Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

I think he sounds more like Sam Riegel.

Then again, a lot of those "I'M A QUIRKY COMICAL MALE ANIME CHARACTER WOOoooo0OOAAAH" voices do tend to sound somewhat similar to me.

I think so too. ...though...honestly, Lowenthal would have been the better choice. X_x Dear lord...

Am the only one who thinks this game is a bit....simple? I mean there's nothing wrong with that as it makes it accessible to everyone, but at the same time it doesn't look like it requires a lot of skill at least compared to Arksys other two fighting game series.

Am the only one who thinks this game is a bit....simple? I mean there's nothing wrong with that as it makes it accessible to everyone, but at the same time it doesn't look like it requires a lot of skill at least compared to Arksys other two fighting game series.

They've taken out a few complex motions but it's no less complicated (in a good way) than something like Blazblue, from what I can see. Hard to say for sure without playing it though, but it's not going to be a Smash Brothers.

Here's a video from the SBO qualifiers. featuring the Aigis from hell. Doesn't exactly look easy or shallow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oET3kvKGJqY

Pretty sure it's actually Tracey Rooney that voices her. Her voice reel (she even talks about her friend Yukiko Melissa) distinctly sounds just like Chie.

Really? Figures that website would be wrong again. I should really stop going there. The fact that they referred to the game as "Perusona 4" should have tipped me off. lol

So a tournament happened a few days ago; there were about 100 participants, too. For those that haven't been checking out the Japanese scene, or for those that just want to see more of the game there are some pretty great matches in here to check out.

Some casual matches, starts around 2 hours in:

http://www.twitch.tv...ner/b/317160714

Tournament link:

http://www.twitch.tv...ner/b/317175058

It's kind of late, but I noticed something in Yu's story mode teaser.

The small scene where he was conversing with Yosuke seemed a little strange. And when Yosuke makes that facial expression, something is definitely wrong.

And there might be an explanation of why the P3 characters have their evolved Persona and the P4 cast don't. (Including Teddie, where he SHOULD because his was definitely canon.) Maybe their Social Links were broken somehow?

http://www.atlus.com/p4arena/

Official English Website is now fully open. Includes info about various skills and characters and more. It's not complete yet, though.

Story section states:

Two months after the ending of "Persona 4"-

The protagonist and his friends encounter a new case!

The "bizarre, serial murder case" that caused quite a disturbance was solved and peace returned to Inaba. But that only lasted for so long. During the Golden Week after the Protagonist and the others entered their third year of high school, a new rumor begins spreading in town. The rumor speaks of a mysterious program that comes on if you look into a turned off TV on a rainy night. The name of that program is the "P-1 Grand Prix". It's a fighting program where high school friends fight against each other to the bitter end. When the protagonist and others watch this program, they see Teddie on screen declaring the beginning of the show.

"May the manliest of all men come on down!"

And with that, the participating challengers are introduced. But what appeared were their selves with botched up catch phrases. Could this program be a mischievous prank by Teddie!? Around when the program began though, the protagonist's friends go missing one after another. On top of that, they cannot get in contact with Teddie who was on TV. The members of the "Investigation Team" realize this is an abnormal situation and they dive into the TV once again to solve the case.

What could this mysterious program be...?

I like how the whole mystery approach is still prevalent. Seems like the story could be pretty good.

Edited by Hiro Kageyama

• 3 weeks later...

E3 Trailer.

Final Release Date is August 7.

Oh hey, Chie's new voice doesn't sound half bad. I like it actually.

and for some reason, Atlus has confirmed an option to switch the voices to Japanese. So for those who hate Teddie's new voice, you're in luck!

Edited by Hiro Kageyama
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to miss Troy Baker, but I'm perfectly content with Teddie and Chie's new voices. Hell, I actually prefer Chie's new voice.

Huh? Sounds like he's still Kanji to me.

Really? I dunno, he sounds a bit off in that trailer.

Also, is it just me, or does Aigis sound different here?

I'm going to miss Troy Baker, but I'm perfectly content with Teddie and Chie's new voices. Hell, I actually prefer Chie's new voice.

he could just be hamming it up Kanji style.

[media=]

Nah, its still Karen Strassman.

[media=]

sounds like the same voice actor, but she just changed it up a little since P3 I guess...

It's strange, but aside from Johnny all the English VA's have higher tones for the characters in comparison to the original Persona 4. Aren't they supposed to be a little older now?

It's strange, but aside from Johnny all the English VA's have higher tones for the characters in comparison to the original Persona 4. Aren't they supposed to be a little older now?

its only been two months.

Yeah true, but even so their voices are a little higher than they used to be.

Not that it matters much, I kind of like them better that way.

TUTORIAL FIGHT! TUTORIAL FIGHT!

-er...I mean, a new advance controls tutorial video.

On a side note, Mitsuru's voice <3

Edited by Lester the Court Jester

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY WE HAVE CHARACTER TRAILERS!

Yu (Protagonist/Hero)

Yosuke

Because of the media limit, you'll have to go to their channel to watch the Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, and Naoto trailers.

Edited by Lester the Court Jester

I saw Kanji's video.

The name of his Ultimate Attack is The Man Series: Brofist

Greatest. Attack. Ever.

JESUS CHRIST!

Ha! Just like Atlus to give us another game with a huge-ass total play time, even if it is a fighting game. Persona 4 Arena has a story mode that covers the events after the RPG Persona 4, says game director Kazuhisa Wada in a recent post at the P4 Arena official blog. According to Andriasang, the total play time for this story mode clocks in at 30 to 40 hours! And unlike normal fighting game story modes, this one features writing from the Persona team, and will come complete with full voice acting.

Those with good eyes will see some of the new story bits in the new trailer, above. Some of this looks very interesting! I can't wait to see how they mix the characters of Persona 3 into Persona 4's world and story.

http://www.destructo...de-230542.phtml

• Thumbs Up 4

MORE CHARACTER VIDEOS!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Akihiko...

There's also one of Aigis, so feel free to check it out!

Edited by Dr. Soos

So I heard you guys like more videos.

Some English videos from Gamespot, which also came with a small article.

Yosuke vs. Kanji

Yu vs. Shadow Labrys

Some clips of Aigis' story mode:

wait a minute...

P3S.png

Is this supposed to be the Persona 3 team?

P3S2.jpg

I took a stab at the silhouettes to see; I think its Aigis all the way on the far right but i'm not sure. I wonder who the other characters are, as there are definitely more than there should be.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb