Awoo.

A theory to explain Blaze's history

Koopalmier

Your mistake is in thinking there's any evidence.

Trends are trends. I call em as I see em

That’s an idea, but its not without its holes.

-Under that theory, the test of friendship would make no sense. Mephilies' minions would not defend an empty box and the townsperson issuing the mission (the bishop I think) wouldn’t have a grounds to do so. He even quantifies it by stating that the mission was to test Silver’s friendship and upon completion, comments that Silver must value his friends. He knew she was there.

-Blaze filled in Silver about why the townspeople where in a frenzy after he got back from time-skipping with Shadow.  Imaginary friends can’t fill you in on information you weren’t present to grasp.

-Blaze was warped to an alternate location by Mephilies. If Silver was so needy for companionship, why would he separate himself from his only friend? If I had an imaginary friend, I don’t know how I would lose track of him or her.

- Silver speaks of his world as if there are other survivors. It would also explain why he didn’t flip his shit when he first meets Mephilies, who if he were truly alone, would only have been the second person he’s ever met.

-Silver has a strong sense of Justice. I’m pretty sure that would be impossible to develop unless there was some kind of societal structure somewhere or some semblance of law. Hero’s gotta protect somebody.

-Blaze’s biographical info in that game mentions she’s a pyrokinetic in a world full of psycokinetics. That would technically be true if the world was limited to Silver, but I highly doubt he was the one responsible for teasing her for it.

Again, it's AN idea and not THE idea, but I'll take a shot at this (spoiler'd due to off-topicness):

- How the villager could have control over Mephiles's minions at all is one question, but maybe the "friend" in question is NOT Blaze, but rather the Earth itself. It is represented through the non-existant Blaze as a symbol. Or maybe the villager makes a box and says "Blaze's in here" and Silver's nutty enough to believe it. Or maybe the box was never there to begin with.

- Silver's psychic, he may have subconciously read a few minds and interpreted it through Blaze. Granted, I don't know off the top of my head if Silver CAN read minds, but if he can't, then a random townsperson told him and he saw them as Blaze.

- Momentary confusion by Mephiles because... he's a dick and likes to temporarily block imaginary friends. Wave Ocean either never happened in any form or it was just Silver imagining what she may be up to (and subconciously wrecking shit up. Imagine how the Egg Gunners would report their situation to Eggman).

- If one wishes to get morbid, they'd likely be the ash-preserved corpses of Iblis's attack. He'd interpret their (assumedly) frozen faces of fear as misery. Also, he says they "never answer directly, but they always point to the flames". Rigor mortis, that. Again, the theory works around Silver (at least on the verge of) being insane. It's likely that he thinks the number of people are in at most the low double digits (when really it's the lowest single digit), hence not flipping his shit when seeing Mephiles. He'd probably be a bit surprised, but only in his head.

That or Mephiles uses some mind powers.

- His justice would be self developed. It's possible his parents (before dying) gave him the mindset of "Iblis = bad". Or he found out for himself by experience/scavenging remains of libraries.

- He gives the backstory to "Blaze". The idea is that:

Real Blaze comes to Crisis City > Meets Silver (he thinks she's native) > Silver learns she's not native > Blaze leaves > Over time, Silver imagines Blaze stayed, then that she was always in his world.

Silver may have learned a few inklings of Blaze's past (being teased, mostly) and developed the rest from there. It's possible that, as a psychic himself, he imagined Blaze as being teased by other (nonexistant) psychics so as to make him feel more heroic and good. Essentially, Blaze is part of his hurt/comfort fic, only it's (in his head, anyway) real.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, it's AN idea and not THE idea, but I'll take a shot at this (spoiler'd due to off-topicness):

- How the villager could have control over Mephiles's minions at all is one question, but maybe the "friend" in question is NOT Blaze, but rather the Earth itself. It is represented through the non-existant Blaze as a symbol. Or maybe the villager makes a box and says "Blaze's in here" and Silver's nutty enough to believe it. Or maybe the box was never there to begin with.

- Silver's psychic, he may have subconciously read a few minds and interpreted it through Blaze. Granted, I don't know off the top of my head if Silver CAN read minds, but if he can't, then a random townsperson told him and he saw them as Blaze.

- Momentary confusion by Mephiles because... he's a dick and likes to temporarily block imaginary friends. Wave Ocean either never happened in any form or it was just Silver imagining what she may be up to (and subconciously wrecking shit up. Imagine how the Egg Gunners would report their situation to Eggman).

- If one wishes to get morbid, they'd likely be the ash-preserved corpses of Iblis's attack. He'd interpret their (assumedly) frozen faces of fear as misery. Also, he says they "never answer directly, but they always point to the flames". Rigor mortis, that. Again, the theory works around Silver (at least on the verge of) being insane. It's likely that he thinks the number of people are in at most the low double digits (when really it's the lowest single digit), hence not flipping his shit when seeing Mephiles. He'd probably be a bit surprised, but only in his head.

That or Mephiles uses some mind powers.

- His justice would be self developed. It's possible his parents (before dying) gave him the mindset of "Iblis = bad". Or he found out for himself by experience/scavenging remains of libraries.

- He gives the backstory to "Blaze". The idea is that:

Real Blaze comes to Crisis City > Meets Silver (he thinks she's native) > Silver learns she's not native > Blaze leaves > Over time, Silver imagines Blaze stayed, then that she was always in his world.

