Awoo.

Should Tikal return?

Soniman

She hasnt made a story appearence since SA1, and I would personally like to see her again.

I always thought it would be nice see her discovering the many advances of the modern Sonic world to the point of almost being overwhelmed.

What do you think?

I never recalled her dying at all, all she did was go into the Master Emerald along with Chaos to keep him sealed

Living people don't appear as floating balls of light. She's dead, man, she sealed her spirit with Chaos X-thousand years ago and floated up to the afterlife at the end of SA.

I never recalled her dying at all, all she did was go into the Master Emerald along with Chaos to keep him sealed

Yet she appears throughout the game as a tiny, pink spirit ball, indicating that she is a ghost of some form and the fact that her sacrifice occured over 1,000 years ago.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dio.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

I just thought they went back into the Master Emerald, if Chaos' reappearence Battle is canon anyway.

Edited by Soniman032-

I'm not too keen on the idea of Tikal returning in person, but I'd love to see her referenced again. Maybe there could be a statue of her in the next set of echidna ruins to show up (Generations' Sky Sanctuary? tongue.png), or Knuckles could recite her awkward mantra again like he did in SA2. I always loved that moment.

I think that Super Sonic's story gave Tikal complete closure and that disturbing this closure by bringing her back would be a little...jarring. Not to mention Tikal got all the focus she ever really needed throughout Adventure and that bringing her back would potentially take focus away from other characters who require it more.

So no, I don't think Tikal should be brought back. I don't even see why she should get cameo appearances with the exception of being mentioned in passing whenever the subject of Chaos or Knuckles' ancestors comes up because she had an instrumental role in the histories of both.

I just thought they went back into the Master Emerald, if Chaos' reappearence Battle is canon anyway.

Yeah...both her and Chaos dissappearing into a light at the end of Adventure only to somehow whind up back inside the Master Emerald.

This is one of the reasons why I think Battle's canocity is questionable at best.

The only reason any character should appear is if they're going to actually contribute to the story thats being told and not just be brought in for the sake of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tikal was the Chip/ Yakker/ Merlina/ whoever else there was of that game. Just better by 100 times.

Personaly, I liked Tikal enough to want to see her come back for at least a small reference. Re-inserting her into the modern day plot sounds iffy unless someobody can come up with something really good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Battle is probably canon but Chaos appearence shouldnt even be brought to discussion.

What he did there? Standed waiting for battle. ST just wanted to make another char. because it was fighting game.

About Tikal. Well she appeared in SA1. She did her role there. I dont see a reason to bring her back. She was one-shot character like Chip or Yaker (But she was much better IMO) and wont be used again.

I would like to see a reference to her story (and Chaos's) if Knuckles ancestors or their history are involved in plot.

Other than that... New Sonic Fighting Game maybe???

Other than that... New Sonic Fighting Game maybe???

She's a pacifist, even moreso than Cream!

Meh, her story got done with Adventure very clearly, and now she's passed onto the next step of life. Am I the only one who dislikes her as a character and therefore wouldn't want her back even if the former was not the case? Her stance actually annoyed me, as well as her being annoying by blocking the way of Knuckles in EVERY. SINGLE. STAGE. At least Chip had the decency of cutting it out after the first preliminary levels.

I always found Tikal to be quite a dull character as well. I mean, yes, her backstory was tradgic and sacrifice to save the world was really noble but as a character and personality-wise, nothing really clicked with me about her besides her being a pacifist.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

The D-word is never used in Sonic Adventure so she can still come back.

As for being able to turn into an floating orb, she probably got that power from sealing herself in the Master Emerald.

Actually, my contention is that she's a bitch more than she's dull. Please, anyone, feel free to punch holes in my logic because I freely admit to being jaded at her character by this point, but my reasoning is as follows;

From what I gather, we know this much of her circumstance before she got locked inside the Emerald [circa Sonic Adventure];

-Pachacamac was already dispondant of Tikal due to his wife's death, but there isn't any sign that Tikal really had any bone of contention with him before the chao incident.

-The Knuckles tribe was already conquering other tribes, but Tikal never says anything about those exploits.

-Tikal came across the chao and Chaos, and forms a bond with them.

-The whole reason that she was protecting the shrine was to save THEM, not anyone else in particular. She knew that hurting the chao angered Chaos through her bond, and then subsequently sealed herself inside the Master Emerald, to calm Chaos down.

