Awoo.

T-Min

On the opposite end of the spectrum from Johnny Test, we have the well-written and hilarious Johnny Bravo. As usual, I'll let Wikipedia do the talking for me:

Johnny Bravo is an American animated television series created by Van Partible for Cartoon Network. The series stars a muscular beefcake young man named Johnny Bravo who dons a pompadour hairstyle and an Elvis Presley-like voice and has a forward, woman-chasing personality. Plots typically revolve around him trying to get a woman that he has targeted throughout the episode to fall in love with him. He is often beaten up or stunned by his target or companions, or is ditched by them in the end.

One of the most surprising things about Johnny Bravo is that no one, at least around me, seems to really remember it amongst the memories of Courage and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. Only my brother has fleeting memories of the Christmas special, and that's about it.

Regardless, I remember it well and enjoyed it because it was just so damn funny. Even the later seasons where they introduced the diner and made Johnny that much more stupid weren't bad. Hell, one of my favorite episodes is from that era, when he was kidnapped by the alien women and Carl endeavored to rescue him. I like it if for nothing else than the Braveheart parody I like quoting: "They can take our bagpipes...but they'll never take our makeup!!!"

But yeah, cool show. I miss it. Also, did anyone else find the little girl just fucking annoying sometimes? =/

Easily my favorite cartoon of all time (sorry ponies, you're #2 :() just so much lulz that came out of JB, it's unbelievable how much this show made the day worthwhile even if it was a shitty day. I miss this show so much.

Johny Bravo was hilarious, one of my favorite shows ever. It even got my dad laughing, and he doesn't even like cartoons.

Both Christmas specials were some of my favorite specials of anything ever (up there with the E, E, n E xmas special).

Overall, I remember waking up in the morning and watching this. Its a brilliant show, I miss it and all, but I think it ran its course fully.

I've always loved Johnny Bravo, and it was easily my favorite of CN's original Cartoon Cartoons. Who doesn't like a lovable loser and would-be ladies' man? Johnny was tremendous fun, and I miss his antics.

Oh yes, this show. The memories. While not my favourite Cartoon Cartoon, I did watch this show and love it. biggrin.png Sadly, my mind's a bit fuzzy on it.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Loooved this show when I was little, and I got the first season on DVD at the beginning of last summer. Any word of later seasons being released?

I was just watching an episode of it yesterday, and my little brother wanted me to change the channel.

Kids these days need to burn in Hell.

• Thumbs Up 7

Haha, you sound like an (violent) old man, SuperClassic.

I loved this show as a kid, I also liked the pop-culture references, like the episode that was a Star Trek parody, there was the Scooby-Doo crossover and I only just now noticed the Back to the Future reference in the intro.

One of my all time favorite cartoons! My dad really likes it too. Personally I think when they began with season 2, the show got even more funnier compared to the first season (which still wasn't bad in my opinion).

• 2 months later...

Yes! This show was super funny. I like it way much more than Johnny Test. He was a Elvis Presley, Fonzi and uhhh forgot who else put together. Brilliant cartoon!

It's hilarious that Johnny has the body most of us guys dream we had yet none of the ladies wanted him. Then again, seeing how much of an idiot he is can you blame them? lol

Eagerly awaiting the traditional viewing of this show's Christmas special! Both of 'em. The one where Johnny knocks Santa out, and the other, longer one where they travel North to deliver the letters.

Eagerly awaiting the traditional viewing of this show's Christmas special! Both of 'em. The one where Johnny knocks Santa out, and the other, longer one where they travel North to deliver the letters.

I FUCKING MISSED THIS LAST YEAR

MY ANGER COULD NOT BE CONTAINED

NEVER AGAIN

The Donny Osmond one is my favorite Christmas special ever and if I miss it again so help me god I will steal Christmas

• Thumbs Up 3

I use to love this show, though when it had a revamp and added characters like Carl and Pops, it went downhill for me. He hardly went for women after this, more emphasising his stupidity.

Anyway, we all remember the Adam West episode? Pure genius!

I loved watching it a long time ago. Though a lot of the time I felt so sorry for him the way the women would beat him up so bad. And yes I did find that little girl really annoying most of the time. I did however like that she had a crush on Johny, that was cute.

HU HA HU!

I FUCKING MISSED THIS LAST YEAR

MY ANGER COULD NOT BE CONTAINED

NEVER AGAIN

The Donny Osmond one is my favorite Christmas special ever and if I miss it again so help me god I will steal Christmas

Can't say I avidly watched the series, but I loved what I saw. Shows with consistently tragic endings for the main character like Ed, Edd and Eddy and Dexter's Lab always left me feeling bad for the main character, but the slapstick humor is made all the funnier by how Johnny seems so oblivious and resilient about it even while getting beat up like Wile E. Coyote is always funny and refreshing. He's basically every person on Jersey Shore doing what I want to see happen to every person on Jersey Shore.

I also have to say I really love Johny's screams in the series, the deep and shrilly ones. I know this is a very random point to bring up, but I think out of every cartoon scream I've heard he had the best, they were always funny.

That's just the first one I could find, but it still makes me laugh.

Edited by Skyward Dusk