Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

So, Skullgirls Encore 1.05 aka Skullgirls 2nd Encore 1.00 came out yesterday. Free update to Skullgirls Encore on PS3 and PC. 2nd Encore for PS4 and Vita is out. RIP 360 owners. I'll just quote the general changes.

• Robo-Fortune added to the roster as the fifth and final DLC character.
    • Purchase her from the store FREE for the first 3 months!
    • She’s included in 2nd Encore on PS4 (and PS Vita when it becomes available) with no DLC required!
    • Robo-Fortune’s Story added to Story Mode.
    • Robo-Fortune’s Tutorial added to Tutorials.
  • New stage added: Meridian Area Rapid Transit, featuring the “Going Nowhere Fast” background theme by Michiru Yamane.
  • The new PS4 and PSVita versions of 2nd Encore come with the following exclusive enhancements:
    • Story modes are now fully voiced. In addition to the playable cast, the entire supporting cast now has unique voices! Over 35 characters!
    • Added Challenges and Trials! Try them in the Training menu if you think you’re Skullgirl enough…
    • Original set of Skullgirls trophies have been updated to be a full Platinum trophy set. Some have been updated, and some are entirely new!
    • All Playstation versions have online crossplay. Fight the entire community of PS4, PS3, and PS Vita players!
    • The PS4 version comes with the Lab Zero legacy controller driver – use most PS3 fightsticks and 3rd-party controllers in PS4 Skullgirls! No need to pair your fightstick with a DualShock 4; versus play is possible with one DualShock 4 and one legacy controller, or two legacy controllers alone.
  • Added alternate voice packs for select characters! Choose them by holding down the buttons when selecting a color with a button combination shortcut, or by pressing up or down while manually choosing your color after pressing Start on a character. The voice pack selection will save with Entourages, too.
    • Anime Peacock by Sarah Williams. Hey, this ain’t the convention hall!
    • Salty Parasoul by Erin Fitzgerald. You will refer to me only as “Your Highness!”
    • Valley Girl Painwheel by Danielle McRae. My dad is, like, a total space cadet!
    • Politician Double by Kaiji Tang. If you can’t pay taxes, you’re better off dead!
    • Saxploitation Big Band by Rich Brown. Brass to the face puts a fool in their place!
  • Added two more alternate announcers! Select them in the Help & Options > Settings > Voice Settings menu, or just keep it on Real Soviet Announcer forever. :^)
    • Female Announcer by Christina Vee. Try to keep it cute, hunh?
    • Dazed Announcer by Joshua Tomar. Hit ’em with the punches and kicks!
  • The Use Opponent Voice Settings Online option has been added. If an online opponent selects an alternate VO pack, changing it from the default of “No” will let alternate voices play during matches.
  • Added tutorials for the Infinite Prevention System (IPS), Drama, and Combo Stages.
  • Added CPU Quickmatch to Single Player menu: fight the CPU team of your choice.
  • Fixes and improvements to existing stages:
    • Adjusted the volume for Under the Bridge’s music.
    • Fixed some arena effects in NMO Arena.
  • Fixes and improvements to Training Mode:
    • Added vertical dividers on 5f increments for Advanced Attack Data’s frame data display, as well as improving the scrolling for the bar. Thanks to CaioLugon and others.
    • Fixed the dummy input playback interfering with the frame data display. Thanks to CaioLugon.
    • Fixed the !! effect appearing when the tutorial dummy gets hit by mid attacks. Thanks to Ryin.
    • Fixed a bug that was giving the training dummy 1 extra vulnerable frame after a push block before taking any action.
    • Attempting to record or erase a dummy recording now displays a red X if the Recording Number is set to “Sequential” or “Random”, rather than giving no indication of the problem.
  • Fixes and improvements for UI:
    • Updated the “Perfect!” animation to make it a bit more apparent.
    • In Tutorial Mode, the right-side text for objectives is now drawn in front of the characters.
  • In Story Mode only, Marie is now 2 difficulty levels easier than the setting chosen by the player.
  • Added loading screen for Marie, instead of having them be blank.
  • The AI no longer breaks when you run underneath them and keep running.
  • Fixed some longstanding issues with the combo counter vocabulary: 100 is now “Centennial”, 101/110/111 are now “Binary”, 102-109 are now “Courageous”, and 112-120 are now “Legendary”. Previously, “Binary” was used for non-1/0 words between 100 and 110.
  • The following changes from the PC version of WulfPatch have been added to all other versions with 2nd Encore:
    • Added An Oasis of Blood, the real music for Bath of Sekhmet by Michiru Yamane.
    • Restored the guitar solo in The Crowd Goes Wild.
    • The stage select images for Empty Lab 8 and Final Atrium have been updated.
    • Added a move list for “Universal Commands”.
    • All character tutorials are now on an associated stage for the character, rather than the training stage.
    • “First hit” and “after first hit” settings in training mode now take slow motion into account when determining when to reset the first-hit timer. Thanks to Thunder-Slash.
    • The recovery of Filia’s Trichobezoar is now correctly counter-hit state.
    • Training Mode’s frame data display now correctly tracks the recovery of Valentine’s air Savage Bypass on block.
    • Eliza and Big Band’s AI will now attack you when you’re airborne. Eliza’s will now throw you and use Sekhmet. Thanks to Skarmand.
    • AI works properly vs Beowulf staying seated after an Outtake. Thanks to Skarmand.

And here's the new voice clips.

Huh, that explains why Marie felt really easy as Robo Fortune even though I suck at using her. 

Also, Republican Double, Drunk Announcer, and Anime Peacock are the best voice packs just saying.

Huh, that explains why Marie felt really easy as Robo Fortune even though I suck at using her. 

Also, Republican Double, Drunk Announcer, and Anime Peacock are the best voice packs just saying.

That's not Salty Parasoul.

So is this going to be the last update? I'm assuming it is, considering Lab Zero recently announced "Indivisible," and they probably want to focus their energy on that.

If it is, then it was a pretty good run, I had lots of fun with Skullgirls, but It's probably best for them to try out new stuff. That being said, I'm looking forward to what Lab Zero has in the future. I'm already interested in Indivisible, and the creators have often expressed interest in a Skullgirls Sequel, so it's not all over for that series.

That being said, Robo-Fortune's DLC was very comedy heavy, not surprising considering Robo-Fortune was originally conceived as a joke, turned into a alt. voice, turned into an original character altogether. In the end, the final story character for Skullgirls ended not with a bang, but with a great laugh... or maybe it did end with bang to some people. Either way, I liked it.

But yeah, I still gotta try out the alt. voices sooner or later. 

Wow fully voiced cutscenes.......................... for a console I don't own. 

(FUCK ME).