Awoo.

Plothole in Shadow the Hedgehog

Soniman

I cant find a picture of it, but in a cutscene in ShtH, featuring the President, there was a photo of Sonic and Shadow posing in front of the White House after saving the world from "tyranny and annihlation".

Ny question is, when the heck was that picture taken?

The only candidates are Battle and Heroes.

Battle is out since it takes place after Shadow's game (he has his memories there), and call me crazy but Shadow played a pretty small role during the fight against Metal Overlord (and that fight was pretty secluded from the mass populations of humans unlike the last two final fights).

So, either its a plot hole or Shadow is a glory stealer.

ShtH is basically a plot crater, considering the terribly executed branching storyline, so it's best to just ignore the details.

• Thumbs Up 6

Where was it stated that ShTH takes place immediately after Heroes ended? Any amount of time could have passed between the two games during which that picture was taken, and it seemed pretty obvious to me that the President was referring to the events at the end of SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

The same events that led to Shadow "dying" making it impossible for him to be in that photo?

What I find amusing about that photo is not just the fact that Sonic and Shadow perhaps agreed to have their photo taken together but the fact that if you look at the back of it, you can see "SEGA" printed multiple times, as if they're the photo developer XD.

Basically what Blue Blood said. The photo could've been taken at any time between Heroes and Shadow.

Another thing is that parts of the game are non-canon. For instance, there are eleven different endings, ten of which are fake, with the final ending being the true, canonical one. That cutscene may indeed be non-canon, or more likely, it just took place between SA2 and SH or SH and ShTH.

The same events that led to Shadow "dying" making it impossible for him to be in that photo?

*sigh* I'll make it simpler. Here are the events, in order:

1. Shadow is bad guy.

2. Sonic and Shadow save the world.

3. Shadow dies.

4. *Sonic Heroes starts*

5. Shadow is alive again.

6. *Sonic Heroes ends*

7. Picture is taken.

8. Black Arms invade Earth.

9. The cutscene with the President and the photo happens.

Get it? Sonic and Shadow saved the world in SA2. Some amount of time later, after Heroes but before Black Doom came along, that picture was taken. Eesh.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'll take a wild guess and say that the "tyranny and annihilation" that the President of the United Federation is referring to are the events of Sonic Adventure 2; the tyranny being Eggman's attempt to seize and rule the country via extortion, and the annihilation obviously being either Eggman's firing of the Eclipse Cannon or the posthumous Final Hazard attack plan of Gerald's.

Now of course that photograph could not have been taken directly after said game, as Shadow was still in stasis in Lava Shelter (and presumably dead to everybody else), so it must have been taken between the events of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Just because the photograph was taken so long after the fact doesn't mean it wasn't taken for that very accomplishment. I mean, if one of the two guys to single handedly save your country and the entire world was presumed dead, and then discovered alive some amount of time later via some sort of miracle, I'd think you'd probably go out of your way to congratulate the fellow whenever you had the opportunity to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

I say ignore it like everything else in the game.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It seems very odd to me for Sonic and amnesic Shadow to pose for a picture. It's obviously not impossible, and if I had to come up with an explanation that's what I'd go with...but it seems very odd.

^Damn that's another question, why would Shadow attend a ceremony for something he doesn't even remember he did.

I wonder what else the president has photoshoped Sonic and Shadow doing. Actually, no I don't.

Am I the only one who saw the picture and thought "no big deal, their just trying to move the story along with a visual reference to both characters." Similar to those episodes of spongebob when he looks back at old pictures of him and patrick hangin' out. There were only 2 of them there so who took those pictures?

I just think people think too hard on these things.

Similar to those episodes of spongebob when he looks back at old pictures of him and patrick hangin' out. There were only 2 of them there so who took those pictures?
  • Thumbs Up 2

>He had amnesia at the time so there's no way that he remembered just what exactly he was being congratulated for at the time of the photograph being taken anyways.

Okay, on second thought, I think Ekajira's got the most believable answer here.

Edited by HunterTSF

>He had amnesia at the time so there's no way that he remembered just what exactly he was being congratulated for at the time of the photograph being taken anyways.

Okay, on second thought, I think Ekajira's got the most believable answer here.

Pr"Good Job Sonic and Sonic!"

Sh"Why am I here?"

So"No, I'm the only Sonic! His name is Shadow."

Pr"Oh. Are you sure? All right then. Good job Shadow."

Sh"I don't understand, oh candy. Ok. Continue as you were."

Gary.

So he took the Sonic and Shadow pic? I guess that might explain it.

Edited by Chaos Walker
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's more disturbing that the president has a picture of two underage, naked boys on his desk.

• Thumbs Up 6

TzxY0.png

Just thought I'd pop in and show the picture ripped for reference.

Edited by Chaos Walker

I think it's more disturbing that the president has a picture of two underage, naked boys on his desk.

• Thumbs Up 1