Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

I'm sad they didn't include Squigly and Umbrella, through theirs always eventual DLC, if possible that is.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I'm sad they didn't include Squigly and Umbrella, through theirs always eventual DLC, if possible that is.

Don't worry, they are confirmed to be early DLC.

Update!

I don't know if anyone has been keeping up as of late, but from what I can see, no one updated for Painwheel and Valentine (well they were mentioned), 2 newer characters revealed for Skullgirls. I'm not a fan of Painwheel's character design but her game play does hold my interest.

Painwheel:

Painwheel_Lineup-409x600.jpg

Valentine:

valentine1-x.png

here is some game play for Valentine

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56630/skullgirls-hands-on-preview/

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm still not entirely over the fact that Squigly was pushed to post-release downloadable content to make way for these characters.

I was really looking forward to seeing her. Far more than the likes of Valentine, who is terribly uninteresting conceptually and has seemingly stolen Leona Heidern's hair style.

Edited by Chooch Kringle

I never even heard of this character "Squigly" guess I missed something somewhere down the road, I've been keeping up with this game pretty tightly too

I never even heard of this character "Squigly" guess I missed something somewhere down the road, I've been keeping up with this game pretty tightly too

The one that looks based on Nightmare Before Christmas.

Squigly is the character next to Filia in this image of the main cast of eight characters.

Top row is Filia, Squigly, Cerebella, and Ms. Fortune. Middle row is Umbrella, Parasoul, Painwheel, and Peacock. Bottom row is the boss characters. Double, Valentine and Bloody Marie, the current Skullgirl.

Edited by Chooch Kringle

This just in: an exhibition of several combos for Painwheel, and damn, she scary.

EDIT: And now there's one for Valentine.

Edited by The Joiner!

• 1 month later...

Over an Hour of Skullgirls Goodness!

A lot of Cerebella BSing about, but this includes intro, menus, training and actually fighting footage! You can also change settings ON THE FLY!

Also... D-Did I just see a Milk-Chan alt for Peacock?

Super-Milk-Chan-Happy.gif

...Okay, that's it. She's my main. Done deal. The personality, the character traits, the design, the references, the alts... There's absolutely nothing I hate about this character.

IG Extended Coverage: Skullgirls Part 1

Single person main: Peacock

Duo team mains: Peacock and Ms. Fortune

Trio team mains: Peacock, Ms. Fortune and Valentine/Cerebella.

Edited by YoshiUnity vs. Heart Man

Well I was on that one board what will not be named and it turns out they were talking about two of the alts.

1328829800302.jpg

The first one is Harley Quinn obviously and other one is

I might be interested in getting this game since it does look like a solid fighter. And it does have several nods to other animation stuff so its all good.

Only problem is that I don't have a PS3. D:

Double confirmed to be the final Non-DLC Skullgirls playable character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3JVP8Zh0&feature=channel

Basically, she's Seth: a character with a mix of moves, tweaked or unchanged, from other characters. However, she apparently has a good chunk of original moves and can perform attacks in the form of other fighters that not even they could do.

Summary of the character.

----http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/17/skullgirls-delivers-deadly-double-dose-with-final-character-reveal/

Skullgirls-Double.png

Skullgirls-Double-2.png

Skullgirls-Double-3.png

Edited by YoshiUnity Seven VII 7

Double confirmed to be the final Non-DLC Skullgirls playable character.

I like her regular design and the monster one, only not that much.

Looking forward for her supers like the Peackock scrapped one.

Edited by Tmsp

Gametrailers Double Walkthrough

Part 1 --http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-double-skullgirls/727033

Part 2 --http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-double-skullgirls/727035

Yep. She's everything I said she was in the first post. She's also the heaviest and tallest.

Her supers are as followed:

1. She turns into Peacock and runs people over in a car. Has Invincible armor.

2. Turns into a headless Ms. Fortune and then calls forth six scampering Ms. Fortune heads. (They runs on their ears... So creepily cute. :3) They're like a combination of Felicia's Kitty Helper and Strider's Oroboros, attacking depending on what button you press and they don't last all that long.

3. A level 3 grab. She volleys you all over place, transforming into a different character every time. Some characters are NOT in the Non-DLC roster.

4. Level 5 Super. Turns into Peacock's Easter Island Head, slams on opponent and then can shoot projectiles Gradius boss style.

Mis Fortune's powers sort of stop making sense when the ninja nurse slits her throat and that does more damage than her tearing her head off.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't help but be bitter when we got painfully boring Valentine and an ammorphous blob that mixes 6 of the other characters instead of Squiggly and Umbrella.

Funny you should say, I find Valentine to be my favorite design of all the Skullgirls, partially cause I'm a sucker for both macabre and grindhouse-style nurse fetishism. At the same time I find Squiggly a pretty generic "unique" character for the game to have.

I do agree on Double being a lazy clusterfuck though.

I can't help but be bitter when we got painfully boring Valentine and an ammorphous blob that mixes 6 of the other characters instead of Squiggly and Umbrella.

Not just Squigly and Umbrella, but Mike Z has literally hundreds of character designs he made over the years.

Heck, I'm surprised that the main villain, Bloody Marie wasn't the last addition, but all will come eventually.

I will say, I'd much rather have Doubles Human form over that blargabangabongazheompjmppcnjh blob.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

As far as the whole "slitting Ms. Fortune's throat" thing. I can't really see how removing her head is a better alternative. In a technical sense, removing her head would do nothing since she can take it off herself and doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Now she can still feel pain, even when separated, so Valentine could just cut parallel to the stitch to inflict damage. But, eh. Fighting games. I can't say it matters much.

Anyway, I actually find Valentine to be a very interesting character. I'm glad she's not just a ninja in a skimpy nurse outfit. Her moves combination ninjutsu with intentional malpractice - and how it's handled - she can be rush-down and very tactical. I like her grab where she applies anesthesia to put her opponent asleep and to continue her combos. Writing prescriptions to counter as if they were ninja scrolls. (A counter special that doesn't scream "I'M GOING TO COUNTER YOU! AAAAAAAAAHH!!") Administering doses of poison like poison darts, each with different effects. (Purple = Health loss, Green = hit/block stun increase, Orange = input lag) And I like really like her specials, especially her defibrillator level 5. (Subpar damage, but can resurrect dead partners.) I think it's awesome that they're using the dead bodies for something.

Double on the other hand... While I brought news up about her, I'm never really too keen with characters like her. I mean I think it's cool that most of her moves aren't just carbon copies from other fighters movesets. Also, I do like her supers, but at the most I'll probably use her a few times and stop.

Edited by YoshiUnity Seven VII 7

So far I'm personally liking any character. When I see a new character for a fighter I don't go "Oh look, this character resembles "A" so I'm going to put it down," I tend to wait till the game comes out so i can personally play it before making any sort of claim. I think all the characters so far look promising and I look forward to the DLC characters as well