Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

Oh hey guise! I've been living under a rock (well, actually been kinda casually glancing at this game from behind one), so may I ask if there's been any word on the PC release of this game yet? Wikipedia doesn't have a specific date for that listed yet. I love me some fightan' games (and I would say girls too, but since this is an American game they all have huge tits so sadface) so I'd totally be game for this!

Oh hey guise! I've been living under a rock (well, actually been kinda casually glancing at this game from behind one), so may I ask if there's been any word on the PC release of this game yet? Wikipedia doesn't have a specific date for that listed yet. I love me some fightan' games (and I would say girls too, but since this is an American game they all have huge tits so sadface) so I'd totally be game for this!

Yeah, but that's why I always play as Konoha. :c At least I have the choooiccceee. Not to mention that, like a third of the fighters are DFC in that game anyways. :v

OH FINE YOU'VE TALKED ME INTO IT. I'll go buy it for PS3 first thing in the morning. Would have preferred a simultaneous PC release, though. Oh well, I'm perfectly fine with buying indie games twice; it's always good to support the devs on these things.

Well you still have Peacock and Painwheel that are flatchested. Not only that but two other flatchest chars will come out as dlc (Squigly and Umbrella). Add me on ps3 so we can have some matches sometimes :D. (Boo-ZAWARUDO)

Edited by Boodendorf

Peacock looks freaking terrifying and Painwheel is totally not a DFC. Umbrella looks pretty neat though!

...wait, what the fuck are we even talking about now?

Um.

Gameplay looks nice.

Uhhhh...

Grappler... zoning... tiers... combo... hyper... OTG... special attack!

That's the best I can do.

Peacock looks freaking terrifying and Painwheel is totally not a DFC. Umbrella looks pretty neat though!

Um.

Gameplay looks nice.

Uhhhh...

Positive thing about the tier list: when it's made, every chars will be at least in the top 10 ;).

Oh and everything hits otg, like in blazblue.

Um.

Gameplay looks nice.

Uhhhh...

don't diss the Peacock Wiseguy, or you'll be walking the plank to a watery grave you maroon

now back to watching cartoons....

• Thumbs Up 1

OK then, given that I don't have a PS3 and a PC release is looking very unlikely, I'm going to try the XBLA demo and see how I feel. A bit apprehensive because beat 'em ups are really out of my comfort zone but I don't know until I try! :)

EDIT: BLEARGH, can't even clear the Blocking tutorial. Explains a lot. ._.

That took forever. I think it just clicked why I suck at beat 'em ups - I can't stand blocking.

Edited by Velotix von Skruviktorrius

It's important to note the distinction between a fighting game and a beat 'em up.

Also what's your issue with blocking?

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that I have to do it in the first place. :P

More serious answer: in general I find beat 'em up/fighter controls extremely counter-intuitive, and it's difficult to describe in words just how frustrating I find them and why. The four big ones screaming at me now are:

1) my brain expects an attack to be used the second the button is pushed, but it's actually more that I'm sending "thoughts" to a character and they'll respond in about a quarter of a second. This is enough to completely throw me off and I have this problem with every fighter.

2) every time I want to block a jump attack I instinctively crouch to avoid it which is the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do and I keep falling for it.

3) my thumb keeps slipping off the Block key because I'm holding it too long :P

4) WHY ISN'T THERE A BLOCK KEY?!

The controls just don't naturally click with my brain - they usually do the expect opposite of what I expect them to do. It's unfortunate that Skullgirls is no different but the tutorials are a godsend because I actually have something teaching me the novice concepts of the genre that I've never understood.

EDIT: BLEARGH, can't even clear the Blocking tutorial. Explains a lot. ._.

That took forever. I think it just clicked why I suck at beat 'em ups - I can't stand blocking.

The blocking tutorial probably seems like a pain in the ass but that tutorial and the mix up tutorial are individually, both the best tutorials I've ever seen in a fighting game, ever. If you apply what you learned in that one to every fighter ever you well soon find yourself being amazing at fighters.

You're right about stuff like blocking jump attacks standing being unintuitive, this is why I love the SG tutorial.

and with blocking not having a key, I really hate when there's a block button in fighters (Mortal Kombat) IMO just having holding backwards be block is a good idea, generally when you want to defend you also want to be moving away slightly to avoid... and you don't move at all whilst crouch blocking... IDK I just think it's good having block on back instead of wasting a whole nother button.

Oh and everything hits otg, like in blazblue.

Not everything, but most peoples 2.lk and 2.lp does. I noticed in particulatr you can't OTG witha lot of the games launchers, which just show this weird white hit spark which i guess represents invulnerability instead of actually hitting
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dude its really not that complicated, I managed to pick up both this game and Blazblue in relatively decent time, and they're definitely harder than say, Street Fighter. Maybe you just don't have the dexterity to play fighting games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I probably don't, I was just hoping that it would be different this time.

Oh well. :|

EDIT: Whilst I'm not giving up, I'm definitely in the Retard Tier of competence. My latest nightmare to overcome - the six-move combo. I can pull off each move on its own (yay!) but now I need to string them all together properly.

This is hard, guys. How do people do this so easily? :(

Edited by Velotix von Skruviktorrius

4) WHY ISN'T THERE A BLOCK KEY?!

Simply because it would make a crapload of tactics useless (high/low mixups, crossup/under, delayed hits...).

Not everything, but most peoples 2.lk and 2.lp does. I noticed in particulatr you can't OTG witha lot of the games launchers, which just show this weird white hit spark which i guess represents invulnerability instead of actually hitting

Technically, any attacks can OTG as long as the hitbox can touch the knockdowned character's hurtbox tongue.png.

Edited by Boodendorf

The tutorials I needed were locked until I bought the full game: only the first tutorial from each chapter is available. I was going from the basic tutorials straight to the Chapter 4 one.

...I feel a little better about my performance now. And yes, I did like the game enough to buy the full version because I figured if I can't master this game, even if I find it very very hard, I won't ever be able to get into the genre at all.

And hey, it's about time I had a challenge in gaming again. :D

Simply because it would make a crapload of tactics useless (high/low mixups, crossup/under, delayed hits...).

Technically, any attacks can OTG as long as the hitbox can touch the knockdowned character's hurtbox tongue.png.

Edited by Chooch

The Soul series has a block button and there are still high-low mix ups and delayed strings.

No idea what you mean.

Soul is designed differently.

Shoehorning a dedicated block button into a game designed like Skullgirls or Street Fighter is pretty counterintuitive.

The Soul series has a block button and there are still high-low mix ups and delayed strings.

No idea what you mean.

Edited by Boodendorf

So, am I the only one having a problem with the tutorials? Some of them won't let me do anything except crouch, which is pretty bad considering that one of those tutorials is the one about special attacks and blockbusters. ;-;

Otherwise, this game is super addicting omg

So, am I the only one having a problem with the tutorials? Some of them won't let me do anything except crouch, which is pretty bad considering that one of those tutorials is the one about special attacks and blockbusters. ;-;

Otherwise, this game is super addicting omg

Oh hey there! So I had a party at my house today and this game was a total hit. I can easily say that one of my friends in particular is going to obsess over it for the foreseeable future, too. Thanks for advertising this awesome game, guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey there! So I had a party at my house today and this game was a total hit. I can easily say that one of my friends in particular is going to obsess over it for the foreseeable future, too. Thanks for advertising this awesome game, guys!

You're welcome.

Really hoping this game picks up well for that future DLC

You're welcome.

Really hoping this game picks up well for that future DLC

Recently heard that Skullgirls was the most sold game on xbox live. :D.