Silver may have learned a few inklings of Blaze's past (being teased, mostly) and developed the rest from there. It's possible that, as a psychic himself, he imagined Blaze as being teased by other (nonexistant) psychics so as to make him feel more heroic and good. Essentially, Blaze is part of his hurt/comfort fic, only it's (in his head, anyway) real.

Ah, okay then.

But all that does hinge on both Mephi and Silver gaining a few mental based abilities and Silver being so far off deep end that he's super-imposing his imaginary friend over other people. Thats a special kind of crazy right there, lol

Also, the Bishop never met Silver before. He would had to have know that he was toting an imaginary friend around and convinced Silver that she was in mortal danger. Silver might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but really ^^

Nice back and forth we had going there for a little while ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So, I read this on the internet somewhere but did Blaze at any point anytime in any Sonic media EVER say "If I ever take my coat off the fire demon sealed inside me will go out of control" Or something like that? Because then it would mean that Ibis is still sealed inside her so 06 might be cannon, again I just read it on the internet somewhere.

Nowhere has Blaze ever talked about her coat, let alone it releasing a fire demon if she took it off.

In fact, she's never said anything about having some sort of monster in her before or since '06.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I've seen scans of all her appearances in the comics prior to Worlds Collide (and I know this supposed info predates that) and nowhere does she lose her coat causing shit to go down.

Instead she had her necklace removed and she attacked not because it was important in keeping her fire powers under control, but because it was practically theft.

Well in one of the comics she was captured and she said her cloak was removed and so she burned everything, but I think she was just angry. :P

No, it wasn't her cloak. It's also clearly a coat, but that's beside the point.

About Nega..

Nega is Eggman from the future. White hair from old(er) age, makes up different backstories and motives to mess with everyone's heads, and Eggman has proven to know his ways with time/dimension travel and work with himself from the past (Generations). He could've also over time gone completely nuts, thus making him go from bombastic and childish, to calm and cold.

Yes that is pure speculation from my end and I don't care. It works. :v

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky

Iizuka's confirmed that he's Eggman's descendent from Silver's future, not a cliché AU or anything else.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Personally, I support the one Blaze theory. It keeps things simple and we don't have to try and establish which timeline is canon. Also, I think it's just SEGA releasing the games in the wrong order. 06 Blaze is sealed with Iblis in the Sol Dimension, but 06 gets rewritten. Blaze was a part of 06, but because she ended up trapped in a different dimension, I guess her whole backstory and personality changed, Same goes for Nega.

Except that Iizuka said that Blaze never hailed from the future. Ever. No retcons or anything. For all intents and purposes, she was never in '06.

I don't think you understand me.

Blaze is established in literally every other game as being from the Sol Dimension since birth. There's no meta stuff involved. Her appearance in '06 is one of many plotholes. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "seal us into a different dimension" was thrown in at the last minute when someone realised "oh shit, we used the wrong backstory" and it was all a scramble to salvage continuity.

And if she was from the future, then it asks a lot of questions:

• How did she become princess of a whole dimension?
  • How did everyone trust her with their most important cosmic keystones?
  • Why does she not mention seeing Sonic before?
  • Why does she not mention Silver at all?
  • Why does she not mention Iblis at all?

I don't think you understand me.

Blaze is established in literally every other game as being from the Sol Dimension since birth. There's no meta stuff involved. Her appearance in '06 is one of many plotholes. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "seal us into a different dimension" was thrown in at the last minute when someone realised "oh shit, we used the wrong backstory" and it was all a scramble to salvage continuity.

And if she was from the future, then it asks a lot of questions:

• How did she become princess of a whole dimension?
  • How did everyone trust her with their most important cosmic keystones?

Simply put, she was reborn when she came to the other dimension. And Sonic06 might had taken place before Sonic Rush.

...what evidence is there to suggest a rebirth? Nowhere is Iblis or dimension travel or anything said to do that. And if that's the case, then you'd think Iizuka would mention it. Because being in a previous life at all is kind of an important detail to know.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can't be transferred to another dimension as a teenage cat and be reborn a baby cat, the best way to look at it is something like a split timeline, 1 where 06 happens and 1 where sonic visits the festival and then moves on ( the ending) and even that way of looking at it is flawed.

Basically blaze is from the sol dimension, she NEVER was from the future, NEVER net Silver or knew anything of him or Iblis. Not in any of her 9 lives. Of that there is no question unless Izukia states otherwise.

Edited by Jolt_TH

No, it wasn't her cloak. It's also clearly a coat, but that's beside the point.

Fine then Mantle, I just read it...

It's just a theory, and this franchise has done crazier stuff without logic. But wither Blaze is from the future or not is up to you. This franchise is so flawed, that nothing seems canon.

Because she knows that they're memories were rewritten and so she telling them wouldn't make sense.

Edited by doctorwho13

It's just a theory, and this franchise has done crazier stuff without logic. But wither Blaze is from the future or not is up to you. This franchise is so flawed, that nothing seems canon.

Except that Sonic Team have been reaffirming the Rush origin is the canon origin. And the whole rebirth thing is just grasping for straws.

Because she knows that they're memories were rewritten and so she telling them wouldn't make sense.

And she knows this because? And she doesn't tell them about her friend and true origin because? And she doesn't mention the big fire monster inside of her because?

I'd imagine that she would have mentioned something, even in her internal monologue about sonic rather than going "who is this sonic guy?" If she had the memories she wouldn't have wondered who he is to herself.

Silver would probably still exist, just in a nice future.