Awoo.

A theory to explain Blaze's history

Koopalmier

Silver is a Psychic Time traveler, maybe he cans feel when his Timeline changes, so when Nega go back in time to alter space-time continuum, Silver know he must intervene. Since Rush Adventure takes place in another dimension, there is no change to Silver Timeline, so he didn't go after Nega this Time.

My theory is, Sonic '06 is stupid and Blaze comes from an alternate dimension. End of story :V

lets see, since at the end of 06 she went to another dimension that means time can be different there, and she meets sonic there for the first time (time wise). time can change when you travel dimensions. making 06 act as a prequel/sequel to rush. with 06 explaining how exactly blaze got there.

You are aware that Sonic Team proved the "transition theory" is incorrect and that Blaze has always been from the Sol Dimension, right?

You are aware that Sonic Team proved the "transition theory" is incorrect and that Blaze has always been from the Sol Dimension, right?

They proved absolutely nothing against the transition theory. In fact they proved just the opposite by having Blaze reference both realities multiple times in several games since 06.

A few exec's simply swept the 06 variant under the rug an proclaimed the Rush variant as the one worthy of our attention.

Didn't Rush came out before 06?

Anyway, yeah, Sega is pretty much damn focused on the Rush Universe for Blaze's Origins, best to just toss wipe out the 06 stuff and let it rot forever in the infernal pit of despair.

Now Eggman Nega however, that's a different story. Sega messed his origins up way more than Blaze, at least Blaze we got official word of mouth from where she is, but we got nothing on Nega.

They proved absolutely nothing against the transition theory.

Yes they did - they said Blaze never hailed from Sonic's future, and has always been from the Sol Dimension. If Blaze was never from the future to begin with, the transition theory simply cannot happen. And this is Word of God - you can't refute that.

In fact they proved just the opposite by having Blaze reference both realities multiple times in several games since 06.

Because Blaze's off-hand comment in an anniversary title contaning references to almost every Sonic game ever now counts as "multiple times", apparantly.

A few exec's simply swept the 06 variant under the rug an proclaimed the Rush variant as the one worthy of our attention.

And in doing so, sad "Blaze never went from the future to the Sol Dimension". Thus proving the transition theory to be shit. And BTW that "few execs" was Iizuka.

Now Eggman Nega however, that's a different story. Sega messed his origins up way more than Blaze, at least Blaze we got official word of mouth from where she is, but we got nothing on Nega.

When they confirmed Blaze's backstory, they also stated that Nega is Eggman's descendant from the same time as Silver - hence his Rivals backstory (not his Rush one) is canon.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Ah okay then, still a tad confusing on the nogging but whatever, I'll go with it.

Anyway Sega gotta really think twice about the some of the story stuff they do and what/who goes where.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Yes they did - they said Blaze never hailed from Sonic's future, and has always been from the Sol Dimension. If Blaze was never from the future to begin with, the transition theory simply cannot happen. And this is Word of God - you can't refute that.

We've gotten sketchy word of god statements before... just sayin.

And I'd be re-missed if I didn't state that we were never proven anything. We were simply told that Rush was the legit canon (outside of a game to boot) and expected to trudge along with that line of thought. There is nothing present in any game which refutes or disproves some sort of connection between 06 and Rush and in fact there is a little bit of evidence to swing that train of thought into the opposite direction.

Because Blaze's off-hand comment in an anniversary title contaning references to almost every Sonic game ever now counts as "multiple times", apparantly.

When I say multiple, I mean multiple.

On top of that mess in Generations, lets not forget that Colors DS threw its hat into that ring as well by having Blaze's extended dialog mention both Marine, and having her remember working with Silver in a very Elise-like fashion.

On their own, maybe that's just a continuity nod, or maybe a lampshade joke, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to not point out a trend here.

Iizuka tells us one thing, but he seems okay letting a merging of 06 and Rush's backstory continuously leak its way through these games.  He's having his cake and eating it too.

And I'd be re-missed if I didn't state that we were never proven anything. We were simply told that Rush was the legit canon (outside of a game to boot) and expected to trudge along with that line of thought. There is nothing present in any game which refutes or disproves some sort of connection between 06 and Rush and in fact there is a little bit of evidence to swing that train of thought into the opposite direction.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but are you're saying that you'll always stick by a disproven theory, even when supplementary material disproves it, until time and resources are spent making an actual game that disproves it?

