Awoo.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Blue Wisp

Space-Ghost-tv-03.jpg

Some of you may remember the above characters. Space Ghost, Moltar and Zorak. And if you didn't well, you suck, because you had at least heard the name Space Ghost at least once in your life.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast was basically Hanna-Barbera's parody on talk shows from the 60's and spin-off of the original Space Ghost show, known for reused animations that actually worked 98% of the time. And Zorak. I'M EGYPTIAN.

The show premiered on April 15th, 1994 on Cartoon Network, this show is known for becoming the starting point for Adult Swim. Another thing that's famous of this show is that this is CN's first show to reach 100 episodes, Aqua Teen Hunger Force became the second show to break the 100 episode mark.

So yeah, anybody else heard about this show or I am the only one that heard about it?

I'll leave you an episode here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYsNyIV5_-U

- Vinyl Scratch

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 5

My favorite episodes would have to be Flipmode, where SG and Busta Rhymes get high on gas fumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGX6c7CMfQ

And the 30 minute episode Fire Ant guest starring Conan O'Brien.

Space Ghost: Hold on a second, Conan. Moltar? This ant has come back from the dead. It must be one of those self-repeating, immortal Franken-ants.

Moltar: It's probably just another, different ant.

Space Ghost: A second ant? No, no. It's his brother avenging the death of his twin! It's his twin brother!

Conan O'Brien: Really?

Space Ghost: I'm gonna follow him home. Kill his whole family.

This is an awesome resource for Ghost fans: http://snard.com/sg/

Episode transcripts, articles, history, etc.

Edit: This is currently on my desk at work:

ixyc5.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Funny show.

I also remember an older version of this show (not the superhero series) he was still doing interviews but in a different place. They had Brak instead of Moltar. Can anybody refresh my memory?

It was alright. The first episode I saw was the one placed at the end of the VHS release of The Mask.

Brak was the best thing to come out of the show and he's really the only thing I can recall about it. Funnily enough, I've seen more episodes of the actual 60s Space Ghost cartoon, and I remember that even less.

Oh god, I loved this show. This was the main reason I got into Adult Swim. This and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I think my favourite episode was the one where Space Ghost gets a "sea monkey" called Banjo which grows to enormous size and tries to kill him and Zorak. And the best part was that WEIRD AL YANKOVICH was the guest for that episode. I've got a clip right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRPpAqQvOss

BANJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

I love that ep, but thought weird al was a weak guest. IMO the better/funnier guests are the real straight type people who aren't trying to be hillarious, it then eventually becomes way funnier.

oh and beck.

The pipes ep is probably my favourite. Or the one where they crack all the windows open?

are you getting enough oxygen citizens?

god i loved this show

the theme is now stuck in your head, fuuuuu nostalgia'd so hard

IMO the better/funnier guests are the real straight type people who aren't trying to be hillarious, it then eventually becomes way funnier.

Brak was the best thing to come out of the show and he's really the only thing I can recall about it. Funnily enough, I've seen more episodes of the actual 60s Space Ghost cartoon, and I remember that even less.