Now granted, the whole thousands of years later thing could have easily granted her a new, otherworldly perspective which made her more observant to the world and not just her small area.

If we look at Chronicles' interpretation of events instead of Sonic Adventure, this presents us with a brand new issue; the whole point of Pachacamac getting the Emeralds was to protect themselves from the Nocturnus. So...

-Why didn't Tikal warn Chaos that that was her father's intention? I find it unlikely that she didn't notice the Nocturnus coming either if Pachacamac was going onto last resorts.

-Why didn't she move the chao? I'm certain that chao can last at least some time away from water if needs be, and there wasn't any indication that Pachacamac was going to go after the Master Emerald, just the Chaos Emeralds.

-Why didn't she just ask Chaos nicely for them? Chaos may be a bit of a monster, but there were signs that he could understand and empathise with Tikal in his calmer moments, all she'd need to do is explain the situation and ask to borrow them, it'd be a win-win deal for everyone (except the Nocturnus, obviously).

-If she didn't do that due to her pacifism...what the fuck.

Okay, I've said my points, now use your knowledge to knock it down!

Okay, I've said my points, now use your knowledge to knock it down!
Will do!

First off, even if all of this were true, none of it makes her a bitch. At worst, she had good intentions but made sub-optimal decisions.

-The Knuckles tribe was already conquering other tribes, but Tikal never says anything about those exploits.
We only see a tiny slice of her life; it's entirely possible that she's spoken up before. But even if this was the first time, so what? She's a weak young girl standing up to her father and her tribe; it takes a lot of courage to even start speaking out.

-The whole reason that she was protecting the shrine was to save THEM, not anyone else in particular.
While that was likely her main intention at that moment, it's also the culmination of her opposition to her father's actions as a whole. If not for the whole wiping out of their civilization and her sealing herself away, she likely would've continued to oppose Pachachamac attacking other tribes.

If we look at Chronicles' interpretation of events instead of Sonic Adventure,
Which we really, really shouldn't. There's no reason to believe Chronicles is canon.

-Why didn't Tikal warn Chaos that that was her father's intention? I find it unlikely that she didn't notice the Nocturnus coming either if Pachacamac was going onto last resorts.

-Why didn't she just ask Chaos nicely for them? Chaos may be a bit of a monster, but there were signs that he could understand and empathise with Tikal in his calmer moments, all she'd need to do is explain the situation and ask to borrow them, it'd be a win-win deal for everyone (except the Nocturnus, obviously).

We don't entirely know how Chaos' mind works. He's not entirely mindless, but we don't know if he has the intelligence to understand that sort of situation.

-Why didn't she move the chao? I'm certain that chao can last at least some time away from water if needs be,
If I remember right, she did ask Chaos to take the chao somewhere safe, but he refused. And it probably wouldn't be a good idea for her to try it herself after that.

and there wasn't any indication that Pachacamac was going to go after the Master Emerald, just the Chaos Emeralds.
"Hmm, yes, I'll take these seven emeralds and leave the really big one here. It's just, y'know, I don't want to be greedy."
  • Thumbs Up 2

Best tutorial character ever. Really need to bring her back if only for that. A red orb spirit looks far more attractive than just random rainbow question marks placed everywhere. Don't really understand what the "She's dead!!" crying is all about. Plenty of series have ghost and/or spirit characters. If Sega ever gets around to doing more Knuckles focused stories again then that would be the best time to bring her back I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best tutorial character ever. Really need to bring her back if only for that. A red orb spirit looks far more attractive than just random rainbow question marks placed everywhere.
I could go with this, actually. Basically like Omochao, only easier on the ears.

Don't really understand what the "She's dead!!" crying is all about.
It's not just that she died, but that she's apparently been put to rest, judging from the ending of SA. Her story was told, in full, in SA, and there's no real reason for her to stick around, either in-universe or out. That's typically how ghosts work; fix whatever's tying them to the mortal plane, and they go away.

It's not just that she died, but that she's apparently been put to rest, judging from the ending of SA. Her story was told, in full, in SA, and there's no real reason for her to stick around, either in-universe or out. That's typically how ghosts work; fix whatever's tying them to the mortal plane, and they go away.

Shadow. The. Hedgehog.