The transitional theory was disproven by saying Blaze never came from the future. Just like how if you turn off a current of electricty then an applance will stop running, by saying Blaze was never from the future to begin with means that Blaze never went from the future to the Sol Dimension because she never was from the future to start with.

There is no connection between 06 and Rush besides characters, and even if there was meant to be a connection at some point, for all intents and purposes it's been dropped now.

When I say multiple, I mean multiple.

On top of that mess in Generations, lets not forget that Colors DS threw its hat into that ring as well by having Blaze's extended dialog mention both Marine, and having her remember working with Silver in a very Elise-like fashion.

On their own, maybe that's just a continuity nod, or maybe a lampshade joke, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to not point out a trend here.

To start with, Colours DS isn't even canon. Second, that is more than likely a Continuity Nod, not a statement of "'06 happened".

Thirdly, more profiles for Blaze (such as her SSBB trophy, Olympic profiles, Riders profiles etc.) use her Rush backstory. So there's two sources besides '06 supporting Future Blaze compared to ~6-7 supporting Sol Blaze.

By that logic, her Rush backstory should be her canon one by virtue of being the one most used.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but are you're saying that you'll always stick by a disproven theory, even when supplementary material disproves it, until time and resources are spent making an actual game that disproves it?

Not quite. The situation makes this one rather unique.

If Iizuka were telling us one thing, and stuck to those guns, then I would be happily content to take those words at face value. However that’s not the case. Iizuka lorded over both Generations and Colors DS and they both seem to want to have 06 Blaze = Rush Blaze in some shape or form. Compounded with the track record of word of god in this series, I find it a bit hard to swallow what Iizuka is telling us when the games he’s releasing after making such a definitive claim openly dispute precisely what he had said.

Something’s gotta give. If the game’s he’s releasing continue to pursue this line of thought, then I have to lend it some credibility, even in the face of word of god. He’s telling us one thing, and doing another… repeatedly. He’s either trolling the fanbase for nothing more than his own amusement, or there is something there. Why else go out of your way to make references to 06? Even in a fanbase hungry for continuity – its not the smartest move a producer can make.

The transitional theory was disproven by saying Blaze never came from the future. Just like how if you turn off a current of electricty then an applance will stop running, by saying Blaze was never from the future to begin with means that Blaze never went from the future to the Sol Dimension because she never was from the future to start with.

This is an entirely different situation though. This is more like the electric company’s boss coming to your house and telling you that he’s switching you off conventional power in favor of solar power. If you look at your bill the next month, and notice that you’re getting charged for both conventional and solar electric, something the cable man is telling you isn’t adding up. Sure he told you that one thing was the case, but his words when put into action seem to relay a different message.

Telling us and showing us are two different things… especially when they repeatedly seem to want to show us that Blaze is from both realities. Crap dosn’t add up. If Iizuka told us one thing, and Sonic Team let that ride – then this wouldn’t be an issue at all. But it's not, so here we are.

There is no connection between 06 and Rush besides characters, and even if there was meant to be a connection at some point, for all intents and purposes it's been dropped now.

Dropped? Maybe, but I’m not so sure.

Blaze has appeared in 3 story modes since her Rush days and in 2 of them she has been connected to both 06 and Rush in the same game. The third was Black Knight… so if we may ignore Percival that’s 2 for 2.

No game has made any attempt to clarify any connection between 06 and Rush, but both titles where she was relevant seem to imply that something is there. Sonic Team is batting 1000 on that front. Dropped? More like they won’t let it go – which is amazing considering how little screen time she has gotten since Rush.

06 was buried in a landfill somewhere, but now there is a half rotten corpse sticking out of the ground. They just can't stop poking at it.

To start with, Colours DS isn't even canon. Second, that is more than likely a Continuity Nod, not a statement of "'06 happened".

Eh, on its own I might be persuaded to agree with you… but stuff is piling up over here. Sonic Team knows full well they F’d up the timeline with 06, and they still keep going back to the well.

… and Colors DS canon status was marred by word of god too… some people would argue that it fits the canon better than the Wii version of the game, but I guess that’s a discussion for another topic. Either way, Iizuka was the head man on that game too, and canon or not, he wouldn’t have let that slide if he didn’t want it there.

Thirdly, more profiles for Blaze (such as her SSBB trophy, Olympic profiles, Riders profiles etc.) use her Rush backstory. So there's two sources besides '06 supporting Future Blaze compared to ~6-7 supporting Sol Blaze.

