Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

After looking more into this I noticed all the advertising of tutorials and AI opponents custom designed to ease newcomers in who don't usually like traditional fighting games. NOW I am very interested.

After looking more into this I noticed all the advertising of tutorials and AI opponents custom designed to ease newcomers in who don't usually like traditional fighting games. NOW I am very interested.

Edited by LunarEdge

If you ask me, this is nothing but good news

http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/26/skullgirls-release-delayed-until-early-2012/

A mix of good and bad news from the Skullgirls website today. The bad news is that the game’s release will be delayed until early in the first quarter of 2012. The reason for this delay is said to be that the team is “just trying to make the best game [they] can.”

The good news is an awesome and evolving list of features the team is adding (or has added) to the game.

• Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
  • Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
  • Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
  • Additional music from Michiru Yamane
  • Requested color palettes
  • Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
  • PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack option
  • Button macros to help when playing on a pad
  • Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
  • In-game art galleries

This all sounds great to me, and I’m in love with the 15 frame pause function!

looks like they are trying nothing but to get this game down right

Anyone who honestly thought that this game was actually going to be released at the end of this year hasn't been following this game that closely at all. This was just them finally admitting the obvious.

They were working way too slow for it to launch this year. Only five characters have been officially shown and only four of those in-game. That's half the characters intended for launch not shown in-game roughly three months before release. That's completely ignoring the boss characters.

Edited by Chooch

Anyone who honestly thought that this game was actually going to be released at the end of this year hasn't been following this game that closely at all. This was just them finally admitting the obvious.

They were working way too slow for it to launch this year. Only five characters have been officially shown and only four of those in-game. That's half the characters intended for launch not shown in-game roughly three months before release. That's completely ignoring the boss characters.

well despite that, the changes they are making to the game and the features they are tweaking in (hurray for custom Ps3 soundtracks and 15frame pause) are pretty awesome.

Parasol is looking great! Looks good for controlling the field.

Anyway!

TWO NEW FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS! (PLUS Ms. FORTUNE GAMEPLAY!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBy25YH0DBQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

20110128203738!Trollface.png

"Blam! Right in the kisser!"

Garbage day is always awesome, but that Peacock level 3 is freaking awesome! I also like it that they used the previously mention color options.

Edited by 504 YoshiUnity Time-Out

It seems to me that this fighter has teams just because, hey all those other fighters have teams. This game seems kinda derivative when it comes to how it functions.

It seems to me that this fighter has teams just because, hey all those other fighters have teams. This game seems kinda derivative when it comes to how it functions.

not necessarily true. The game gives you the option for team battle or not. You can still do 1vs1 while they give you the option to do 1vs2, 2vs2, 3vs3, 2vs3, 1vs3 and so on. If anything it's nice to know we have the option.

is that necessarily a bad thing though? With the amount of fighters these days, a new one is bound to take a few "pointers" from another. They still have a bit of originality in this game when it comes to game play mechanics and functions, such as the 15frame pause and the simplified controls so moves such as 360 motions don't cause you to jump.

Ms. Fortune Demonstration

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-ms-fortune-character/721768

*Not up on Youtube yet.*

Well... I'm definitely using her along with Peacock on my team. I love how adorably fucked up her moves are. Shoots blood out of her wounds for a dash, removing her tail and using it as a sword, stretching her veins around the enemy and playing with it like a yarn ball,.removing and placing her head playing a factor in her moves and vulnerability... Definitely an interesting character.

Edited by 504 YoshiUnity Time-Out

Ms. Fortune Demonstration

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-ms-fortune-character/721768

*Not up on Youtube yet.*

Well... I'm definitely using her along with Peacock on my team. I love how adorably fucked up her moves are. Shoots blood out of her wounds for a dash, removing her tail and using it as a sword, stretching her veins around the enemy and playing with it like a yarn ball,.removing and placing her head playing a factor in her moves and vulnerability... Definitely an interesting character.

It got removed

Edit: Nevermind I have to watch it on Gametrailers

Edited by Tmsp

Yeah, it looks like I'm going to use her with Peacock. She looks interesting and fun to play.

She's also more my style than Peacock.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some more footage for you.

lol @1:48

Well-excuse-me-Princess-Well-excuse-me-Princess.jpg?1318992465

These references... Keep'em comin'!

• 1 month later...

It's been half a year since they uploaded this, but MY GOD, THE MUSIC.

Also, *gasp* a mature-sounding catgirl character? Yes yes yes. It's the little things like this that add to the multitudes of win thus far.

In addition, two new characters have shown up on the website from what I've seen: Painwheel and Valentine.

• 2 weeks later...

Those weren't posted here but those are pretty old, yeah. I think at some point the names were leaked as well. If I'm not mistaken, the one next to Parasoul is called Umbrella and the character to the left of Valentine is called And I Must Scream.

Not sure if already posted, but all characters models where leaked some months ago:

MO4CE.jpg

You can see that this list is a little old since Miss Fortune or whatever she is called still has her old look.

The 3 characters from the bottom where said to be bosses, but one of them is now a playble character (Valentine).

Also there are some characters that where scraped I guess (possible DLC?), like this one:

L4C0O.jpg
Edited by Cero Claus

So in the first spoiler;

I'm guessing that out of the three "boss" characters, the first is a grotesque fusion of several of the girls, I can easily see a bit of everyone except Parasoul, Painwheel and Ms. Fortune, the second is of course Valentine, and I believe that the final one is the Skullgirl herself, or someone very close to her

As for the second spoiler, I'd love to see such a character in action, the very idea of it intrigues me

Now, I must say, this looks like an interesting fighting game, even though I suck at them. I'm particularly interested in the cartoonish character Peacock,

and the little girl with the multi-eyed umbrella looks nice too. Also...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT SCRAPPED CHARACTER?!

I may give it a try when it comes out.

Now, I must say, this looks like an interesting fighting game, even though I suck at them. I'm particularly interested in the cartoonish character Peacock,

and the little girl with the multi-eyed umbrella looks nice too. Also...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT SCRAPPED CHARACTER?!

I may give it a try when it comes out.

Edited by Tmsp