Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

Looks absolutely promising. definitely gonna try maining Ms. Fortune and Peacock.

Peacock and Parasoul for me. Looks promising indeed. I wonder how much they plan to charge for the game

Peacock and Parasoul for me. Looks promising indeed. I wonder how much they plan to charge for the game

Something in the lines of 15/20 Euros (not sure about US).

I probably will main solo Filia, Peacock or Double.

Not just Squigly and Umbrella, but Mike Z has literally hundreds of character designs he made over the years.

Heck, I'm surprised that the main villain, Bloody Marie wasn't the last addition, but all will come eventually.

I will say, I'd much rather have Doubles Human form over that blargabangabongazheompjmppcnjh blob.

Correction, Mike_Z creates the movesets and Alex Ahad designs the characters.

People can check is blog full of ideas for new characters like a Zombie-Pirate Girl and The Bogey Man.

Correction, Mike_Z creates the movesets and Alex Ahad designs the characters.

People can check is blog full of ideas for new characters like a Zombie-Pirate Girl and The Bogey Man.

Whoops, I got Alex and Mike mixed up.

Speaking of Squigly (A garenteed DLC character who lots of folks want, myself included), I found more of her bio on Shoryuken wiki, might be outdated by now. http://wiki.shoryuke...llgirls/Squigly

Also some cool old concept of her http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/SingerOfW/Art%20dump/Squigly/?start=all

Mike Z did say that she in particular was hard to animate or make moves for a long while ago, but I like how alot of her moves look here, basically a mix of Chinese style martial arts with using her parasite Leviathan for distance, and also some moves that make use of her Zombie-ness. Also by her bio and also all the concept art of her and Filia fighting, best to say that their instant rivals.

Mmmm....delicous.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

• 1 month later...

Not sure if its legit but Xbox Live has SkullGirls set for release on the 4th of April 2012

SG.jpg?t=1332380714

Lets hope its true, i can't wait for this...

yea a few friends and I were talking about that awhile back. Hoping it's true, although I won't be able to buy it atm. You would think they would officially announce such a release date when in all reality it's pretty close

• 2 weeks later...

Skullgirls is set to drop on XBLA April 11th and the PSN release date is still pending but they are aiming for a April 10th release.

The price will be $14.99 (Is there someone that could convert that to €? I tried but I'm not sure about the result)

PS: Also they made this today for the April Fools Day:

http://skullgirls.com/2012/04/skullgals-coming-to-handheldgaming-systems-in-early-2013/

MK4vE.gifLdGrg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I CAN'T WAIT HNNNNNNNNNGH

Syndicate will keep me Busy till Wednesday... i hope ;-;

Sorry for the double post but:

6TTX7.png

Final Boss, not playable for now

I'm just surprised that she did get into the game.

If you have been following Skullgirls you probablly know this chick.

I just finished downloading the demo. It'll make it easier for when I buy the game at a later date since the "demo" is the full game minus the unlock code anyway.

Gonna try it out now.

Bought the game shortly after playing the demo and I'm impressed. The game feels very fluent when it comes to combos/chains etc. All the characters are surprisingly good and well-rounded.

Online is smooth and I've personally experienced pretty much no lag in all my sessions so far. Kinda bummed there's no lobby option, hopefully if the game gains enough popularity they will patch it in sooner or later.

My one complaint are the grabs. Kinda wish they went with the BB approach to grabs ("!" appears when grab is executed). I feel it's more of a guessing game when trying to tech grabs like in SF4.

My one complaint are the grabs. Kinda wish they went with the BB approach to grabs ("!" appears when grab is executed). I feel it's more of a guessing game when trying to tech grabs like in SF4.

Demo is fun. Opening up the Character Select and seeing the roster is so hilarious it's depressing. I need the full game to forward my Painwheel/Peacock dream team.

PAINCOCK.

So...speaking of grabs...who's the grappler character in this game? And is Peacock as good as she looked in the previews?

So...speaking of grabs...who's the grappler character in this game? And is Peacock as good as she looked in the previews?

Cerebella.

[10:31:12] Des Co.: You can tell Mike Z had his hands on her a lot

[10:31:28] Des Co.: Take everything about Tager and Potemkin and keep the good, ignore the bad

[10:31:31] Des Co.: this is Cerebella

[10:31:47] Des Co.: she doesn't even have the biggest hitbox

[10:31:51] Des Co.: that award goes to Double

Peacock and her seem to be the current crowd favorites, but for good reasons as far as I'm seeing.

[10:31:12] Des Co.: You can tell Mike Z had his hands on her a lot

[10:31:28] Des Co.: Take everything about Tager and Potemkin and keep the good, ignore the bad

[10:31:31] Des Co.: this is Cerebella

[10:31:47] Des Co.: she doesn't even have the biggest hitbox

[10:31:51] Des Co.: that award goes to Double

There is a thing that I don't understand even when reading the story, though.

Who are the villains in this piece? I mean, sure Valentine and the final boss are no do-gooder but what about the rest?

Downloaded the game and managed to get through one character story on Normal. I'm completely green on fighters; I mainly went for this game for its awesome Scott Pilgrim-ish art style and humour, so I can't really tell you if it's a good or a bad fighter, but it's definitely fun to play.

Main major annoyance is that the character moves aren't listed in-game. At all. You're told a few of them in the tutorial, then you're on your own.

There is a thing that I don't understand even when reading the story, though.

Who are the villains in this piece? I mean, sure Valentine and the final boss are no do-gooder but what about the rest?

That's part of the charm. Valentine and Double are obviously evil (unless they're secretly not, I haven't unlocked their stories), while most of the rest are morally ambiguous enough that you don't know whether or not they'll get corrupted by the Skull Heart if they win.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

You can't tech throws while crouching. Expect me and a lot of other people to mash on throws.

Main major annoyance is that the character moves aren't listed in-game. At all. You're told a few of them in the tutorial, then you're on your own.

It's literally the dumbest thing. "Cool! Hitbox viewer! This is great for the dedicated fighting game fans out there!! ..Wait. No move list? What?"

You're going to have to have to look at the character guides on the main Skullgirls website or Shoryuken's wiki if you wanna learn anything.

As for me? Eh.. I'll get the game eventually. I don't really have the money right now and there are things much higher on my priority list. It's a fun game but I never liked the art style or the character designs and I find a few of the gameplay mechanics a little questionable. It's still a solid fighter and worth $15 tho'.

It's literally the dumbest thing. "Cool! Hitbox viewer! This is great for the dedicated fighting game fans out there!! ..Wait. No move list? What?"

You're going to have to have to look at the character guides on the main Skullgirls website or Shoryuken's wiki if you wanna learn anything.

Well excuse me for expecting a modern video game, a downloadable one at that, to at the least teach me all the basic controls rather than try and guess everything.