By that logic, her Rush backstory should be her canon one by virtue of being the one most used.

Using my imagination a bit here, but under the transition theory there is nothing to say that the Rush back-story can’t still be legit. Thanks to space-time essentially being clusterf*cked, there isn’t much standing in the way of someone penning both 06 and Rush as being legitimate backstories for Blaze at the same time. Thus fitting in to what the games seem to be peddling and all the Rush backstory bio’s we’ve been getting.

All those extra bio’s could possibly still be 100% accurate, even if you came to conclusion that she originated from 06. That is completely possible. The transition theory doesn’t have to be an affront to Rush Blaze, it can be a supportive precursor to it.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

He’s either trolling the fanbase for nothing more than his own amusement, or there is something there.
They don't care. There's no answer beyond "they done fucked up". Who knows why they've slipped some oblique reference to '06 in with Blaze once or twice, but considering that years of arguments on our side, and years of incompetence and apathy on their side, have failed to produce any answer, I don't see any point in giving a shit about it.

They don't care. There's no answer beyond "they done fucked up". Who knows why they've slipped some oblique reference to '06 in with Blaze once or twice, but considering that years of arguments on our side, and years of incompetence and apathy on their side, have failed to produce any answer, I don't see any point in giving a shit about it.

and I can relate with that. If they don't want to fix it, they can continue this song and dance ad infinum and never give two craps about the repercussions.

I'm just saying, as things stand, if you want to use word of god as the ultimate de-bunker for transition theory, its not as full-proof as one would think.

P.S. Having just drawn a pic of Shantae, I feel I am qualified to say this, but your Avatar is horrifying. I can't put my finger on it but that is Nightmare fuel to the n'th degree right there ^^ lol

Edited by Sega DogTagz

We use it as the ultimate debunker because (aside from the sheer absurdity and nonsensical-ness of the theory) that's all we have. It shows how much Sonic Team doesn't really care about it.

Not to mention we don't have any other Words of God yet contradicting the initial one.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

We use it as the ultimate debunker because (aside from the sheer absurdity and nonsensical-ness of the theory) that's all we have. It shows how much Sonic Team doesn't really care about it.

How many times do the games need to play with the issue before we start talking about it as a clear possibility?

I've seen enough to perk my interest, but I am curious to know your number... or would you just stick to word of god until absolutely positively shown otherwise?

Word of God is like the laws of physics for a fictional series - unless you are within a position to say what does and does not happen in a series (which you're not) and unless there is another statement that contraticts it, you cannot POSSIBLY argue against it.

If Sonic Team says that Sonic is the fastest thing alive, then unless another statement later on contradicts it, Sonic is the fastest thing alive.

If Nintendo says that the Koopalings are not Bowser's kids, then unless another statement later on contradicts it, the Koopalings are not Bowser's kids.

If Sonic Team says that Knuckles Chaotix is non-canon, then unless another statement later on contradicts it, Knuckles Chaotix is non-canon.

If Sonic Team says that Blaze is from the Sol Dimension, then unless another statement later on contradicts it, Blaze is from the Sol Dimension.

you cannot POSSIBLY argue against it.

I'm not so much as arguing against it, rather than watching Iizuka discredit his own statement and pointing at the resulting fallout. If Iizuka said Sonic was green instead of blue, and the games continue to depict him as blue, then clearly something is wrong. If he says Rush is the canon backdrop, but keeps throwing the 06 canon a bone, then I'm not arguing with the word of god, he's contradicting himself. God's not getting his story straight. 

This would be completely different if he would simply let sleeping dogs lie and stop poking at it with a stick.

Who's saying that it's Iizuka "throwing '06 a bone"? It could be anyone else. And all supposed "evidence" for Blaze being from the future amounts to nothing more than "nudge nudge wink wink" continuity nods that say "remember when this was a thing". There's been practically no real major proof of Blaze being from the future since '06.

Also, as I keep telling you, the games using Blaze's Rush backstory more often than her '06 backstory are enough to support Iizuka's claim.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Who's saying that it's Iizuka "throwing '06 a bone"? It could be anyone else. And all supposed "evidence" for Blaze being from the future amounts to nothing more than "nudge nudge wink wink" continuity nods that say "remember when this was a thing". There's been practically no real major proof of Blaze being from the future since '06.

Also, as I keep telling you, the games using Blaze's Rush backstory more often than her '06 backstory are enough to support Iizuka's claim.

As the guy in charge, I have to hold him accountable for some percentage of the final product. That's why he gets the big bucks. If he was so intent on solidifying Blaze's Rush backstory that he needed to come out and publicly say so, then I find it laughably absurd that he would let the writers get away with what they did. Once can be ignored, but twice is establishing a trend. If he was so intent on climbing a pedestal to make a claim (how many times do producers go out of their way to do that in this series?), the least he could do was look to see if his writing staff was depth charging his speaking platform. Shoot, nods to 06 should send up red flags right off the bat.

and the number of times they utilize the Rush backstory amounts to jack squat because the 06 timeline does not automatically refute the Rush timeline from being true as well. They can co-exist hence the name transition theory.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I should point out that the most recent game to suggest Future Blaze was Sonic Generations. That came out in 2011.

Iizuka stated that Blaze was from the Sol Dimension in 2012. One year later.

This means that if he didn't already try to keep Blaze's backstory consistent before, then he's going to do so now. If a later game happens to have a reference to Future Blaze, no matter how insignificant it may be, then he doesn't care, and Sonic Team doesn't care.

and the number of times they utilize the Rush backstory amounts to jack squat because the 06 timeline does not automatically refute the Rush timeline from being true as well. They can co-exist hence the name transition theory.

Except (as I've told you for like five times already) by stating Blaze is from the Sol Dimension and not the future, the transtion theory CANNOT POSSIBLY HAPPEN. Where is Blaze going to transition from if she's not from the future? Heck, how and why would she transition into the Sol Dimension if Iblis doesn't exist in the same time and world as her?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I should point out that the most recent game to suggest Future Blaze was Sonic Generations. That came out in 2011.

Iizuka stated that Blaze was from the Sol Dimension in 2012. One year later.

This means that if he didn't already try to keep Blaze's backstory consistent before, then he's going to do so now. If a later game happens to have a reference to Future Blaze, no matter how insignificant it may be, then he doesn't care, and Sonic Team doesn't care.

Not caring in the future is a hollow excuse. If he cared enough in the present to provide a definitive answer, as opposed to being non-committal or shrugging it off, then I'd have to imagine that his future behavior needs to remain consistent for his words to carry any weight.

Your just setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy here. Were we can ignore future evidence.

You don't just wake up in the morning and decide which directives are important to you, and those directives shouldn't drastically change in the short term. There is no established consistency here, and if the next game Blaze is in so much as breaths a word about 06, then we're still sailing in the same boat.

Except (as I've told you for like five times already) by stating Blaze is from the Sol Dimension and not the future, the transtion theory CANNOT POSSIBLY HAPPEN. Where is Blaze going to transition from if she's not from the future? Heck, how and why would she transition into the Sol Dimension if Iblis doesn't exist in the same time and world as her?

II'm saying your taking this way too literally. 06 erased itself from the timeline. Any way you look at the current set up of the time space continuum, Blaze would be ORIGINALLY SOURCED FROM THE RUSH DIMENSION. That's true under both the Rush canon and any transition theory. The transition isn't something that "happens" so much as a factoid you can keep in the back of your head.

Blaze isn't "from" the future because that game didn't happen. None of that changes.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Not caring in the future is a hollow excuse.

Maybe, but an excuse nonetheless. And a viable one with Sonic Team's current level of storytelling.

II'm saying your taking this way too literally. 06 erased itself from the timeline. Any way you look at the current set up of the time space continuum, Blaze would be ORIGINALLY SOURCED FROM THE RUSH DIMENSION. That's true under both the Rush canon and any transition theory. The transition isn't something that "happens" so much as a factoid you can keep in the back of your head.

Blaze isn't "from" the future because that game didn't happen. None of that changes.

Except that Iizuka's words implied that no transition (literal or metaphorical) took place. The way he said it, Blaze was naturally born in the Sol Dimension, and there was never a point in the timeline, pre-or-post '06 erasing, where Blaze was from the future.

And also, even at the end of '06, nothing affects Blaze's presence in the future. Unless Solaris is responsible for Blaze's existance in the future (he isn't), then Blaze should still exist there. You talk like Solaris's defeat magically removes Future Blaze and replaces her with Sol Blaze.

Maybe, but an excuse nonetheless. And a viable one with Sonic Team's current level of storytelling.

