Awoo.

A theory to explain Blaze's history

Koopalmier

But it didn't happen.

I know that doesn't justify why Blaze was in Silver's world/time to begin with, but I think the ending was Sega making a good enough excuse to just forget any of this ever happened.

I hate when people say that 06 didnt happen so its not good source. It didnt happen but we can get info from it. Example we know that Shadow does have inhibitor rings and can use them. He just didnt use them yet (after retckon)

It retconned itself out. Its part of the series, but not the continuity, meaning nothing that happened in this game holds any water at all.

Except she does. She was introduced in the handheld continuity so obviously she does exist. Rivals & Rush are canon to the handheld continuity, not the main console one. They both probably follow two completely different timelines just like how the Zelda series follows two timelines after Ocarina of Time.

He technically did meet him twice, but in two continiuities, one has nothing to do with the other.

I mean that she wont exist in main series continuity while she is in Generations. You know what I mean.

I mean that she wont exist in main series continuity while she is in Generations. You know what I mean.

Then this will probably be Blaze & Sonic's first meeting, if not, then I still got my alt. timeline theory.

Then this will probably be Blaze & Sonic's first meeting, if not, then I still got my alt. timeline theory.

Then I will laugh so hard if this game will retckon itself too :D :D :D

Then I will laugh so hard if this game will retckon itself too biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

It probably won't. That would be one hell of a coincidence then. That would be three different timelines and that sounds hectic.

It probably won't. That would be one hell of a coincidence then. That would be three different timelines and that sounds hectic.

Oh my God. When I think about it.

Then canon threads will swarm every forum out there. Series will be one big plothole.

I hate when people say that 06 didnt happen so its not good source. It didnt happen but we can get info from it. Example we know that Shadow does have inhibitor rings and can use them. He just didnt use them yet (after retckon)

Considering that not even Sega likes to talk about Nextgen, I doubt it's a good source.

Also, that's a tidbit of information about Shadow. On the other hand we're talking about the entire basis of a character. There's absolutely no way a random civilian of Silver's timeline can end up suddenly becoming princess of an alternate dimension AND protector of the seven Sol Emeralds in one day. Especially considering that Blaze's dimension wasn't made as she arrived, and the fact that if she would've been anywhere in a timeline, she would've been in Silver's, not Sonic's. It's not like put Iblis into her or something would've sent her into an alternate dimension and backwards in the timeline. Not to mention that if you considered Blaze's "death" in Nextgen to be her going to another dimension, it couldn't have happened anyways since Elise and Sonic went back in time to blow out Solaris, which in turn kills off Iblis' existence in the future.

There's so many holes in these theories that the only way to make it a rational thought is to forget Nextgen happened, just like Sega intends.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait. What exactly stops the Rush and Rivals games from not being compatible with the main series canon? We haven't even got an official comfirmation of multiple continuities/timelines. The Nega plotholes can still be fixed or explained.

Are you saying that even if Generations blatantly refers to either Rush or Rivals that you still won't consider them canon?

Edited by Neon

Wait. What exactly stops the Rush and Rivals games from not being compatible with the main series canon? We haven't even got an official comfirmation of multiple continuities/timelines. The Nega plotholes can still be fixed or explained.

There's so many holes in these theories that the only way to make it a rational thought is to forget Nextgen happened, just like Sega intends.
I dunno, it's kind of hard to roll with that when the game's got a level in Generations.
  • Thumbs Up 1

We haven't got a confirmation that the Rush & Rivals series are connected to the main games either. And it really how else would you explain the differences in back story for Nega in Rush & Rivals, alt. Timeline seems like the most logical explanation, especially if its indeed connected to 06.

Shouldn't the fact that they're there be enough? The games should really only branded as non-canon once they've been completely comfirmed as non-canon. Ala Chronicles.

I hope that Generations just fucking clears up this Rush/Rivals/06 fiasco once and for all. Or at least gives us indications on which games are canon and which aren't.

Edited by Neon

I hope that Generations just fucking clears up this Rush/Rivals/06 fiasco once

Shouldn't the fact that they're there be enough? The games should really only branded as non-canon once they've been completely comfirmed as non-canon. Ala Chronicles.

Even without confirmation, Chronicles is clearly not canon because it ends on a cliffhanger, meaning unless it took place at the end of the timeline, you can't place it anywhere in the series.

Things that are not canon should be obvious, like Knuckles` Chaotix.

Even without confirmation, Chronicles is clearly not canon because it ends on a cliffhanger, meaning unless it took place at the end of the timeline, you can't place it anywhere in the series.

Things that are not canon should be obvious, like Knuckles` Chaotix.

Knuckles' Chaotix, too, obviously. biggrin.png It's obvious that Chaotix isn't canon after Heroes. Most non-canon games can be highlighted by simply using common sense.

Edited by Neon

I dunno, it's kind of hard to roll with that when the game's got a level in Generations.

