Gaming Misfit

Johnny Test

I watched Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Courage, etc. Johnny Test has nothing on those shows, but like I said, the older Episodes that were aired and written before CN picked it up for new episodes in Summer 2011 are great. The first few new ones were decent, the it went straight downhill. And Like I said, changing Dukey's voice actor officially makes the show horrible. It's sad, too. The original show was great.

Season 5 is shit, that's all I'm saying.

I never saw it back when it was on WB. I just knew about it up until a few months ago and I was not impressed. I guess I could watch older episodes on YT though

I used to like this show back when I was 11. And as I started growing older And spending a lot more time on the internet, I started noticing that the show was getting a lot of hate. At the time I hadn't watched Johnny Test in a couple of years so I decided to watch an episode, convinced that it will be as good as I remember it.

But boy was I wrong. Animation is shit. Storylines are recycled. Jokes are horribly unfunny and fall flat on their fucking faces. Characters are annoying and unlikeable. Heck even the theme song sucks now. What was so wrong with the old one?!

Overall Johnny Test is one of those things that I liked before but can't stand now.

Okay what happened here CN. you got some good shows(Regular show,adventure time and Gumball. Yes i said Gumball.) But compare them to shows back a few year Like Code lyoko. God i loved that show. It was one of those rare times for me when i am enjoying a cartoon now.(or in this case anime.)Epic,Funny and just downright enjoyable for anyone.(in my opinion at least. that new show thundercats i haven't seen yet but it looks epic.) What happened to the Cartoon of cartoon network. I don't know what Cartoon network is anymore. We got dumb reality shows like Dude what would happen, hole in the wall, destroy build destroy. Hey remember that rip off of cash cab but with a rollercoaster? Or that ghost hunters for kids show. Yea hilariously like 4 or 5 episodes in they got cancelled. Wonder why? And What about Toonami. where are the shows for the anime fans? I can't tell what is with the place now. You got the serious dark shows and the horrible cartoons like this and sidekicks.(Don't even get me started on mad!) Everything in the middle varies. The sad thing is almost half of these shows on the network good or bad will get scrapped soon. I like how they show the old shows in the mornings but they really just need to draw inspiration from them in order to come up with new stuff. Hell even look for inspiration from stuff on nick like spongebob.(although that's starting to go downhill, even though most episodes i laugh at...Poor squidward.)

Also i know that JT was bought by cn but still they could have used that money for better shows imo. Though the older episodes were okay at best.

Oh and if you want me to list the problems i see with this show here i go:Story for each episode is random and to fast for my taste,Design of show is atrocious, the characters are not really special. they really don't stand out to me. especially minor characters. The way they try and put pop. culture in the show is also bad,THEIR TO FREAKING LOUD! The jokes lose they're welcome really fast.(not that they're even funny) also voice actors are just annoying when they talk.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I have decided to watch some of the older episodes from the first few seasons: My conclusion. Meh. IMO the show still doesn't stand out to me much, it's still not quite that funny, although it isn't terrible. All in all, original JT is better than the newer, but not all that great. Good I suppose, but not great.

It's a shame to see it go downhill though! The show could have been better had they changed some things (mainly the humor). Plus the animation changed so drastically. The "extra" characters (people in crowds and what not) don't look so bad in the first few episodes, but soon we see a HUGE decline. My lord, it's awful. Their heads are so mis-shaped it frightens me.

I don't like it because I am old.tongue.gif

Honestly do you remember your siblings or father telling that the shows used to watch were crap and they had better in their day? My Dad did everytime I use to watch Pokemon. dry.gif

Yes I do. I remember when I used to browse online when i was 6 or 7, people who were about our age now would hate on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Nowadays, I see mostly praise.

Tastes change through generation. Back in the 90s people called our cartoons "gross-out trash." Nowadays, we see cartoons as lazily written and not taking enough risks to get crap past the radar.

Very funny you mention that, since nobody in any generation ever admits to acting like the parents of the last generation. To think, years from now, people will be hating on cartoons playing and saying stuff like "We want Johnny test back!"

Oh the horror... I'm staying off the internet when the new generation are adults.

It was Okay when it was on Kids WB. I never really watched it on CN because I got over the cartoon phase, but I did see little bits of it when I was up in Kentucky because my Step Brother had it on.

Good GOD is it horrible now!

Eh. I've seen some of the episodes (I think most of them are post-season 2). It's OK, not great, but not downright terrible as some of the other shows that were airing at the time. I'm unaware of the series going downhill, though. It might have to do with Cookie Jar Entertainment taking over production after it went on hiatus when Season 1 ended (speaking of which, season 1 originally started with traditional animation and was produced/distributed by Warner Bros. Television).

I do think that the first title sequene is MUCH better, though.

EDIT: Just watched what I think is a recent episode. Holy crap. I didn't even smile throughout the entire thing, I actually ended up facepalming through one scene, actually. And as the episode progressed, I actually ended up predicting what would happen next. Man, it's like scriptwriters these days forgot how to write humor (let alone write jokes that are actually funny) and not recycle plot premises. Also there are also bits of the animation that makes no sense (i.e. it shows someone getting hit by water ballons and running gradually offscreen down a road, but the animation of the water splashing against them is recycled-they don't even shrink the water animation, considering the fact that the person is moving away from the scene). And the overuse of sound effects is an understatement-there wasn't an scene in the entire episode that you could hear the characters talk without any music or sound effect blaring in the background. Cookie Jar, I am dissapoint.

