• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• JezMM

• Doctor MK

• Sean

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, what. I don't remember any at all - they were all conveniently shoved into the night stages.

How can platforming even work in the Wii version? Sonic controls like a racecar.

Then he controls like a rocket in the 360 version. If anything, the controls are so much looser in the 360 version.

Edited by OvErLoRd

I think a few people may not have grasped the true intention of this topic...

It's not meant to be a "Sonic Unleashed on Wii is a great game!" or "is Sonic Unleashed better on 360 or Wii?" topic, it's meant to be a "are you glad it came to the Wii?" and "do you think they'll continue with multiplatform releases?" topic.

The game's quality shouldn't really enter into the equation. It's more the principle of SEGA releasing the game on both the 'next-gen' consoles and the less powerful Wii that should be the discussion point here.

As I stated in the original post, I was glad it came to the Wii because I'm a big fan of Sonic and the thought of not being able to play his next big game saddened me. I don't really care if the Wii version had a few less levels and downgraded graphics - none of that was a big surprise. What matters is that SEGA bothered to release a Wii version of the game (and a unique one at that), full stop.

I read it, but I was replying more to the recent posts in the topic.

It wouldn't have bothered me either way if Sega had released the game on the Wii PS2, so no, I'm not particularly happy for it. The most I've been impressed with for a PS2 Sonic game was the original Sonic Riders. I bought the game because I felt like having a good time-killer, but the fact of the matter is that there are other games I'd rather get (but cannot) and there are other games I'd rather seen on the system, like Disgaea 3. Sonic's not even in my top 10 favorite game franchises (at least not anymore), so Unleashed being restricted on the 360/PS3 wouldn't have made a difference to me. It wasn't a total waste of money like Kingdom Hearts II was, but it's not something I would miss if it weren't there.

Edited by Sailor Jakey

The game's quality shouldn't really enter into the equation.
I don't think that's true. As someone with only a Wii, if the Wii version is still a solid game, then yes, of course I'm glad they're making a Wii version. But if they're halfassing it and only doing it to pick up extra sales from casual gamers and stupid kids, then I'd prefer that they didn't bother.

I don't think that's true. As someone with only a Wii, if the Wii version is still a solid game, then yes, of course I'm glad they're making a Wii version. But if they're halfassing it and only doing it to pick up extra sales from casual gamers and stupid kids, then I'd prefer that they didn't bother.

Sorry, I worded it wrong.

I didn't mean to say "don't care about the quality whatsoever", I meant "don't let it become the main point of your argument". This topic isn't for comparing how good or bad the game is against the 360 version, really.

Your point is a well made one though.

The thing about the Wii version that bugs me is how stripped-down it is. Not just the graphics, not just the amount of junk in the levels, but they removed two whole continents. Mazuri was nothing more than a boss and Empire City doesn't exist at all. I understand that the Wii is weaker than the other two, that it can't handle as much, but if this is the kind of strategy they've got for multiplatform Sonic games, we of the Wii are going to get screwed over, and hard.

Ditto.

Also, I know the Wii version was 'the throwaway version' compared to the 360/PS3 one, but I don't like how overly shoddy and incomplete it felt as a game. Even someone who didn't know that the HD version existed could notice that something wasn't quite right. I know I say this every time I mention the Wii version, but clicking around a picture of a map to talk to still images of people shouldn't be something that a home console game can get away with in late 2008. Handheld RPGs can just about be excused, but a home console game? Who are they trying to kid?

Oh, and needless to say, I almost wanted to cry when one scene had me fighting cardboard cut-outs (well... still images) of enemies via a QTE. That's just shoddy. Seriously, in terms of presentation, Unleashed Wii is about a hundred steps backward from Sonic Adventure. You can't even turn the camera, for crying out loud.

Still, yeah. I suppose at least it's there. It's certainly better than nothing. Considering they practically made two versions of the game is fairly impressive, when it would have been so much easier and cheaper to just focus on the 360/ PS3 version and cut costs by leaving Wii owners in the dark. Then again, that said, they know that the Wii version will outsell the 360/ PS3 by shedloads regardless of quality, so maybe it was in their best interests to do so.

Say what you will, and I'm by no means saying it's an awful game, but I still can't help but stand by my opinion that Unleashed Wii is the 3D Sonic game I enjoyed the least. The game itself is fun enough, but the overall feeling of it being shoddy and incomplete just dragged the whole experience down for me. But like I said, I suppose at least the Wii version's there.

Edited by Mahzes

• 2 weeks later...

Both versions are quiet good

Although I would say the wii version has a higher rating than 360 ps3 is because it has lower standerds (No affence to wii fanboys)