That's true, although it seems more like the fact that they have to acknowledge it, due to the fact that it was an anniversary title. That, and it's an excuse to turn a bad (but potentially good) stage into something actually good.

I hope that Generations just fucking clears up this Rush/Rivals/06 fiasco once

I hope that Generations just fucking clears up this Rush/Rivals/06 fiasco once and for all. Or at least gives us indications on which games are canon and which aren't.

We just have to wait for one moment. Moment where Blaze will mention Rush dimension. If she will do it then we will have confirmation that there is one Blaze. I hope writers will do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colours' writers did say they wanted a solid continuity between the games, now. I think there's a very good chance that they'll try to clear all of this up for us.

We don't need confirmation of the Rush dimension; it's been her backstory in literally everything except for '06.

• Thumbs Up 2

We don't need confirmation of the Rush dimension; it's been her backstory in literally everything except for '06.

We all know it. I mean that this will put end to 2 Blaze theory.

If you know it, then there's no need for speculating.

How? Even if this Blaze is from another dimension, that doesn't mean the other Blaze doesn't exist.

Note that I'm not actually defending the 2 Blaze theory as I believe it's a load of shit, but your logic just doesn't follow.

Wasn't it a ruined city?

Through what mechanics is she "reborn"? How is she erased yet not erased? And how is any of this backed up by the games?

Her spirit is transported to another world. That's all. And it's backed up by the fact, I don't know, there are two Blazes in the series and one of them was transported to another world while the other happens to live in another world ?

Either two things are the same thing, or two things are different things. The two Colorses are neither two different events nor one single event, so they can't both be true.

Are they?

They are alternate versions of a same event. Both are canon, just not with each other.

Colours' writers did say they wanted a solid continuity between the games, now. I think there's a very good chance that they'll try to clear all of this up for us.

They did ? Can I have a source ?

If they really did, then I can bet the next Rush, the next Rivals, or Generations, will fix the problem. But with Rivals 2 (and thus Rivals 1) and Rush Adventure (and thus Rush) being "canon" (not the SoA view of the canon, which is "events that have an impact on the overrall series") being canon according to Colors DS (with '06 obviously being canon), I think they'll fix that all soon enough.

AND NOW, LET'S ADD MARIO & SONIC AT THE WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES (DS) IN ALL THAT.

Edited by Koopalmier

Her spirit is transported to another world. That's all. And it's backed up by the fact, I don't know, there are two Blazes in the series and one of them was transported to another world while the other happens to live in another world ?

They are alternate versions of a same event. Both are canon, just not with each other.

They did ? Can I have a source ?

If they really did, then I can bet the next Rush, the next Rivals, or Generations, will fix the problem. But with Rivals 2 (and thus Rivals 1) and Rush Adventure (and thus Rush) being "canon" (not the SoA view of the canon, which is "events that have an impact on the overrall series") being canon according to Colors DS (with '06 obviously being canon), I think they'll fix that all soon enough.

AND NOW, LET'S ADD MARIO & SONIC AT THE WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES (DS) IN ALL THAT.

GOD PLEASE NO!

Blaze and Silver first canon met was probably Colors DS. ST just consider them partners and will probably make them partners in next handeld (Rivals-Rush handeld crossover???) game or main game if they will show up. I wouldnt mind one hint but HECK Lets recap:

-First in 06 obviously

-Then in Winter Olympics (Non-canon but show that ST consider them as partners)

-Then in Black Knight they star as Sir Percival (Blaze) and Sir Galahad (Silver). Acording to Arthurian legends they were companions.

-And now in Colors.

-Oh and one more. Its just small hint but after Sol_Silver post about cards in Rivals I browsed my collection in Rivals 1. Most of the cards there are divided in categories. 3 cards for each. Every card in category is connected to other 2 story wise in series. Such as badniks from one game in one and all forms of Metal Sonic in other.

ALL of them! Beside one. The last category in Silver costume card group is EGGMAN Nega, Silver AND Blaze. Its the only group where cards arent connected to each other Story wise. I mean they are but not in current timeline.

So yeah another hint.

Sir Galahad wasn't in the story. He and Lamorak were just multiplayer characters. That's hardly "starring".

There is no problem to fix. Blaze is from another dimension and that is all. She doesn't know Silver.

Sir Galahad wasn't in the story. He and Lamorak were just multiplayer characters. That's hardly "starring".

There is no problem to fix. Blaze is from another dimension and that is all. She doesn't know Silver.

I know that Blaze dont know Silver. I am just saying that Sonic Team consider them as partners.

It doesnt matter. When you see other evidence I dont think its just coencidence.

I know that Blaze dont know Silver. I am just saying that Sonic Team consider them as partners.

Edited by HUNTER297

You kind of need to know each other to be partners so that doesn't really make sense.

You kind of need to know each other to be partners so that doesn't really make sense.

It makes for Sonic Team. And isnt it point of thread :huh: