Awoo.

Kid dies after parents...

vgmaster

...deny him water after wetting the bed.

It's recently been revealed that a 10-year-old Texas boy,Jonathan James, died in July because his father and step-mother deprived him of water for five whole days in the midst of a 100+ degree heat wave.

Surprised that this isn't as popular as Casey Anthony. mellow.png

Edited by vgmaster

Wtf? I hope those parents spend the rest of the their days rotting in prison. Better yet execute them. People like these make me sick to my stomach.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Wow, what a way to start my day. people like these just make me angry. Also, RIP Jonathan James.

I was under the impression humans could only survive 3 days without water. This is just messed up though. These parents must have had something physically wrong with them in the head. Literally. Both for punishing a child for a normal, natural habit, and by doing it so extremely.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

*sigh*

Jeez, the stupid shouldn't be aloud to reproduce. We should treat them like dogs and castrate them, although dogs are smarter than them.

Still, after reading that it was in texas, I wasn't suprised for some reason. Every american show I've ever seen seems to imply that people from Texas and the south in general are...lacking intelligence.

I couldn't possibly comment on whether that's fair or not.

What is it with Texas and parents killing their children...?

There are idiots in Texas just as there are idiots everywhere else on the planet.

• Thumbs Up 7

Jesus Christ not another child death case from Texas. I am getting the fuck out of this shithole and moving somewhere more pleasant like Colorado.

No, they didn't do it because they're from Texas.

Edited by Gartocer

In addition to this, they also forced him to stand in an un-air-conditioned room with his twin brother, Joseph -- by the window so the sun would beat down on them. According to Joseph, the day Jonathan died, he had peanut butter stuck in his throat, but their parents "still wouldn't let him have water" to wash it down. Joseph, who was extremely close with his brother, stood there and watched his twin die because he was scared the same thing would happen to him if he tried to help. He heart-breakingly said, "I wanted to do something, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t do nothing because I would get in trouble.”

One is tempted to speculate just what was going through the parents' minds. Surely at least one of them must have realized this would result in death? I am happy for the fact that the parents are in jail, likewise in await for the awkward excuse of an explanation that will be coming out of their sorry mouthes.

What do you think should happen to Jonathan's parents?

I think they should be sentenced to never be allowed any private moment with children ever again. If they really did care for this boy and just acted out of pure ignorance and stupidity, I would like to think some of the punishment will be served by themselves through all the thinking and regret.

Jeeze. May the angels treat this boy nicely ...

• Thumbs Up 7

Its stuff like this that make me wonder why I even live in this damn state.

Poor kid....As if I don't hate humanity enough as it is, this makes me sick.

Edited by Silverfang

This makes me really sad because of my own personal problems (yes I), but to dehydrate their kid because he had a nighttime accident is beyond stupid, granted reduce fluid take at night but not to the point of dehydration that's just stupid.

What stupid, stupid parents. dry.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is the type of thing that deserves a triple facepalm. Just because you're deprived of water, does not mean you won't pee still. This is not a case of manslaughter: This is a case of murder. The parents should have known better.

• Thumbs Up 6

This is a really horrific new story. Those are extremely ignorant and idiotic parents. Children wetting the bed is a common thing. It is no big deal at all. A child wets the bed, you simply just clean it up and that's all there is to it. Making a child not drink water isn't going to stop a child from wetting the bed, you need water for your body. Those parents must have not been paying attention in science class. This doesn't deserve a triple facepalm, more like a quadruple facepalm.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm facepalming more from the implication in many of these responses that the parents did this because they live in Texas rather than the actual story itself.

• Thumbs Up 7

I did not realize the following until now.

In addition to this, they also forced him to stand in an un-air-conditioned room with his twin brother, Joseph -- by the window so the sun would beat down on them.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw this in the Metro newspaper today. Needless to say, it's disgusting and I'm glad the parents are locked up. What a sick punishment. The poor lad had his whole life ahead of him.

What makes it worse is that the parents moved his fainted body to the bathroom and put him into a bath full of cold water and told doctors he had been trying to cool down after falling ill. >_< Clearly they knew what they did was wrong.

Edited by Shadzter