good show...

Johnny test... God that show is so boring. It's so freaking repetitive and the writing's not good enough to save the show from mediocrity unlike Phineas and Ferb. Now there's a show that can be repetitive and yet manage to be fresh and entertaining. The animation is so bad, It reminds me of how much I hated most flash animated TV shows.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I cannot tell you how much I HATE this show. The animation makes The Flintstones look like a Miyazaki film by comparison, the writing is lazy, and it just comes off as a pale imitation of better shows you could be watching. (Dexter's Laboratory and Fairly OddParents, especially.)

One thing in particular that bugs me about the writing is that whenever they "parody" something, they feel the need to have a character comment, "Okay, I know I've seen this somewhere before." or "Where have I seen this before?" It's like they feel that the audience is too dumb to realize that they're parodying something, so they just have to blatantly state that they are.

The character designs are HORRENDOUS. Seriously, they look like second-rate doodles on some artist's sketch pad. Especially the background characters, where there's absolutely no consistency to the designs. Some characters look similar to Johnny, some characters have malformed heads, some characters have one eye that's bigger than the other, it's just so annoyingly inconsistent.

And the Racing episodes...OHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't get me started on the Racing episodes. You know how a lot of cartoons have original and different plots every episode? Johnny Test says "SCREW THAT!" The writers are so lazy that they've literally recycled the EXACT SAME PLOT for FOUR EPISODES! Plus, the ridiculous thing is that they think they can get away with it just because they joke about how many times they've done it. I'm sorry, but self-parody does not excuse plain laziness.

Honestly, this show is pretty much the Anti-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Both shows are animated in Flash, feature the same stable of Canadian voice actors with one American voice actor playing the lead role, both originated in America, and both feature writing from Chris Savino. However, whereas MLP: FiM has excellent writing, very likeable characters, wonderful animation, and great jokes, Johnny Test is the polar opposite. It's amazing that a show this bad can see FIVE SEASONS while much better shows have to settle for one or maybe two. We can only hope that Season Five is the final one.

Also, I just did some research on this show. It's been going since 2005 and I've only been aware of its existence for a few weeks?

I don't like it because I am old.tongue.gif

Honestly do you remember your siblings or father telling that the shows used to watch were crap and they had better in their day? My Dad did everytime I use to watch Pokemon. dry.gif

Seriously the only things I watch on kids channels are old shows, MLP and Clone Wars.

Still I would rather watch this than Jersey Shore, man that show sucks ASS *that was in my best AVGN impression*! I would watch this over most of the live action garbage that the Disney Channel tries to feed everybody these days. dry.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

I am proud of this topic. And the maker of this topic.

- Vinyl Scratch

Love you too, Blue Wisp. <3

Also, I just did some research on this show. It's been going since 2005 and I've only been aware of its existence for a few weeks?

2005? Damn. I figured it was '08 or at the least '07. It must not have aired on CN until then.

So I decided to see how long the sound effects between each other took in that episode I linked. Highest I got was 5 seconds. I'm dead fucking serious.

The first season aired on WB Kids in 2005 before it went under. It was actually not that bad and quite funny. THEEEEEN It started to air on Cartoon Network and started sucking...

Pretty much. It was very good on the WB, seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 and 4 decent as well. These were the episodes on the WB. After the CN reruns came, they created a new season. It was downhill from there. It started out pretty good, but quickly went down from there. Especially with the constant recycling of the plot. AND THEY REPLACED DUKEY'S VOICE ACTOR GOD DAMNIT!

But yeah, Seasons 1 and 2 are the best. They're the ones with the original theme song.

Spoiler: It's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5XqS-zjRo

Edited by Cola

When I was your age we had Johnny Bravo, not Johnny Test. This show is amazingly bad and I was ready to troll up this thread until I read it. How it has survived for so long I'll never know, not the worst show on CN though

• Thumbs Up 3

When I was your age we had Johnny Bravo, not Johnny Test. This show is amazingly bad and I was ready to troll up this thread until I read it. How it has survived for so long I'll never know, not the worst show on CN though

I watched Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Courage, etc. Johnny Test has nothing on those shows, but like I said, the older Episodes that were aired and written before CN picked it up for new episodes in Summer 2011 are good. The first few new ones were decent, the, it went straight downhill. And Like I said, changing Dukey's voice actor officially makes the show horrible. It's sad, too. The original show was pretty good.

Season 5 is shit, that's all I'm saying.

Edited by Cola