Awoo.

Presence of Mind N64 Homebrew Competition (1998 and 1999)

Cola

Well, I was on Google, searching for ways to overwrite the ROM files on Genesis carts when I came across a Wiki article on the Doctor V64, a development and backup device made by Bung Enterprises that is used with the Nintendo 64 console. The article piqued my interest, and as I read it, I came across the following paragraph:

In 1998 and 1999, there was a homebrew competition known as "Presence of Mind" (PoM), an N64 demo competition led by dextrose.com. The contest consisted in submitting a user developed N64 program, game or utility. Bung Enterprises promoted the event and supplied prizes (usually Doctor V64 related accessories). Though a contest was planned for 2000 the interest in the N64 was already fading and so did the event. POM contest demo entries can still be found on the Internet.

Edited by Cola

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cola

• SHAX Hedgefox

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember seeing a Doctor V64 for sale on ebay once....

That intro is incredibly trippy. It makes me wonder how he did it, and where he got the models for that guy from.