And that's a scapegoat... but an effective one at that. laugh.png

Except that Iizuka's words implied that no transition (literal or metaphorical) took place. The way he said it, Blaze was naturally born in the Sol Dimension, and there was never a point in the timeline, pre-or-post '06 erasing, where Blaze was from the future.

He would have to have been mighty intricate and careful with his words to even remotely imply something so specific. There isn't much stopping Blaze from being born in the Sol dimension, even under a transition theory. If he were to state that Blaze grew up in the Rush universe, and 06 never existed or happened, by all accounts he'd be right. even under transition theory.

We wouldn't happen to have a transcript of that comment sitting around anywhere would we?

And also, even at the end of '06, nothing affects Blaze's presence in the future. Unless Solaris is responsible for Blaze's existance in the future (he isn't), then Blaze should still exist there. You talk like Solaris's defeat magically removes Future Blaze and replaces her with Sol Blaze.

Well, now I'd have to dig into fannon territory to answer that.

Before I go off the deep end on that front, I would like that state that I imagine if you implode a deity of timespace - I'm pretty sure that gives a savvy or creative writer every excuse in the book to rewrite the laws of time space to suit their whims.

Now then, if you were to take 06 as a base, and claim that Blaze was at the wrong place at the wrong time, or her little trick at the end of Silver's story jacked something up, or any number of god knows how many excuses someone can pull out of their bum ranging from cop-out to glorious to utter blasphemy and back again, you could tie Solaris into this if you had half a mind to so. He well could have been the "link" that reset Blaze's place in the cosmic order. Anything is possible thanks to the way that game ended. Dang near everything is on the table.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

He would have to have been mighty intricate and careful with his words to even remotely imply something so specific. There isn't much stopping Blaze from being born in the Sol dimension, even under a transition theory. If he were to state that Blaze grew up in the Rush universe, and 06 never existed or happened, by all accounts he'd be right. even under transition theory.

We wouldn't happen to have a transcript of that comment sitting around anywhere would we?

He said something along the lines of "Blaze is from another dimension. Everyone had amnesia in '06". Whether the ones with amnesia are the characters or the writers, who knows. But his words and plain logic seem to imply Blaze was naturally born in her world the same way you and I were born into this world, the end. No cosmic, over-complex time rewriting bullshit.

As it stands, Blaze in '06 came about because of some grievous error on the writers' part and is a mistake that should be ignored. Since '06 is canon in some form (be it a split timeline ala The Wind Waker or a main series game that hasn't erased itself from the continuity) thanks to Generations, then the simple thing to do with regards to Blaze is to either imagine '06 without her, or

When you think about the latter, it seems... pretty fuckin' plausible.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

As it stands, Blaze in '06 came about because of some grievous error on the writers' part and is a mistake that should be ignored. Since '06 is canon in some form (be it a split timeline ala The Wind Waker or a main series game that hasn't erased itself from the continuity) thanks to Generations,

Then I guess we’re in a holding pattern for now, until we get to see of they stick to their guns or continue to retread.

then the simple thing to do with regards to Blaze is to either imagine '06 without her, or

When you think about the latter, it seems... pretty fuckin' plausible.

That’s an idea, but its not without its holes.

-Under that theory, the test of friendship would make no sense. Mephilies' minions would not defend an empty box and the townsperson issuing the mission (the bishop I think) wouldn’t have a grounds to do so. He even quantifies it by stating that the mission was to test Silver’s friendship and upon completion, comments that Silver must value his friends. He knew she was there.

-Blaze filled in Silver about why the townspeople where in a frenzy after he got back from time-skipping with Shadow.  Imaginary friends can’t fill you in on information you weren’t present to grasp.

-Blaze was warped to an alternate location by Mephilies. If Silver was so needy for companionship, why would he separate himself from his only friend? If I had an imaginary friend, I don’t know how I would lose track of him or her.

- Silver speaks of his world as if there are other survivors. It would also explain why he didn’t flip his shit when he first meets Mephilies, who if he were truly alone, would only have been the second person he’s ever met.

-Silver has a strong sense of Justice. I’m pretty sure that would be impossible to develop unless there was some kind of societal structure somewhere or some semblance of law. Hero’s gotta protect somebody.

-Blaze’s biographical info in that game mentions she’s a pyrokinetic in a world full of psycokinetics. That would technically be true if the world was limited to Silver, but I highly doubt he was the one responsible for teasing her for it.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Your just setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy here. Were we can ignore future evidence.

Your mistake is in thinking there's any evidence.