Edited by Ananze

Here's an episode from season 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TYpLcdJ9o-U

It's personally my favorite episode smile.gif

Holy crap, that's a lot better than the recent episodes! Both Animation and writing wise.

On another note, Dukey's voice change is very very noticeable. Funny though, since, while Dukey's voice actor has been changed for Season five, the original voice of Mary in Season one has reprised her role in Season five. Weirdly though, according to wikipedia, she isn't reprising her role of Sissy. Instead her replacement for both Mary and Sissy, is voicing Sissy instead.

.... why did I look all that up? Anyway...

For comparison with the season one episode, here's a part of the first episode of season five.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=873nway8PKw

Compare and contrast.

EDIT: Another little tidbit I just noticed. Mary and Sissy's voice actress in Seasons 2-4(2-5 in Sissy's case) is Asleigh Ball who bronies might know as Rainbow Dash and Applejack in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I thought her playing Applejack and Rainbow Dash was impressive but... damn. She's got some serious voice range.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who realizes what a waste of a time slot this show is. Hate this show with a passion and it amazes me that it shares the same channel that shows such gems as Regular Show and Adventure Time.

And DAMN, I hate that dog.

Oh thank goodness, I thought this would be the second case of the ponies where everyone but me liked it.

...This sort of thing seems to be a common trend...

Anyway, as I've stated, I am not a huge fan of this show. I've only seen the stuff on Cartoon Network, and I can't say anything positive about it. It falls flat in literally every regard. The animation, the drawing and shading quality, the visual style, the writing, the characters, and everything else. It is easily the worst thing currently running on Cartoon Network in my opinion, and that is saying a lot. I can not understand how anyone can watch this, let alone enjoy it. I wasn't aware that it existed before it was aired on Cartoon Network before I read it here, but from what I can tell it isn't enough of an improvement for me to consider it good.

Oh my god I hate this show. I saw a bit of it back in '08 when Cartoon Network Australia started airing it, and good lord was it shite.

This is like a shitty webcomic brought to life and made into a cartoon, with ideas stolen from other shows like Dexters Laboratory, Jimmy Neutron and Johnny QUEST (you know, with the sisters and their science BS). It's unfunny, incredibly stupid, the characters never shut up and it's just plain awful. It makes me wonder how shit like this gets 5 seasons, and yet stuff like Adventure Time and Regular Show struggle to keep ratings.

I understand the name was wrong, but it wasn't an egregious error as, once again, everyone knows exactly what show I'm talking about regardless. It annoys me when I or others are corrected on the Internet for minor typos and spelling mistakes like that because it's an environment in which they naturally run rampant. For the most part I believe context should win out unless there's absolute confusion about what someone means, as it prevents attitudes from flaring up and accusations of being a Grammar Nazi from being tossed around.

Also, I think I have a bit of reign to comment on such things regardless of your mood, mostly because yours isn't the only one sour now. =/ If you want to talk about your troubles over PM though, we can.

Edited by Nepenthe

I understand the name was wrong, but it wasn't an egregious error as, once again, everyone knows exactly what show I'm talking about regardless. It annoys me when I or others are corrected on the Internet for minor typos and spelling mistakes like that because it's an environment in which they naturally run rampant. For the most part I believe context should win out unless there's absolute confusion about what someone means, as it prevents attitudes from flaring up and accusations of being a Grammar Nazi from being tossed around.

Also, I think I have a bit of reign to comment on such things regardless of your mood, mostly because yours isn't the only one sour now. =/ If you want to talk about your troubles over PM though, we can.

One of the worst cartoon's ever. I think the animation quality is atrocious as well. It's like a horrible attempt at making a rip off of Dexter's Lab, with a touch of Scooby Doo (talking Dog, that looks retarded). And why the fuck are cartoons so poorly drawn nowadays! The cartoons that I grew up showed effort from the artist, shit on now looks like they only spent 2 minutes making a blocky box character and then giving it some animation...

You obviously didn't grow up with UPA cartoons then. Seriously, just do a Google Image search and see that characters made of extremely simplified shapes isn't a unique or inherently negative phenomenon.

And... Scooby doesn't look retarded. ;_;

Ah, this show. I can't claim to hate it, since the few episodes I've seen weren't terrible or anything, but it holds a special place in my heart (?!) as one of the most unappealing-looking cartoons currently on air. Everything about its visual style screams cheap and derivative, and I'm hard-pressed to imagine even very young children not noticing. I vaguely recall channel surfing a few months ago, flipping back and forth between Johnny Test and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, my mind utterly boggled at the vast gulf in production values. It was like walking down the street and seeing a wooden shack next to a skyscraper.

I don't think I've seen any episodes from the early pre-Flash seasons (I'd heard about that happening to the show before coming into this thread, though I don't remember from where), so I'm kind of curious about how much better it actually looked then.